Sip and sail Nightmare

ALFLAFA

I am not thinking that it sounds like their booking was changed to 3-for-free???

OP, can you tell us what the current booking looks like.

Is it a different booking number.

Does it reflect the OBC and Free Gratuities that are supposed to come with three for free?

Did you say that the OBC that was there actually disappeared?

Hard lesson to learn I enjoy giving a TA the Business but after today’s phone calls I must say I feel I need to change direction and book direct with the Cruise Line .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will read many rave reviews here how TA's will give you thousands of dollars in discounts and OBC and go to bat for you when a problem like this occurs. My experience has been like yours. I always book my own cruise and swing the bat for myself. I never have an issue, don't have to play phone/email tag with a TA and am always able to call a get the lower price should the price drop. Nobody cares more about me than me.

I’m so glad this is done [emoji736][emoji2]

I was just doing my check in and saw

It wasn’t there good thing we wound not have been happy getting on and finding out! [emoji52]

All is good!!

They also are putting $ 80.00 back on our CC [emoji847][emoji122][emoji122]

Just to change the subject a bit, I saw postings that Princess had changed their S'n'S AIBP to the new package name. I checked our next several bookings under the S'n'S program and all list the AIBP in the personalizer section Onboard Reservations. That includes cruise in 2019. So I am wondering why some evidently changed on their personalizer and ours did not. I do keep printouts though in case something goes wrong.

Just to change the subject a bit, I saw postings that Princess had changed their S'n'S AIBP to the new package name. I checked our next several bookings under the S'n'S program and all list the AIBP in the personalizer section Onboard Reservations. That includes cruise in 2019. So I am wondering why some evidently changed on their personalizer and ours did not. I do keep printouts though in case something goes wrong.

Same for me.

I had two bookings under the original sip n sail promo. One has changed to Premium Beverage Package. One still has All Inclusive Beverage Package. Very odd!

You will read many rave reviews here how TA's will give you thousands of dollars in discounts and OBC and go to bat for you when a problem like this occurs. My experience has been like yours. I always book my own cruise and swing the bat for myself. I never have an issue, don't have to play phone/email tag with a TA and am always able to call a get the lower price should the price drop. Nobody cares more about me than me.

Those "rave reviews" are true. My TA give a discount of 10% off Princess published fares. My TA answers the phone promptly and I don't wait for half an hour on the phone. I also get all the price drops. You're wasting money.

The TA resolved this issue we have the Sip and sail back and Princess let us keep the $200.00 lower booking price .

Good news and thanks for letting us know it got resolved. People make mistakes and since you have used this TA for a few years with no problems, don't assume you won't have issues if you book directly with Princess. Things happen. And your TA came through and fixed it. There is still way more positives to using a TA than booking directly so don't let others make you change unless you really feel that you will get better service by booking directly. There are plenty of negative stories of those booking directly.

Had problems like this on the Regal last week. Kept getting asked if we had the Premier Package and got funny looks from some staff when we said NO that we had the All Inclusive Beverage Package. Seemed like we were talking Greek to many. All worked out in the end as there were no bar charges on our final payment sheet.

I would have a conference call including yourselves, your TA, and a supervisor in the Princess customer service department. All parties have to address this at the same time so there is no he said, she said. Your TA should do it from his/her office. This can be fixed easily it is getting the right party off of their behind to do it. Good luck. I would be interested in hearing how it all works out. In any case do not let it ruin your trip.

Glad it worked out for you and the TA made it right which is exactly what should have happened. The TA should have told you at final payment that the current fares were less HOWEVER to pay the lower amount you would be losing the perks you initially signed up for and asked what you wanted to do. That's what our TA would have done and hopefully your's will in the future too given what happened here.

The TA resolved this issue we have the Sip and sail back and Princess let us keep the $200.00 lower booking price .

So glad that it all worked out. Persistence does pay off. :)

Those "rave reviews" are true. My TA give a discount of 10% off Princess published fares. My TA answers the phone promptly and I don't wait for half an hour on the phone. I also get all the price drops. You're wasting money.

Since we can't discuss TA on this site it's a moot point.

Since we can't discuss TA on this site it's a moot point.

Not true. The person the previous poster was quoting was making a blanket statement against TA’s. My family has used a TA for decades, there are wonderful ones out there.

I also concur, I get fares below published rates, extra OBC as well as extra perks. They respond to emails and phone calls quickly and even on weekends. I will always book using a TA. YMMV.

We're doing a Med Cruise on the Crown next April and got the AIBP under SnS promotion -- and it's still listed as such on our Personalizer. I suppose it'll get changed at some point as long as it's not dropped. :rolleyes:

Not true. The person the previous poster was quoting was making a blanket statement against TA’s. My family has used a TA for decades, there are wonderful ones out there.

I also concur, I get fares below published rates, extra OBC as well as extra perks. They respond to emails and phone calls quickly and even on weekends. I will always book using a TA. YMMV.

I do not dispute that there are good TA's out there unfortunately I have had some terrible experiences with some TA's. Because of that I book directly whenever I can. My biggest complaint is that I don't feel many TA's work in the clients best interest. They do not stay attuned to trends and just put the unwitting client into things that privately get the TA perks or is easy for them despite the clients wishes. From the raves on Cruise Critics for TA's I know this is not always the case it has just been my case. I have always had to follow up or contact the cruise line or hotel privately only to find out I could have gotten what I asked for and not gotten through the TA. Somebody tell me what kind of service you get that makes TA's a no brainer. Thanks

I know the problem was resolved which is awesome for you folks. I hope you have an excellent trip. What the learning moment is HOW did the problem occur? Did the TA drop the ball, Princess, Clients? I would be interested so I do not get into the same circumstance. Thanks

We used to book directly with the cruise line. We booked everything (Air, pre cruise extension, transfers and cruise) directly with Viking. We were left stranded at Brussels airport with no transport to another city in Belgium, PLUS our luggage was left on the plane due to a labor dispute. We had NOBODY to call for help. I spent our first 2 days on the telephone trying to sort out how will we get our luggage. I had to hire a taxi to take me 120 miles round trip to collect our luggage two days later. Never really got to tour the Belgium countryside. Nobody at Viking lifted a finger to help us out even though we paid them for all transfers.

My point is if I had used a TA I would have known who to call for help. I always use a TA now.

I do not dispute that there are good TA's out there unfortunately I have had some terrible experiences with some TA's. Because of that I book directly whenever I can. My biggest complaint is that I don't feel many TA's work in the clients best interest. They do not stay attuned to trends and just put the unwitting client into things that privately get the TA perks or is easy for them despite the clients wishes. From the raves on Cruise Critics for TA's I know this is not always the case it has just been my case. I have always had to follow up or contact the cruise line or hotel privately only to find out I could have gotten what I asked for and not gotten through the TA. Somebody tell me what kind of service you get that makes TA's a no brainer. Thanks

My TA cruises an immense amount and is an expert on cruising. She responds to my emails within 12 hours, even when she is herself cruising. She is constantly hunting for the best deals, calls me when a rebook would save money and makes great recommendations.

Plus, she saves me LOTS of time. I am thinking about a cruise, I shoot her a three line email, get back options and pricing, tell her we are in and before I could even search through a website, I am booked and on my way.

Could I do it myself? Sure, but my TA saves me time and hassle and I like that a lot.

What a nightmare!! I constantly look at our bookings on Princess. In fact out Sip N Sail did not show up on two bookings, but it was on my confirmation so I made sure it was addressed as soon as I noticed, it took a call to Princess and I was told it's there, but not visible to me (for some reason). They (Princess) provided a document that stated we had it.

While I enjoy the MINIMAL OBC a TA can provide, I do prefer booking direct with Princess so they can assist me immediately when I have a concern.

Difficult lesson to learn, but hopefully you can get the TA to do a call with you and Princess to find out WHEN the change was made, by who, etc.

Good luck and if you end up with good news, please let us know,

We never have MINIMAL OBC when using a TA. It's usually pretty sizable. I prefer booking with a TA because I have one person I can talk to each and every time I need to have something done, where that's not the case when booking with the cruise line. You get to a call center and a different person every time.

To the OP, this is something you should really be aiming at your TA. This is definitely an issue on their end. Someone has to have records, and you have a right to see any notes pertaining to your booking.