RIP - Parmesan basket with fettuccine alfredo in MDR

cruiseesusee

The Fettuccine Alfredo came in the basket on the Royal TA from October 8-22. Hope it's not being discontinued.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Interesting. We were on the same cruise and could not get the parm basket.

Waiter acted like they didn't know what I was talking about

I won't miss it. I only got it once, and the basket was soggy rather than crispy. The fettuccine itself was like Noodle Roni. I know this must not have been a standard experience, since so many here like it so much. But it's what I got.

I most certainly hope the Fettuccine Alfredo will always be available for dinner each evening. The Princess recipe is the best! (I wonder: did they adopt this delicious dish when they acquired Sitmar Cruises? Their Fettuccine Alfredo was equally good!)

Keep asking for it and have others do so also. If there is enough demand then it will be brought back. Also put it on the end of cruise survey. The basket takes just minutes to make. So it demonstrated on our last cruise be the Head Chef.

We had it (basket included) at the BVE Lunch on Regal last Saturday [October 22, 2016] as Regal was about to head to Canada [embarking passengers were also eligible for that lunch] -- so it was certainly not discontinued at the end of the Baltics season.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

I thought I was getting the basket type when I ordered the fettucine on my last cruise. But it was just the noodles. Someone said I needed to order it as an entree or an appetizer, or something like that.

Does anyone have the recipe...maybe I can make it at home for myself?

Is this it? http://www.food.com/recipe/princess-cruises-fettuccine-alfredo-472117

Edited by Cruisin' Chick
adding a recipe I found online

We had it (basket included) at the BVE Lunch on Regal last Saturday [October 22, 2016] as Regal was about to head to Canada [embarking passengers were also eligible for that lunch] -- so it was certainly not discontinued at the end of the Baltics season.

And I ordered it for dinner on Regal on 10/22 and no Parmesan basket. Turned what used to be a nicely presented dish into just some fettuccine alfredo plopped in a bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fettuccine Alfredo came in the basket on the Royal TA from October 8-22. Hope it's not being discontinued.

Things tend to operate a little differently from ship to ship. I'll believe it when Princess makes an official announcement.

On Regal right now and waiters say it disappeared/ended at the end of the Baltics cruise so it was cut before the Canada cruise season. Sad because it was my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very sad! DH is now even happier that he had it almost every night on our 25 day Baltic/TA last month.

I'll also miss it as it was one of my favorites. My understanding was the cheese basket came only if you ordered the fettuccuine alfredo as an entrée, it wasn't include as an appetizer

In our case it was ordered as an Appetizer at lunch. The bowl really made the dish -- would not order it without.

I'll also miss it as it was one of my favorites. My understanding was the cheese basket came only if you ordered the fettuccuine alfredo as an entrée, it wasn't include as an appetizer

Got it twice when ordered as an appetizer in June; did not when ordered as an appetizer last Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That completely sucks!!! It is Soooo delicious!! The kids love it, I love it. We do it at least once each cruise. I'd do it more if I was more of a glutton, or if I knew it was going away,

Maybe we can ask the head waiter for it and it will just be something else to tip for? Hopeful on that end!