How crowded will my room be?

GoofyCdn

We are sailing on the Serenade of the Seas in room 8004. The RCL site shows it to be an outside room that has the two twin beds and a sleeper sofa. Does anyone know how crowded is the room when the sleeper sofa is out? Our daughter will be sleeping on it and I'm worried there won't be much room to get around it to the bathroom at night.

You will have 169 sq. ft....and that includes bathroom space. When the sofa is open, there won't be tons of "floor space"...but they will put the bed away each day, and open it again for sleep. If she's small enough, perhaps she won't even NEED the bed pulled out...she might be ok on just the sofa!

You may want to bring one of those battery operated "candles"...and leave it in the bathroom with the door open, so you can see your way!

Thanks. My wife gets up to use the bathroom a few times at night and wondering how it's going to be for her to walk around the sofa bed. I will look into a battery operated candle of some kind. That's a great idea.

Thanks. My wife gets up to use the bathroom a few times at night and wondering how it's going to be for her to walk around the sofa bed. I will look into a battery operated candle of some kind. That's a great idea.

You can get them very very cheaply on Amazon.

We are sailing on the Serenade of the Seas in room 8004. The RCL site shows it to be an outside room that has the two twin beds and a sleeper sofa. Does anyone know how crowded is the room when the sleeper sofa is out? Our daughter will be sleeping on it and I'm worried there won't be much room to get around it to the bathroom at night.

Don't bring excessive "stuff". Also be tidy about belongings. I think you would be less cramped feeling if the beds are together. You will be just fine.

How old is your daughter? Our daughter has always slept on the sofa beds unfolded. She's turning 5 in a week. We push the chair in the room up along side the sofa to keep her and her bears from falling out. The beds on Harmony last week were perfectly designed for this as the sofa back removes to make it wider. But even on the Allure with the back staying on she had room.

Ken, is right there is no balcony in this cabin, but because there is no balcony the cabin is an extra 4 or 5 ft longer.

Here is a video of the same size cabin on Brilliance of the Seas but on the starboard side of the ship, layout should be pretty much the same as you are going to find on Seranade of the Seas.

Jimbo:)

Just be very careful at night. My friend just went on a cruise last week. On the third day, she tripped over the sofa, broke her arm in two places, dislocated her hand and had to fly home from the next port. Undergoing surgery today.

How old is your daughter? Our daughter has always slept on the sofa beds unfolded. She's turning 5 in a week. We push the chair in the room up along side the sofa to keep her and her bears from falling out. The beds on Harmony last week were perfectly designed for this as the sofa back removes to make it wider. But even on the Allure with the back staying on she had room.

She'll be 16 at the time, but she's a tiny thing. Don't think she can sleep on it folded up though.

Ken, is right there is no balcony in this cabin, but because there is no balcony the cabin is an extra 4 or 5 ft longer.

Here is a video of the same size cabin on Brilliance of the Seas but on the starboard side of the ship, layout should be pretty much the same as you are going to find on Seranade of the Seas.

Jimbo:)

Thanks, I think this gives me a good idea of what I'll be up against!

Just be very careful at night. My friend just went on a cruise last week. On the third day, she tripped over the sofa, broke her arm in two places, dislocated her hand and had to fly home from the next port. Undergoing surgery today.

Wow sorry to hear that. Good reminder why we always travel with flashlights. In fact we take GOOD flashlights. Low mode to navigate the room at night, high mode that would illuminate half the ship in an emergency :)

Thanks, I think this gives me a good idea of what I'll be up against!

I have seen pics somewhere of people even asking their cabin stewards to move that love seat so the back of the love seat is about 2ft from the the end of the regular bed and move it against the wall and then openit up toward the bathroom, and this allows plenty of room for both people to get out of the regular bed to get around and by the sofa sleeper to use the bathroom as well as the person in the sleeper sofa to get up.

Should be plenty of room in that cabin to do that.

Jimbo