Elite Plus

bunnybee

First time coming up as an Elite Plus. Free cappuccino and tea. Will the various dining venues know not to charge me? Is there any chance that bottled water is included (wishing)?

First time not buying the premium n/a package. I will drink tap if I have to!

Thanks in advance for the answers, as I am too lazy to call the Captain's Club.

Your Sea Pass will say Elite Plus on the front. That way, those who serve espresso and cappuccino will know not to charge you.
Agree, they should know. But we find that every now and then one of them will charge us anyway, even though they don't give us anything to sign.

So it is a good idea to check your onboard account on your stateroom TV every day or two.

If you find an erroneous charge, it is no big deal.

Just pick up the phone, call Guest Relations, and they will take it right off.

We've been Elite Plus for our last 4 cruises. The perks for Elite Plus are very disappointing. If you think about it, Elite Plus is 2 1/2 (750) times the points of Elite (300) & we see the main difference the 240 minutes internet (instead of 90) and the extra bag of laundry. If you choose the unlimited WiFi as a perk that difference is meaningless plus we've cruised enough to know where free WiFi is in every port. On a 7 night cruise - 4 bags of laundry - really?? Like my husband says - to make that worth anything, we'd have to bring dirty clothes from home. Most the discounts you can get in other ways with specials, or pre-booking... For us, a real disappointment.

We've been Elite Plus for our last 4 cruises. The perks for Elite Plus are very disappointing. If you think about it, Elite Plus is 2 1/2 (750) times the points of Elite (300) & we see the main difference the 240 minutes internet (instead of 90) and the extra bag of laundry. If you choose the unlimited WiFi as a perk that difference is meaningless plus we've cruised enough to know where free WiFi is in every port. On a 7 night cruise - 4 bags of laundry - really?? Like my husband says - to make that worth anything, we'd have to bring dirty clothes from home. Most the discounts you can get in other ways with specials, or pre-booking... For us, a real disappointment.

I’m just thankful that we get the perks.

Since Celebrity added the Elite Plus relatively recently without taking away benefits from the Elite Level, I was not disappointed. The 15% discount for the speciality dining is nice especially for Murano’s. You can usually get a discount on the others on board.

The BBB bundle pricing and previous 123 programs have offset a lot of the loyalty beneifits.

I’m just thankful that we get the perks.

I could not agree more.

We book balcony cabins, not suites. I too appreciate the perks of Elite Plus. My favourites are complimentary lattes/coffees/teas, 240 WI-FI minutes each, and the laundry bags that are otherwise $50. As a Canadian resident, with the sad change rate, these perks really add up. A cappuccino is over $8 CDN. As I understand it there is no gratuity to the server in Bacio when getting the comped drink, we always tip $1 per drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes Elite Plus is nice, but Celebrity should also include a specialty dinner.

You get that as Zenith, but I wouldn’t expect it as Elite Plus. There are many cruisers who are Elite Plus and aside from Celebrity making a hole in their revenue it would make it much more difficult for paying guests to book the time they want.

Phil

We book balcony cabins, not suites. I too appreciate the perks of Elite Plus. My favourites are complimentary lattes/coffees/teas, 240 WI-FI minutes each, and the laundry bags that are otherwise $50. As a Canadian resident, with the sad change rate, these perks really add up. A cappuccino is over $8 CDN. As I understand it there is no gratuity to the server in Bacio when getting the comped drink, we always tip $1 per drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My feelings exactly. We choose to cruise several times a year, often B2B, so the laundry is appreciated. We would not get value from a beverage package, so with happy hour drinks and free cappuccinos our bar bill is very low.

I can understand how someone on a seven day cruise with a beverage package would not need these items, but for us they, together with the extra internet minutes, add up to significant savings.

We love Elite Plus and see most all of them as an assist to enjoying cruising. With both of us, we get lots of free laundry (yes, don’t need it for 7-day, but do for all those others), and 240min Wi-Fi is great. And you do get a discount if you want unlimited. Tried that on our last cruise and it was very handy. We aren’t internet junikies but it was very handy not worrying about timing it all. And on short cruises, with both having 240min, that’s a lot.

Love the free speciaity coffees. In fact, I find myself spending time sipping away! And of course happy hour.

Yup, would love Celebrity to add a new level between Elite Plus and Zenith. At what level? Let me look at my currrent points and I’ll suggest that be the new Elite Plus-Plus or Eliter or Elitister or Most Elite or how about Supreme Elite.

Den

I would love it if the n/a beverage package was part of the deal! I really would love not to pay for or haul bottled water. A little bit afraid of the ships "tap" water. It seems natural that if the cappuccinos and teas are a perk, that water would be part of the package!

Wishing!

Ah, it's been awhile since we had a lot of discussion about Elite Plus. I find the level overall fairly disappointing, but I do like the increased internet minutes and the two bags of laundry. We take a lot of 14 night cruises now that we are retired, as well as staying in Florida 4-5 days pre-cruise so the laundry is very helpful. Can usually negotiate more than 15% specialty dining discount so that benefit is minimal. Since we always have a drink package the free drinks perk means nothing anymore to us, nor do the special coffees.

My complaint is that the perks are the same regardless of whether it is a 4 night cruise or a 14 night (or longer cruise). Would love to have more internet on longer cruises so I don't have to buy unlimited which is really expensive. Second complaint - you used to be able to apply the Elite Plus discount to the mid-cruise special internet pricing they used to offer on long cruises. If our recent 14 night Eclipse cruise is any indication, the mid-cruise special is not as reduced as it used to be, and this time we were NOT able to apply our Elite Plus discount to the reduced package price like we were able to this time last year. Another tightening of the belt.

My real desire would be for a level in-between Elite Plus and Zenith. Zenith is impossible for all but a very few to obtain, and many of us passed into Elite Plus a long time ago and have a lot more points than we needed to qualify. Unfortunately, IMHO these days Celebrity is all about increasing benefits for suites (with pricing to match) with little additional consideration being given for loyalty. Frankly, they know they have many of us Boomers hooked already so feel no need to sweeten the pot, especially when we are no longer their desired demographic anyway. Which is in itself a shame as many of us will be cruising for another 15-25 years God willing. But I digress............

I would love it if the n/a beverage package was part of the deal! I really would love not to pay for or haul bottled water. A little bit afraid of the ships "tap" water. It seems natural that if the cappuccinos and teas are a perk, that water would be part of the package!

Wishing!

P.S. Boom Boom

The perks for Elite Plus are pretty darn good compared to what other cruise lines offer. The reciprocal on Royal is also nice.

As long as they don’t take anything away I don’t care about another level between that and Zenith.

I wish that they would make the Sea Pass Card a special color or put ELITE PLUS in larger letters so I could display my status by wearing a lanyard. 🤗👎. NOT

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You are a bit afraid of the ship's tap water? Where do you think the water comes from for those cappuccinos and teas? LOL ;p