Would this dress be appropriate for formal night?

Hi everyone. I am going on my first cruise in January and it’s a Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas ship. I’m not really sure what to expect from formal night, but I definitely don’t want to look dumb in something that isn’t appropriate for the occasion. The picture was too large to put as an attachment, so here is the link to the picture of the dress.

https://cdn1.thehunt.com/app/public/system/note_images/12394396/note_view/e0059d5dd72d6b554b1f1b16c52c183d.jpeg

Couldnt see the link for some reason but no matter. Formal nights aren't what they used to be and you'll see just about everything on formal nights. The important thing is to wear what makes you happy, it's your vacation after all.

Hi everyone. I am going on my first cruise in January and it’s a Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas ship. I’m not really sure what to expect from formal night, but I definitely don’t want to look dumb in something that isn’t appropriate for the occasion. The picture was too large to put as an attachment, so here is the link to the picture of the dress.

https://cdn1.thehunt.com/app/public/system/note_images/12394396/note_view/e0059d5dd72d6b554b1f1b16c52c183d.jpeg

Well, I can see it and you will look stunning and very appropriate in it. Bon Voyage!

It looks like a very nice dress. Don't overthink it. I didn't know any better and I wore swim trunks and flip-flips on formal night on my first cruise. Thankfully there were no dress-code ****s at my table and we just looked at it for what it really was... ignorance on my part... and our food still tasted delicious! :)

Edited by Scottee25
typo

Lovely!

I range between cocktail dresses and more semi-formal dresses for formal nights, and wear other dresses or separates for the other nights.

Most people at least dress on the country club casual or resort casual levels on formal nights. I don't think I've ever seen swim trunks in the MDR on formal night.

We saw some people turned away on our last cruise for sleeveless shirts and ball caps.

Welcome to CC on a ship you can never over dress traditionally there were class !st , 2nd 3rd and steerage . Now they let anyone into the MDR so you see red carpet to SSS (shorts socks sandals ) You will look stunning :)

Mandatory formal attire ended in 2013 .

First of all, DUH! Yes this dress is ABSOLUTELY APPROPRIATE! And I’m not being biased because I shop 95% of the time from, ASOS! Check out Missguided too! You won’t be disappointed. But I would wear this any other night. Formal is typically right at or below the knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums