Our Flight to Barcelona is leaving Logan....

innlady1

Now! :(

And, we're not on it. :mad: On Friday, I had to cancel our vacation to Barcelona and the Transatlantic crossing on the Noordam.

Tooth pain that I ignored (hoping it would go away) and trying to convince myself it was sinuses . Wrong. My dentist took xrays and she sent me to the endodontist who has done several root canals. I have a fractured root canal and an abscess. She had put me on Amoxycillin but it didn't do much so the endo. switched to a stronger antibiotic. Finally feeling better. Seeing the oral surgeon for it to be extracted and then an implant.

So, no cruise for us. I'm counting our blessings...this is the first we've cancelled. And, I hope last!

As you proceed through the travel insurance claim process, it would be wonderful if you wouldn't mind sharing how easy or hard it is. I've never made any claim and wonder how difficult some insurers make it to collect on legitimate claims.

Edited by sail7seas

As you proceed through the travel insurance claim process, it would be wonderful if you wouldn't mind sharing how easy or hard it is. I've never made any claim and wonder how difficult some insurers make it to collect on legitimate claims.

I will report my experience here, Judy. I'm not looking forward to it. 11 pages of forms to be completed. I will wait until I've had the surgery.

Three dentists so I'm trying to decide which one should be the one to fill out the paper work. And it gets more complicated from there!

I think we booked this cruise on the NA last fall. So ovgirl is correct, it's been "a long time in the cooker". And, just like that, goes poof!

Innlady, I feel your pain! I had the same thing -fractured root, extraction and implant. It was not a fun time. I feel bad for you having to cancel a much anticipated cruise, but like others have said, its better than having pain in the middle of the atlantic. Hope all the stages of your dental work go smoothly. Good luck.

I will report my experience here, Judy. I'm not looking forward to it. 11 pages of forms to be completed. I will wait until I've had the surgery.

Three dentists so I'm trying to decide which one should be the one to fill out the paper work. And it gets more complicated from there!

I think we booked this cruise on the NA last fall. So ovgirl is correct, it's been "a long time in the cooker". And, just like that, goes poof!

Was there one dentist of the three that specifically told you to not travel?

Very sorry to hear about your tooth problem, but glad to hear that you are feeling better.

We had to cancel a cruise several years ago due to a broken foot which required surgery. Thankfully, we also had insurance. In our case, the carrier paid very promptly after we submitted all the paperwork. It may look daunting, but hopefully it will all go smoothly for you as well.

Get well soon and book another cruise! :)

It's a shame that you had to miss a trip that you have looked forward to for so long. But you are accepting it well (pain meds helping on that?). You will heal, and there will be other trips.

Take care.