Labadee food

On Labadee do they do a free barbecue or anything for food like Princess does on Princess Cays? We are cruising on RCL for the first time in December. Thanks!

Yes. Probably the same menu that Princess has. ;)

Ok thanks! I couldn’t check on RCL site because it’s currently undergoing maintenance. :rolleyes:

It's not on the website.

This is the reason that you joined Cruise Critic. ;) :D

(and Saturday night is their regular maintenance time. Not that it really improves anything)

On Labadee do they do a free barbecue or anything for food like Princess does on Princess Cays? We are cruising on RCL for the first time in December. Thanks!

Yes, but I don't waste my time on pre-cooked burgers or hot dogs, instead I go to the ship for lunch.

Food on Labadee is a nice large barbecue. Has grilled burgers, dogs, fish , chicken and many other barbecue favorite salads and sides. Really a nice day- We really look foward to this day. If you are in a suite, barefoot beach has a more elaborate barbecue for suite guests. Surely more than enough for most people to enjoy. Much nicer then the ships typically buffet. Shopping at the craft market also interesting. The island has many activities for children and adults.

We also enjoy a cabana. If you can swing it- book one. The beach is beautiful and the food is good. If you have a drink package, you can use it on labadee. Enjoy the day- a great beach day if the weather cooperates.

(and Saturday night is their regular maintenance time. Not that it really improves anything)

Far be it from me to correct sometime with your credentials (;)), but you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

main·tain

mānˈtān

verb

cause or enable (a condition or state of affairs) to continue.

If Royal Caribbean didn't perform regular maintenance on their systems, they might spontaneously get better, and clearly that is something up with which they will not put.

Food on Labadee is a nice large barbecue. Has grilled burgers, dogs, fish , chicken and many other barbecue favorite salads and sides. Really a nice day- We really look foward to this day. If you are in a suite, barefoot beach has a more elaborate barbecue for suite guests. Surely more than enough for most people to enjoy. Much nicer then the ships typically buffet. Shopping at the craft market also interesting. The island has many activities for children and adults.

We also enjoy a cabana. If you can swing it- book one. The beach is beautiful and the food is good. If you have a drink package, you can use it on labadee. Enjoy the day- a great beach day if the weather cooperates.

Seriously?

We just returned from the May 13th sailing on the Allure. Labadee was my favorite. I would schedule my day differently. We had a 1 30 zip line. I would schedule my zip line early in the morning and go back to ship for lunch and enjoy beach and shopping later. The BBQ lunch was my least favorite of the entire cruise.

We really enjoyed the BBQ lunch buffet at Barefoot Beach.

Salads, Hamburgers hot dogs, to steaks shrimp skewers, corn on the cob....and all the fixens.

Table seating area, drink bar close to where you eat.

The steak for me was a little well done, and I asked and received a newly prepared one medium.

The desserts here were lame, cookies.

In April we did get to Coco Cay on an Enchantment sailing. We were pleasantly surpirsed with the food offerings. Plenty to eat and some of the food stations doing grilling.

I agree! When we were on CocoCay last year, they had paella, roasted pig, a mexican food bar, multiple salad options (watermelon and feta salad was my favorite!), and more. It was very impressive! (And we were not in a suite)

Not everyone is a fan of the jammer, plus she may have been talking about the suite lunch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m not a big fan of WJ, but BBQ on private islands (all of them) is usually exactly what BBQ section of WJ is. Maybe for some having it on the beach rather than inside feels better? :)

Far be it from me to correct sometime with your credentials (;)), but you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You may want to check the definition for the NOUN maintenance. I see nothing wrong with the post by Merion_Mom.

Yes, but I don't waste my time on pre-cooked burgers or hot dogs, instead I go to the ship for lunch.

Not too bad, the other offerings, Was lot better 30 years ago when they cooked it all on grills. No water park, no pier, no people locals selling Island stuff...

There are two bbq spots for the non suite guests. The one at the very end of the cart path near the straw market is usually less crowded.

There’s one past the straw markets at Columbus Cove. Is that one you were counting?