Just booked on Harmony however seen negative reviews

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

I've just booked my second (and boyfriends first) cruise on Harmony of the Seas for 24/02/19 however I've noticed quite a few negative reviews.

I sailed with Allure last year solo and loved it. I never had an issue with crowding or a table at MDR. I was happy being sat with other people.

The reviews have mentioned both the poor food and issues with crowding and I wonder what peoples views are?

I'm not sure if I went in a quiet time last year (October) but I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time. We're pretty relaxed people and just want to eat well, enjoy the cocktails and have fun.

Thanks,

Becky.

We loved Harmony! The only crowding issues we had was occasionally at the elevators- so we simply took the stairs. Food was great also. Take these reviews with a grain of salt - lots of people like to share the negative but not the positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always take the reviews on here with a grain of salt. People go on these ships looking for stuff to complain about instead of having a good time.

We cruised Anthem last year and got so worried when we saw the 60% review. Got on the ship and absolutely loved everything about it. Our problems were few and far between.

We went this summer and loved it. Have not ever really felt crowding on Oasis Class--some on Anthem, but now terrible, but never felt crowded on Harmony. Food is very good--not 5star restaurant every night, but very good and service is wonderful. You'll have a wonderful time!

Just done a B2B on her and found nothing of any issue that you can't find on any other ship of her class, or for that matter- any class!

The pool decks are always going to be busy (there's seperate threads for chair hogs lol) so we just go a deck above and it's only a few steps to the pools - that said the pools themselves can get busy!

Food wise, the MDR is always gonna change! Set dining from what i could see (50% of 1 of 3 floors) is in a minority, but on MTD i simply turned up on day 1, requested a table and sat at it each n every night! Food quality - same ol same ol (i personally can see a day when MDR's won't exist and your only inclusive choice will be the windjammer or you cough up for spec dining! Effectively as you do on most vacations - pay for whatever, whenever!)

Shows had lines for those who hadn't pre booked, but always got in to see what they wanted to see due to size/capacity of venues

Elevators - yeah, can be a pain at times! I think what happens is .. if someone selects 'up' it sends the next available one that's reached it's destination! That may not be the nearest one as it could be on deck 2 whereas after that point one finishes on deck 6 let's say! .. the latter one hasn't been told to stop at your floor so goes straight past - adds to the frustration, but yours turns up full! But because the system has sent one, you have to start all over!!! Winds me up no end! So if you're near the top and want to go down, select both - if an 'up' arrives, go up that floor then select your floor when it's empty!

Works for me!!!

Imho, Oasis class are the least congested ships of all classes due to their inherent size!

You'll have fun .. even if it's just playing the elevator game ha ha

Hi all,

I've just booked my second (and boyfriends first) cruise on Harmony of the Seas for 24/02/19 however I've noticed quite a few negative reviews.

I sailed with Allure last year solo and loved it. I never had an issue with crowding or a table at MDR. I was happy being sat with other people.

The reviews have mentioned both the poor food and issues with crowding and I wonder what peoples views are?

I'm not sure if I went in a quiet time last year (October) but I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time. We're pretty relaxed people and just want to eat well, enjoy the cocktails and have fun.

Thanks,

Becky.

I'm on Harmony right now and there is not one negative thing about.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Becky.

We had a great time on our Harmony cruise. I didn't find there to be excessive crowing other than the usual spots/times (i.e right after muster, peak times at the buffet). Definitely take advantage of the solarium which is lovely and peaceful and no children under 16 are allowed.

As for crowding, time of year has a big impact on how crowded the ship is ..... and thus the complaints. You will have a great time because you have a great attitude. Enjoy!

We were on a sold out cruise back this summer on Harmony and did not find it to be overcrowded, sans the elevator situation that is always bad no matter what size ship you go on.

I found Harmony to be better than Allure IMHO. Just the fact that you can go down from the Schooner Bar to the Royal Promenade was huge!

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I went in a quiet time last year (October) but I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time. We're pretty relaxed

people and just want to eat well, enjoy the cocktails and have fun.

Thanks,

Becky.

I love the Oasis class and never felt crowded except for Captain's night, which we skip, and when there's a parade or some other event in the Promenade. I've sailed on Oasis & Allure twice and twice on Easter week.

Just as a point of reference--Off the Aug 23rd Anthem cruise and not sure if the menu is the same across the fleet from US ports, but I found the menu to be absolutely staid. It remains the same every night with the exception of the top 2 items in each category. Mind you I did not starve, but it was a big difference from our Anthem's January sail. Asked our head waiter why such a difference and he replied to the amounts budgeted. Could not understand if it based on itinerary, ship or # of night. Maybe someone out there can elaborate.

Becky, the above is just my opinion.

Ps. Sailing on Symphony in Feb. and Harmony in April '20.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Becky.

Becky here is my most recent exciting time on Harmony of the Seas. Such a wonderful ship.

"Live" From Harmony of the Seas. September 8-15, 2018 - Eastern Itinerary

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2676684