Any recourse for overpaying?

to91362

Are you past final payment? If not, call NCL to cancel & rebook. You will only get whatever promos are currently offered, so if you booked under some cool offers, weigh the cost of those against whatever is being offered now.

If you're past final payment, then no, there's no recourse. It happens pretty often.

Are you past final payment? If not, call NCL to cancel & rebook. You will only get whatever promos are currently offered, so if you booked under some cool offers, weigh the cost of those against whatever is being offered now.

If you're past final payment, then no, there's no recourse. It happens pretty often.

Per above .... Have you already made your FINAL payment?

If not, you need to call your travel agent quickly.

I just noticed that the NCL cabin we booked six weeks ago is now 20% cheaper. Is there anyway to benefit from this price reduction?

If you are within 90 days of sailing (ie., you are past final payment date) you can call NCL and see if it is possible to move to a higher category cabin. If you have not reached final payment you can call NCL and get a price reduction. In spite of what people say you do not need to cancel and rebook.

You did not overpay. You paid to a price you agreed to. If the price went up would you send NCL more money now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct. They are having a fire sale on their remaining cabin. This happens often. Some people wait and try to get them. Others know they do not always go down. Sometimes they go up, and sometimes they are sold out.

You did not overpay. You paid to a price you agreed to. If the price went up would you send NCL more money now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

exactly: what would you want NCL to do if the price went up, charge you more? How about air fare, do airlines give you a rebate if rates go down? There is a slim chance you might be able to get a small OBC but most likely, seeing you booked just a few weeks ago, you are not going to get any rebate. This is why it isn't always a good thing to check prices after final payment date. You were happy with the price you paid, let it go.

There were a couple of times before final payment that the price on our cabin went down. NCL was very good at re-pricing our cabin without us losing our cabin. If our cabin dropped in price after final payment I would just accept that they are trying to fill up the ship. The way I look at it is that it is similar to all the bathing suits going on sale at our local department store at the end of the summer. They are just doing what they need to do to stay in business. I have heard of people getting a small OBC in your situation but they are not obligated to do that.Give them a call.

No....you didn't overpay. Now is a different circumstance. They are dropping prices to fill the ship because they still have capacity. Many times all that is left at this point is less desirable cabins and they know short term flights are more expensive so if they want to sell full they must drop the price. On other occasions the price goes up because the ship is near capacity and the don't expect you to send them more money than what you paid.

exactly: what would you want NCL to do if the price went up, charge you more? How about air fare, do airlines give you a rebate if rates go down? There is a slim chance you might be able to get a small OBC but most likely, seeing you booked just a few weeks ago, you are not going to get any rebate. This is why it isn't always a good thing to check prices after final payment date. You were happy with the price you paid, let it go.

Yes Southwest gives you credit if airfare drops and you catch it. Its good for 1 year from the original booking date

The other thing is there is a lower price for a guarantee vs picking your cabin. On some cruises the cabin location is not that big of a deal, other times it is more important. The choose your cabin vs guarantee has a price difference. I am more than willing to book early and pick the cabin I want. To be able to get my cabin repriced is great.

However the cruise line is probably trying to sell the less desirable cabins, they can only have so many different classes of cabins, but there are ones that are less desirable and smart cruisers do not pick them. So they have to lower the price to have them sell.

I do transatlantics and we spend a fair amount of time in our cabin. If they offered me a starboard (shady) side cabin for $500.00 less per cabin I would say no thanks and that is why I would not take a GTY on a TA.

Other people are less cabin centric, so your cabin is not on sale the less desirable much like the leftover bathing suits or other clothes that no one wanted. Price gets low enough then someone will buy it.

Think about a restaurant that had 2 prices:

Normal chef food will be replaced if not right.

Chef in training if dish is wrong sorry no returns or exchanges. But the food was half price, which would you pick?

I just noticed that the NCL cabin we booked six weeks ago is now 20% cheaper. Is there anyway to benefit from this price reduction?

As others have said, this is very common, although prices usually go up, not down. But, don't let it affect your cruise. As mentioned, these last minute price reductions are just fire sales to book any remaining cabins. If...if..your schedule is so flexible that you can wait and do last minute bookings, then you can occasionally grab a better deal, maybe...but frequently not. But, if you have to fly to the port, last minute airline prices will be very high. Also, the choice of cabins will be very limited and previous promos may not be available. I know all of this has been said already. However, just don't want you to be disappointed and have it affect your cruise. This happens to all of us with many of our booked cruises.

As others have said, this is very common, although prices usually go up, not down. But, don't let it affect your cruise. As mentioned, these last minute price reductions are just fire sales to book any remaining cabins. If...if..your schedule is so flexible that you can wait and do last minute bookings, then you can occasionally grab a better deal, maybe...but frequently not. But, if you have to fly to the port, last minute airline prices will be very high. Also, the choice of cabins will be very limited and previous promos may not be available. I know all of this has been said already. However, just don't want you to be disappointed and have it affect your cruise. This happens to all of us with many of our booked cruises.

There actually are a lot of last minute opportunities. I am very successful taking advantage of them. BUT- you HAVE to be accepting of not going and it's essential you are extremely flexible. I have booked late afternoon and left the next morning. I'm efficient at arranging my transportation and have quick packing methods. I'm fortunate, I cruise- at least every month. Extremely easy for me to do.

Alternatively- I know it is not common, but there are others, who do the same thing. I'm not unique. Depends what is best for YOU, the only thing that matters. As mentioned, it's a mistake- if you are going to get annoyed/upset at price drops, to look up cruises you have already purchased.

I have so many cruises that I can select in December- it's daunting. :) Itinerary is the only feature I care about. I am one who has no cabin preferences and want the lowest prices. So- I'll "dispute" the "smart" cruiser reference above.

Yes Southwest gives you credit if airfare drops and you catch it. Its good for 1 year from the original booking date

Alaska Airlines also gives credits for price drops in the form of credit for a future flight.

NCL has given me extra obc and or bumped me up to a better stateroom after final payment for price drop. I used their price gt a few years ago. It was very easy. Not sure if they still have it.

There were a couple of times before final payment that the price on our cabin went down. NCL was very good at re-pricing our cabin without us losing our cabin. If our cabin dropped in price after final payment I would just accept that they are trying to fill up the ship. The way I look at it is that it is similar to all the bathing suits going on sale at our local department store at the end of the summer. They are just doing what they need to do to stay in business. I have heard of people getting a small OBC in your situation but they are not obligated to do that.Give them a call.

Yes, once in awhile the cruise lines will offer an OBC but in this case as they booked after final payment I doubt they will get anything. This is why we rarely check after that magic date: FPD