Please Keep Your Dishes Inside

Some of these people won't be happy until they have a nametag and a cart. Royal could sell virtual reality experiences for a modest fee. He's a cart and a couple bus trays, that's only $49 + 18% gratuity, but you get the behind the scenes housekeeping tour FREE

This made me LOL. 😂

Some of these people won't be happy until they have a nametag and a cart. Royal could sell virtual reality experiences for a modest fee. He's a cart and a couple bus trays, that's only $49 + 18% gratuity, but you get the behind the scenes housekeeping tour FREE

Finger wagging and sucking teeth included? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Returned three weeks ago from Royal Caribbean’s Independence Of The Seas fourteen day Canary Islands voyage from Southampton. During the entire cruise this was the first time that I didn’t see trays full of dirty dishes littering the hallways. I could be wrong but I think that since Royal Caribbean started a service charge for room service most passengers have cut back on ordering room service. I also noticed that the room service menu was removed from the cabins. The only item my wife would order occasionally was coffee when we had an early shore excursion.

On my last couple of cruises I have been told directly by the person confirming drop off (they call before they bring your food) to leave the tray in the cabin and call room service back so they can pick it up or the room steward will remove it when they clean.

I'll admit I used to think I was supposed to leave the tray in the hall way until I noticed I didn't really see trays outside except mine. I asked about it and was told I could leave it in the cabin and the room steward would remove it.

I have asked many cabin stewards what to do with the dirty dishes and was always told they would take care of it when they cleaned the cabin. I have never come back to dirty dishes still sitting on the desk. You have to empty the glasses in the sink or they won't take those. They don't want to be accused of taking your drink that you were saving for later. Same with the food plates crumble the napkin on top so that it is clear that you are finished eating it.

Yes, we have asked as well and been told the same thing. So, we always place everything on the tray, leave it in the stateroom, and it is always taken care of.

If RC had crew monitoring hallway security cameras 24/7 they could call RS the second a tray was placed on the hallway floor. ;)

Oh, you are so bad!

I've been away from CC for a few days; I'm doing my catch-up scrolling. I haven't seen that thread yet; locked?

We only put our dishes in the hallway when we have an inside stateroom. When we have a balcony, we toss them over the side like normal people.

JB

Ok I want to buy you a cocktail on your next cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only put our dishes in the hallway when we have an inside stateroom. When we have a balcony, we toss them over the side like normal people.

JB

I miss days of Skeet Shooting off back of Royal ships. Get with me, you can throw plates and I'll hit them...

Have always left them inside the cabin. When we get back to the room....gone.

I have seen on several occasions just what has been stated earlier , where someone has hit the plate or tray and food is scattered around and ground into the carpet for all to enjoy. Real nice.

I think after walking down a few hallways, and seeing half eaten food sitting around the floor that this is not the thing to do.

I have seen on several occasions just what has been stated earlier , where someone has hit the plate or tray and food is scattered around and ground into the carpet for all to enjoy. Real nice.

Seriously. It's so pathetic that someone walking down the hall can't be bothered to keep their eyes open. I don't want my remnants kicked around and smeared on the carpet. I put them neatly on the tray in the hallway so they could be picked up!

Why can't there be a common area such as a trolley where trays can be placed and staff can remove the trolley every hour? I wish there was more areas where we could put our trays and old food items in the common areas on the ship. Keep things nice and clean. I know it's the staffs job but I still like to do the right thing whilst on holiday. They work very hard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never seen people accidentally kick plates unless they're very drunk or being obnoxious.

Here we go again - the Deluxe Drink Package gets blamed for everything around here. :rolleyes:;p