No more free drink coupons for gold VIP members

Miss Picante

What is their reasoning for the platinum drink only in the dining room and gold can be anywhere? Seems backwards to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The free drink for golds after 5 pm on the last day was a consolation for no longer being invited to the past guest party.

Golds (and possibly reds) also used to receive the free drink at breakfast/brunch/lunch but this was discontinued at the same time and now all past guests are given a bottle of water as a consolation.

CCL has not announced that change, so my guess is that the OP was not on a 5+ night cruise. If it is true I would expect the Gold members will flame up the boards.

If true, the only cure for Gold members is to get themselves to Platinum as quickly as possible.

Agreed. Just like everyone else responding' date=' we received ours last month on a Triumph 5 day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP was on 5 night Western on Liberty. It is in original post.

We were on the Freedom on August 13th(7night cruise) I am platinum and she is gold. She got a coupon for a drink ANY night after 5. My coupon was after 5 on the last night....and if I am correct, it was only for a few locations. I thought that was strange. I didn't use mine, but she did use hers.

Last Cruise I am Platinum and partner is not, I got mine good for Breakfast Lunch or Brunch and they got theirs for the last evening after 5pm. That was Aug 20th.

This is one "rule" needing change! Any bar, any time. Some people don't want to buy a drink for breakfast for crying out loud!

It says they just got back from the September 5 cruise on Liberty. I don't see how many nights it was or which itinerary. Am I missing it somewhere?

The September 5 departure on the Liberty was a 5 night cruise from Galveston to Cozumel and Progresso. It departed on Monday the 5th and returned on Saturday the 10th. The 4 night cruises from Galveston depart on Thursdays. So, OP WAS on a 5 night cruise.

The September 5 departure on the Liberty was a 5 night cruise from Galveston to Cozumel and Progresso. It departed on Monday the 5th and returned on Saturday the 10th. The 4 night cruises from Galveston depart on Thursdays. So, OP WAS on a 5 night cruise.

Thanks for that info. I didn't look it up. Maybe the crew had that particular cruise mixed up with the 4 day ones, then. I'm not sure. I would not be happy if I didn't get my coupon.

Crappy perk.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

All of the perks are crappy until you get above Gold. And even then, they're not particularly expensive or exclusive perks. If Carnival ended the VIFP program tomorrow and as a reaction to the reduced overhead reduced all fares by 10-15%, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I know, in December I may just have a Pina Colada with my French Toast.

Some day you may get invited to a nice brunch somewhere and you will see Mimosas being served. You may also see Bloody Marys as well.

Act nonchalant. Some people like these early morning libations.

This is one "rule" needing change! Any bar, any time. Some people don't want to buy a drink for breakfast for crying out loud!

Why would they make a change that makes it more likely you'll use it? It's not like they picked the times and places by accident.

Why would they make a change that makes it more likely you'll use it? It's not like they picked the times and places by accident.

right. Make it as inconvenient as possible, then in a few months cancel it because there was lack of interest.

Just like the did with the party on the last night.

Bill

right. Make it as inconvenient as possible, then in a few months cancel it because there was lack of interest.

Just like the did with the party on the last night.

Bill

Exactly. But you forgot the fact that the entertainment staff weren't allowed to publicize it. One blurb in the Fun Times about upcoming events early on the the cruise and then one line in schedule the day of. If they had advertised/publicized a party with free drinks for everyone the same way they do the steakhouse, spa, and bingo, does anyone honestly think there would be a lack of interest/attendance?