Keeping track of our shipboard charges

stjlo

We will be on the Emerald to Alaska in July. Is there a way to check what charges have been made to your stateroom on a daily basis? I have 2 cabins booked (one for myself and husband) and one for my kids (ages 21 and 15). I want to be able to monitor what we are charging throughout the cruise. I'd prefer to do this in cabin rather than going to a desk somewhere on the ship. Is this possible? Thank you for your help.

Yes, it's very easy to monitor your shipboard account through the Princess at Sea application available onboard. It's free and you don't need to have an internet package to use it. Suggest you ask at the internet cafe on boarding for help getting set up and accessing it if you're hesitant to do it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it's very easy to monitor your shipboard account through the Princess at Sea application available onboard. It's free and you don't need to have an internet package to use it. Suggest you ask at the internet cafe on boarding for help getting set up and accessing it if you're hesitant to do it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We found that works great on the app. For passengers who don't/won't use the app there are also self serve kiosks at the Passenger Services desk where they can run off a hard copy of their account whenever they want.

If you have a smart phone, the best tool is the free web site. Set your phone on airplane mode and turn the WiFi. Then go to emerald.princess.com on your web browser. It will ask you to create a login and password. Once that is completed you can view your folio at any time. Charges are all done by computer so they show up immediately. You can view your total charges as well as charges by each individual on your account.

Another advantage of the app is the daily schedule which gives the time and location for the different activities that day making it not necessary to carry around the Patter plus it allows you to personalize the events with what you want to do. You can also text anyone who has a smart phone set up for the website. The only down side is that it does not alert you when a message arrives so you have to actually check the queue.

The app princess@sea no longer exists.

As already mentioned there are two kiosks near the PSD where you can get a printout of your folio by swiping your sea card.

Edited by satxdiver

If you travel with a smart phone, laptop or tablet you can load the Princess @ Sea App. If not use the kiosks by the passenger service desk where you get a print out. You can also check on the PC's at the internet cafe.

If my memory serves me correctly, the kiosk will print out information based on the credit card tied to the keycard.

For instance, we use my credit card and when I swipe, I get both my husband's and my statements. When my husband swipes, he only gets his.

As for the information on a phone, I found it only showed my charges. I had to log into my husband's account to get his charges. Am I doing something wrong? Would love to be able to see information on both accounts without having to log in twice.

We will be on the Emerald to Alaska in July. Is there a way to check what charges have been made to your stateroom on a daily basis? I have 2 cabins booked (one for myself and husband) and one for my kids (ages 21 and 15). I want to be able to monitor what we are charging throughout the cruise. I'd prefer to do this in cabin rather than going to a desk somewhere on the ship. Is this possible? Thank you for your help.

As mentioned a smart phone/kiosk by the passenger services desk/or go to the desk and ask.

Nothing on the TV in the room.

If my memory serves me correctly, the kiosk will print out information based on the credit card tied to the keycard.

For instance, we use my credit card and when I swipe, I get both my husband's and my statements. When my husband swipes, he only gets his.

As for the information on a phone, I found it only showed my charges. I had to log into my husband's account to get his charges. Am I doing something wrong? Would love to be able to see information on both accounts without having to log in twice.

We've always had to print each folio separately, too. But your post reminded me that last month on the Star I got both of our folios using only my cruise card. Actually, that shouldn't happen. For example, what if he had bought a gift for me, and I printed the folio before he gave it to me?

We have found that the person whose name is first on the reservation is the one who can see the spending for both people in the cabin. We now book with my name as primary because I want to be able to check both DH and my spending on my iPhone, simply because I'm more attentive to it. I'm not certain how it will work with an adult child in another cabin. Even at the kiosks, my experience is the primary person receives print outs of the spending for all cabin occupants and the secondary sees only his own spending.

Have others found the same thing?

Interesting because it is DH who is the primary on the booking but my credit card. And I can swipe and see both folios but he can only see his.

That may be the secret. In our case, the credit card is in DH's name and when he is primary I can see only my own spending. Perhaps he could be secondary and see both of our spending because it's his credit card.

We found that works great on the app. For passengers who don't/won't use the app there are also self serve kiosks at the Passenger Services desk where they can run off a hard copy of their account whenever they want.

Yes, because of limited eyesight (Legally Blind with only 10% vision) I do not use a touch screen phone as the screen is far too small for me to see clearly, even a TabletPC is a challenge, so the Self Service Kiosk was a great help on the Golden Princess. I was very close to my planned On Board Spend, and learnt heaps of useful tips so I'm better prepared for October 2018, and possibly-if the budget allows-April 2019.Enjoy your cruise.

...I want to be able to monitor what we are charging throughout the cruise. I'd prefer to do this in cabin rather than going to a desk somewhere on the ship. Is this possible? Thank you for your help.

I agree and it's nice that RCI and Celebrity has that option on the cabin TVs.

I agree and it's nice that RCI and Celebrity has that option on the cabin TVs.

That option will be on medallion class cruises. Also believe the option is currently available on the Royal & Regal, but have never tried it. On the other lines you mention is it every ship or just the newer ships?

That option will be on medallion class cruises. Also believe the option is currently available on the Royal & Regal, but have never tried it. On the other lines you mention is it every ship or just the newer ships?

The option (interactive TV) has been on all the RCI and Celebrity ships we've sailed on. Based on other CC posters comments on the RC and Celebrity forums that have cruised on some of the ships or classes of ships we haven't cruised on I would venture to say the TV option (interactive TV) for reviewing your onboard ship account is on all of RCIs and Celebrity's class ships.

What we do is, hold onto ALL receipts that were signed: Drinks/specialty rest/excursions/ship board purchases, etc. We then will go to guest services & get a detailed sheet of all purchases. Some ships, there is an interactive display on the TV(not always updated as it should be)We still go to the guest services desk. There ARE plenty of times it's NOT busy. Just be observant of those times. We then compare off on our receipts v/s the printed page. Normally we catch very little. Most of the time it matches pretty well. The biggest mess is when you both have your own card & the boneheads mess up who has what card. This happens a lot with us.

That may be the secret. In our case, the credit card is in DH's name and when he is primary I can see only my own spending. Perhaps he could be secondary and see both of our spending because it's his credit card.

Yes, it definitely depends on the credit card(s) used. When my sisters and I cruised together (two separate cruises, one with each sister), we were only able to see our own accounts since we each had a credit card registered with the purser's office.

As others have mentioned the Emerald Princess intranet website will show charges linked to the one credit card.

Be mindful, though, that sometimes it can show interim activity that might cause concern. For instance, one cruise we had a change in the port order. The intranet site showed all our Princess excursions being cancelled and it was many hours before the excursions with the new date reappeared. I panicked with the cancellation and no activity for several hours. The printouts from the machine by the Purser's desk showed none of this activity.

I understand being concerned about the budget, and also found, after several cruises, that saving receipts, balancing receipts vs. charges as we went along affected my enjoyment of the cruise. Since then I will look at the charges only briefly to insure that we don't have somebody else's charge showing up. I will also mentally keep tabs on purchases like drinks.

The other thing to be aware of is that some charges will look "odd". For instance a can of soda obtained from a waiter in the Horizon Court buffet may appear billed from a bar that none of you have set foot in.

My advice is to set reasonable limits for your family and then don't stress over details. That could help you to relax and enjoy the cruise experience.

I was able to see both our accounts on my phone on both cruises we did last year - on Golden in April, and Sun in August. I was the primary on the booking and used my credit card on the account.

When I went to the Accounts section it showed both our names and I could choose either. I didn't have to log in to his account, just select it.

I was able to see both our accounts on my phone on both cruises we did last year - on Golden in April, and Sun in August. I was the primary on the booking and used my credit card on the account.

When I went to the Accounts section it showed both our names and I could choose either. I didn't have to log in to his account, just select it.

Interesting. When I went to Accounts on the Island it showed both names but only mine was clickable. I had to create and sign into my husband's account to get his info.

I am curious as to how the accounts look when using the AIBP. Normally all drinks are listed on the folio. Are they listed with the AIBP or is it handled differently since there is no additional charge?

I am curious as to how the accounts look when using the AIBP. Normally all drinks are listed on the folio. Are they listed with the AIBP or is it handled differently since there is no additional charge?

On my trans-Atlantic on the Caribbean Princess last September, there were no charges listed on my folio.

However, they were using the sticker then to identify people with the AIBP. This may be changing as they go away from the sticker to a more automated process.