Sadly There will be no No Noordam Live--DH in Hospital

Cruzin Terri

Hi everyone from Rome,

We arrived in Rome on Wednesday and it has been downhill from there.

DH took ill and has been hospitalized here and had surgery this morning. We cancelled our Noordam Mediterranean Cruise. So no live reports. Sorry.

Surgery went well and he is recovering. Hopefully he will be released from the hospital on Monday.

More when I know it.

Terri

Oh Terri,

How horrible to read this.

I am so sorry to hear your DH required surgery so far away from home but happy to hear he is doing well. Take good care of him and you and please know many of us are sending our prayers and best wishes.

Let us know how you both are doing.

Best wishes.

Edited by sail7seas

What a disappointment for both of you, but if it had to happen you were fortunate to be in a place where you could receive good medical care. Hope your husband has a speedy recovery and you can rebook your cruise down the road a bit.

I'm so sorry to hear this. At least you were in a place where there was good medical care. I hope his recovery is fast and uncomplicated.

Hang in there. I know how stressful it is to have a husband in the hospital for surgery and to be in a foreign country to boot. Take care.

Thank you all for your well wishes. All this year I have been using the Rosetta Stone to learn Italian, the language of my heritage. Little did I know how handy it would be, and also how little I know!

I did find out that medical care in Italy is FREE. What a relief. We will fly home on a regular flight. No need for an evacuation, but I will order a wheelchair for him.

I don't know when we will come home. The latest is that he may be discharged on Monday or Tuesday. Then I have to deal with American Airlines to change our flights and upgrade us to First Class. i think we deserve that. Anyway, it was supposed to be my big birthday cruise!

I am trying to keep strong. It is hard. Some of you have been through worse. Just let me tell you. Think of the worst hospital you have been in. Then let me just say that this is the best that Rome offers and it is worse than the worst I have seen in the states. I won't go into detail but the ER was a nightmare. This is where the Pope goes for care so they tell me. Poor Pope Francis, and he's such a nice man.

Terri

Terri,

The best I can suggest is get him out of the hospital as soon as you can.

The longer he is in, the more risk of infection etc

Of course, be sure it is safe for him to leave but he could well be safer in a hotel room with you having numbers of doctors you can call if necessary.

Hopefully you have some source in Rome to turn to for help. It has to be

very difficult trying to do the best for him with no support.

We are all sending you strength and good feelings for a smooth recovery.

Hi everyone from Rome,

We arrived in Rome on Wednesday and it has been downhill from there.

DH took ill and has been hospitalized here and had surgery this morning. We cancelled our Noordam Mediterranean Cruise. So no live reports. Sorry.

Surgery went well and he is recovering. Hopefully he will be released from the hospital on Monday.

More when I know it.

Terri

So sorry to hear of this. Wishing him a speedy recovery and hoping you can rest some. i'm sure it's been an ordeal. Hugs