Email Princess if you are unhappy with the bottled water price increase

Coral

Last night - Princess increased the cost of a 12 pack of bottled water from $6.90 to $23.46. If you are unhappy with this decision I encourage you to email the following addresses:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

jswartz@princesscruises.com

If you are a stock holder, I encourage you to also include that information in your email.

Edited by Coral

Last night - Princess increased the cost of a 12 pack of bottled water from $6.90 to $23.46. If you are unhappy with this decision I encourage you to email the following addresses:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

jswartz@princesscruises.com

If you are a stock holder, I encourage you to also include that information in your email.

Holy crap! I just checked under our reservations and sure enough its tripled. I'd like to think that this is some sort of programming mistake. I'll buy a case and bring it on board like I used to do I guess.

Holy crap! I just checked under our reservations and sure enough its tripled. I'd like to think that this is some sort of programming mistake. I'll buy a case and bring it on board like I used to do I guess.

I called them last night when no bottled water options were offered. They said they were coming out with a "new package soon". So this is not a programming mistake. It maybe a matter of time before they stop letting us take bottled water onboard. Remember you used to be able to take as much wine as you wanted with out a corkage fee.

I had just made final payment recently and was going to buy "stuff this weekend" like water package, London pass, etc....

I emailed them and also posted on their Facebook page. I’m afraid that their next step will be to ban us from bringing on our own water or soft drinks like they’ve done on other lines.

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

I have emailed both addresses stating we are unhappy with price increase of bottled water packages, and asked for an explanation. I have also asked why bottled water packages are unavailable on cruises out of Australia.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Their new water prices are not out of line with other cruise lines...but it is those very differences that cause us to choose one line over another. The more they become like "every other line," the less incentive there is to choose Princess.

No, I'm not saying that the price of water would be sufficient to make me choose a different line, but the total of the small changes can make a particular company less attractive.

Their new water prices are not out of line with other cruise lines...but it is those very differences that cause us to choose one line over another. The more they become like "every other line' date='" the less incentive there is to choose Princess.

No, I'm not saying that the price of water would be sufficient to make me choose a different line, but the total of the small changes can make a particular company less attractive.[/quote']

Princess used to do a lot of things "a lot of other lines didn't do" which did make them special and had very loyal passengers because of this. They are losing those loyal passengers as you mentioned, there is no longer an incentive to stay loyal. The things that made Princess special are disappearing!

Princess used to do a lot of things "a lot of other lines didn't do" which did make them special and had very loyal passengers because of this. They are losing those loyal passengers as you mentioned, there is no longer an incentive to stay loyal. The things that made Princess special are disappearing!

Next step -- you can't bring on bottles -- like carnival.

I ordered mine at the $6.90 price a few days ago. Glad I did not wait till the last second as I usually do. I would never consider buying a 12 pack of water for the $23.46 currently listed. I will do without or carry on before I would pay that price. This is our first cruise with Princess, and it is stuff like this that made me NOT want to book with Royal this time. I don’t mind paying extra, but this is above and beyond reasonable.

I checked out curiosity and it's interesting to see the price is still so low on Carnival for water. Wonder if Carnival Corp is going to hit that next or if it will stay the same since there isn't the ***** on there to pay for.

I got back the auto reply that they would have to research it. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The auto reply I received asked if it were about my upcoming cruise. Guess the price gouging department is inundated and cannot come up with an appropriate BS auto response.

I would ask for a cosmo or chairman of the board, but those have been eliminated, too, from the elite lounge options.......ugh.

Looking at true premium cruise lines, crunch the $$, and given all the up-charges on mass market lines like Princess, the cost of cruising Crystal, etc., isn't all that more costly.

Darcy

This may also be Princess wanting to get out of the water delivery business. I have a friend in construction that will give an outrageous bid on a job that he does not want to do. If the person paying the tab is crazy enough to agree to the jacked up price, he will do the work. If we are crazy enough to pay $24 for 12 bottled waters, Princess will be happy to deliver.

This may also be Princess wanting to get out of the water delivery business. I have a friend in construction that will give an outrageous bid on a job that he does not want to do. If the person paying the tab is crazy enough to agree to the jacked up price, he will do the work. If we are crazy enough to pay $24 for 12 bottled waters, Princess will be happy to deliver.

My thoughts exactly and I said that to my wife earlier.