EZ Air Pricing - Does It Include ALL Fees?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:25 AM.
Arizona
3,131 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
First time user of EZ Air here and I'm liking what I see so far. Have booked business class tix to return from London in July of 2018. Great prices to the point that it makes more sense to pay $ rather than use air miles. Now I'm doing the daily or almost-daily check to see if there are fare drops so I can rebook.

I'm pretty experienced in booking my own air and use frequent flyer miles quite a bit. I've learned that British Airways is notorious for tacking on a fuel surcharge that's so expensive they should be avoided. That said, I'm also seeing some pretty good routings home using BA at a decent EZ Air price but I'm a bit gun shy here because of BA's fuel surcharges.

Does anyone know if the price quoted by Princess EZ Air includes ALL taxes, fees and surcharges? I wouldn't want to book BA and then get hit with a crazy add-on fee when it's too late to find something else.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Emerald Princess - B2B Norway and Grand Mediterranean - 2016
Ocean Princess Final Voyage - Grand South America 2016; Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera - 2015
Royal Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 2014; Ruby Princess - Canada and Colonial America - 2014;
Ocean Princess - Singapore to Dover around Africa - 2014; Dawn Princess - Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand - 2013
Sapphire Princess - Los Angeles, Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, Los Angeles - 2012; Golden Princess - RT from Seattle to Alaska - 2012
Diamond Princess - Singapore to YVR 2012; Emerald Princess - Caribbean 2010-2011
Coral Princess - FLL - YVR plus Alaska RT 2010; Star Princess - South America and Antarctica 2009
Costa Classica - Genoa to Venice 2008; Costa Fortuna - Caribbean 2008
Costa Atlantica - Eastern Med 2006; Norwegian Dream - Baltic 2004
Norwegian Dream - Miami to Rome 2003; Norwegian Wind - HNL to YVR 2002
Norwegian Wind - Caribbean 2001; Celebrity Zenith - Caribbean 1996
Norwegian Windward (now the Wind) - So Cal Coastal 1993; Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Festivale - Eastern Caribbean 1988
USA
830 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
I don't know if this qualifies as the fee you are looking at, but, sometimes there is a fee for early seat selection. That was a shock for us, as it would have added almost $250 each to our fare.
Oregon
1,287 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Our experience ( including an upcoming flight with British Airways) has been that the EZ air price Includes fees with the exception of early seat selection on some airlines and any applicable luggage fees.

We have booked through EZ air a number of times and been happy.
Arizona
3,131 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Great replies folks, thanks!

Wow, early seat selection adding $250, that's a bunch. I'll have to look into BA's policy about that. We have some decent status with One World so we'll see if that helps at BA.

Baggage fees of course, should have mentioned that in the original post but thanks for the reminder.

DW (and me too) really wants to fly a 747 one more time before they go away and BA still has some on the routes we'd take back to the USA. Might even pay a tweenie bit more if it all works out. Otherwise it's AA all the way!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ocean Princess Final Voyage - Grand South America 2016; Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera - 2015
Royal Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 2014; Ruby Princess - Canada and Colonial America - 2014;
Ocean Princess - Singapore to Dover around Africa - 2014; Dawn Princess - Australia, Indonesia and New Zealand - 2013
Sapphire Princess - Los Angeles, Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti, Los Angeles - 2012; Golden Princess - RT from Seattle to Alaska - 2012
Diamond Princess - Singapore to YVR 2012; Emerald Princess - Caribbean 2010-2011
Coral Princess - FLL - YVR plus Alaska RT 2010; Star Princess - South America and Antarctica 2009
Norwegian Windward (now the Wind) - So Cal Coastal 1993; Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera
Southern California
802 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I booked EZAir on Delta and chose seats there was no fee associated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1996 Disney Magic 3 day Bahamas
1992 RCCL Monarch 7 daySouthern Caribbean
1993 Celeb Zenith 7 day Western Caribbean
2004 Princess Sun 10 dayEastern Caribbean
2005 Princess Dawn 10 dayWestern Caribbean
2007 Princess Diamond 7 dayMexico
2008 Princess Diamond 15 dayHawaii
2009 Princess Emerald 10 day Eastern Caribbean
2010 RCCL Radiance 10 day Mexico
2011 Princess Star 10 day Eastern Caribbean
2012 Princess Emerald 10 day Caribbean
2015 Princess Island 12 day Mediterranean
2016 Carnival Vista. 10 day Mediterranean
USA
830 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Kineticoh20
I booked EZAir on Delta and chose seats there was no fee associated.
Delta doesn't charge for selecting seats(so far), but their partner KLM does, but only $25-45 per seat. Some airlines charge up to $75 a seat, so if you have a stopover, then it gets expensive for a RT ticket.
Scottsdale AZ
2,545 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
If you have "status" with the airline you are using or as part of an alliance, all of those benefits combine with EZAir. Just provide your frequent flyer # when booking EZAir then pull up the reservation on the airline's website and you should be able to change your seats or do anything that you would have otherwise been able to do if booking directly through the airline.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pre mid 1990's - a dozen or so cruises on Princess, Carnival, etc. Rediscovered cruising in 2008 and here's our roster since then:
Carnival Freedom – 09/2008 Mediterranean
Caribbean Princess – 12/2013 New Year's Western Caribbean * 05/2014 Western Caribbean
Coral Princess – 02/2016 Panama Canal Partial Transit * 05/2016 Celebrating Retirement Mini Coastal Cruise
Diamond Princess – 01/2013 Auckland to Sydney
Emerald Princess – 12/2010 Christmas Eastern Caribbean * 10/2014 Canary Islands & Madeira * 02/2015 Western Caribbean * 10/2017 Mexican Riviera
Golden Princess – 06/2008 Alaska Inside Passage RT Seattle
Grand Princess – 05/2009 Iberian Interlude RT Southampton
Island Princess – 02/2009 Panama Canal Partial Transit
Regal Princess – 11/2016 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Princess – 10/2015 & 01/2017 Southern Caribbean Medley
Star Princess – 05/2010 Baltic / Scandinavia / Russia * 10/2011 Greek Isles Venice to Rome * 12/2012 Around the Horn Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro * 03/2013 Valparaiso to Los Angeles * 08/2015 Southbound Alaska * 08/2016 & 05/2017 Denali Explorer Land Tour + Southbound Alaska

Upcoming:
December 10, 2017 - Regal Princess - Eastern Caribbean
February 14, 2018 - Emerald Princess - San Antonio to Buenos Aires
August 14, 2018 - Grand Princess - Alaska Inside Passage from SF
October 5, 2018 - Viking Longship Mani - Amsterdam to Basel for first river cruise
Central Texas
5,649 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
The OP mentioned British Air (BA) specifically. Unless you are a tremendously frequent flyer with BA, there is a charge for early selection of seats. Doesn't matter whether you are booking direct with BA or via EZAir.

What EZAir gives you is the ability to book the class where you want your seats located.

Some US carriers (United, American, Jet Blue, Delta) allow one to reserve seats as soon as the booking is made. Few European carriers do, without extra charge.

Checked baggage is not included in EZAir pricing and will cost extra, but carry-on bags are included.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next - Royal Princess in December
29 Cruises:..Caribbean (18x), Panama (3x), Mediterranean (2x), So. America, Transatlantic (2x), Europe, Alaska, Tahiti-Hawaii
Ships:...Grand Princess (6x), Caribbean Princess (6x), Emerald Princess (5x), Sun Princess (3x), Crown Princess (2x), Island Princess, Liberty of the Seas, Pacific Princess II, Royal Princess, Ryndam (HAL), Sea Princess, Star Princess
We live on a small lake in rural Nebr.
7,306 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Sorry that this is kind of high-jacking the thread. We are using EZ air for the first time to S. America. We've only flown with American using FF miles for years--and aren't charged baggage fees. But no flights were available using miles.

Coming back home we are on United. I tried, bu tcouldn't figure out, if United charges a baggage fee for international flights.

Anyone know?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SciFi
Oakville, ON
1,980 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Nebr.cruiser
Sorry that this is kind of high-jacking the thread. We are using EZ air for the first time to S. America. We've only flown with American using FF miles for years--and aren't charged baggage fees. But no flights were available using miles.

Coming back home we are on United. I tried, bu tcouldn't figure out, if United charges a baggage fee for international flights.

Anyone know?
Did you look into baggage allowance and fees on United's website?
Try this: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...edBaggage.aspx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Island Princess - BVE on Dec 6/17 @ PE
Island Princess - 60-day Grand South America, Jan 24/18.... & .... no FCD left as we have re-booked this one as 3 separate segments and saving a bundle.
Oakville, ON
1,980 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Air Canada only allows seat selection for ticketed reservations, and since Princess doesn't do that until around 45 days out typically, if you want seats, you need to pay for the flight and ask Princess to ticket the EZ Air reservation, confirming it with AC and then you can go in and reserve a seat. Much more PITA than what folks report for several US airlines that allow seat selection immediately.

I realize I gave up ability to change or cancel flight, but I just booked with AC for a couple dollars less and got my seat selection. Price was on sale and it's not going lower, so why not?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Island Princess - BVE on Dec 6/17 @ PE
Island Princess - 60-day Grand South America, Jan 24/18.... & .... no FCD left as we have re-booked this one as 3 separate segments and saving a bundle.
Vancouver, B.C.
2,541 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
We have had a different experience with Air Canada. Booked business class one way and were able to book seats right away. This was an international flight booked months before payment was due.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises I have loved… RCL Serenade of the Seas, Caribbean, Dec/16; RCL Enchantment of the Seas, Bahamas, Nov/16; RCL Jewel of the Seas, Pacific Coastal, Sept/15; Celebrity Solstice, Hawaii-Vancouver, Apr/15; Celebrity Century, "Quest for Clamato" Alaska, June/14; Grand Princess, the line-up cruise, Vancouver-Seattle, May/14; Celebrity Century, California Coastal, Mar/14; Celebrity Solstice, America's Cup/Wine Cruise, Sept/13; Celebrity Eclipse, Southern Caribbean, Apr/13; Diamond Princess, Southbound Alaska, Aug/12; Celebrity Solstice, Western Caribbean, Mar/12; Carnival Freedom, Caribbean, Feb/12; HAL Zaandam, Coastal, May/11; Celebrity Constellation, Caribbean Feb/11; Carnival Splendor, the Powerless, Adrift-at-Sea Cruise Nov/10; Ruby Princess, Caribbean Mar/10; HAL Zaandam, Coastal Oct/09; Grand Princess, Caribbean Mar/09; Celebrity Millenium, Coastal, Sep/08; HAL Oosterdam, Coastal, Apr/08; Azamara Quest, Caribbean Feb/08; Sea Princess, Caribbean Mar/07; Carnival Spirit, Mexico, Dec/06; Celebrity Constellation, Caribbean, Oct/05; Celebrity Mercury, Mexico Mar/05; Carnival Holiday, Caribbean, Oct/04; Cunard Crew Member - “Good Times” - 1987-1989
Raleigh, N.C.
12,015 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
We flew to London on Delta in August through EZAir. Our return flight was on Virgin. We got to choose our seats immediately on the Delta flight. I had to join Virgin's frequent flyer program (free) in order to choose the seats for our return flight three days before the flight. Otherwise I would have had to wait until 24 hours before the flight. It all worked out fine. We ended up in great seats--aisle seats across from each other with no one sitting beside us in either middle seat.

International flights include a free checked bag. There's a baggage link on the EZAir that tells the different airline policies for domestic and international flights.
USA/NZ
458 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Flew BA last month in Premium Economy booked thru EZAir. No additional charges, was able to select seat within hours of booking. Fare included 2 pieces of luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Arizona
3,131 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Thanks everyone, got some great answers here.

While I was mostly concerned by getting hit with a fuel surcharge after committing hard-earned money, it seems that doesn't happen with Ez Air.

I researched the seat selection issue with BA and found that the lowest class tickets are kept from selecting seats at all (you can pay extra for the privilege though). Having some One World status will allow early seat selection. Premium, business and first class seats can be selected effectively right away.

As kiwimum pointed out, there are two free bags for Premium Economy and up. Business and first class passengers are given an extra weight allowance, up to 70 lbs, for those two bags. Really handy if you're doing an extended fire-and-ice kind of trip.

Thanks again! Y'all are great!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature