Diamond lounge drinks lets have some fun!!!

ETski

Espresso Martini is a great alternative to the chocolate version. :cool:

Cranberry Vodka and lime is my go to drink. Anyone remember the great lime shortage from a few years ago. :(

Peach Martini and Peach Bellini were readily available in CL on Freedom.

Going on MJ tomorrow, it is rumored that since it is held in VCL they will make anything you want.

I've found that you can ask for anything and they are happy to tell you whether or not you can get it. I've seen people get simple drinks or more elaborate drinks (like Chocolate Martinis).

My wife asked if they could make a margarita and they said that "on the rocks" is OK, but not frozen. That's her preference anyway and she loved it.

What's really fun is after the first night the waiters will likely remember you and just say "Gin and Tonic?" I don't know how they do it, but it makes one feel special (I guess that's the intention of a loyalty perk).

It's always fun to look around at what others are having and I've never had anyone feel insulted when I've walked over to inquire about their tasty looking drink. Most of the time people are super friendly after a few drinks.

Tom

Just don't ask what they do for a living. :rolleyes:

Chocolate martini. I had one most nights on GR this past Nov. Love bellinis but have been told several times they're not included. I did get one on one trip, but haven't asked in a while. I also occasionally have a margarita on the rocks.

Edited by BND

Never thought of having a simple mixer in either the CL or DL. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask and even more so in the lounges that are actual bars (CL lounge on Radiance class or overflow in a VCL.)

The one picture that shows long islands make me stop and think how strong those must be. :) I've had rum and cokes that look like "tea" but a long island in the lounge might top even that.

We have also had different drinks from different servers after the 3rd or 4th night sometimes (when it's slow late in the night) will ask for something new or a surprise us. Works great except then you start to like something that only 1 person knew how to make. :)

Lets have some fun with the complimentary liquor, beers and wines they offer. What cocktails were made for you using the list. I know they will not make frozen drinks but its always fun to know what others have been drinking. This will be our second time diamond on our Feb. cruise.

On Serenade last Feb loved lemon drop martinis.

Espresso Martini is a great alternative to the chocolate version. :cool:

Cranberry Vodka and lime is my go to drink. Anyone remember the great lime shortage from a few years ago. :(

Peach Martini and Peach Bellini were readily available in CL on Freedom.

Going on MJ tomorrow, it is rumored that since it is held in VCL they will make anything you want.

Wonder if they will make Peach Bellini's in the Oasis DL. We always got those on the FR CL like you did.

As a former Bartender, I can tell you firsthand that they do not like making frozen drinks or anything that requires more than 5 different ingredients.

You might not see it on their face, but they are thinking it.

The simpler, the better......

And if I'm the customer, I should get what I ordered and not an attitude from the bartender (whether I see it or not).

I'm a "purist". Just a plain Tito's martini for me. Very cold, very dry. Straight up with three olives. No olive juice. Priscilla drinks the same but with an orange slice instead of the olives. This is only in the DL or the CL. When I'm at any other venue God knows what I'll have! But in the DL or the CL you have to show some class! After all, we're not savages!

Elvis

I'm a "purist". Just a plain Tito's martini for me. Very cold, very dry. Straight up with three olives. No olive juice. Priscilla drinks the same but with an orange slice instead of the olives. This is only in the DL or the CL. When I'm at any other venue God knows what I'll have! But in the DL or the CL you have to show some class! After all, we're not savages!

Elvis

Good thing you put "purist" in quotes, because a true purist would use gin. :D

Lets have some fun with the complimentary liquor, beers and wines they offer. What cocktails were made for you using the list. I know they will not make frozen drinks but its always fun to know what others have been drinking. This will be our second time diamond on our Feb. cruise.

Great idea! I'm always at a loss to think of something different to order in the DL. Not that I'm a big drinker, just want to order something a bit different from my normal. Also not sure what's "allowed" within the confines of the DL drinks program. I have found that it seems to vary from ship to ship.

I've already started compiling my list for our next two cruises in April - thanks everyone for the great ideas. :D

Jenni

Was on Ovation recently in the Schooner bar one night drinking a Long Island Ice Tea. Mavel from the CL worked there at night, saw me and said I can make you those upstairs in the CL. Next afternoon she quickly had one ready for me when I arrived for pre-dinner drinks. Was better put together and even looked better than the Schooner bar drink. Now that's great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mojito on the rocks....... not likely in the CL/DL

We had Mojitos in the CL on Anthem, but, it was a quiet cruise and not many people in the lounge, we've been on busier cruises such as transatlantics where they stick to the list for a day or so until they see who the good tippers are and then they ask if you want something different.

One thing I will mention- while getting the free mixed drinks is fun, they are not the best you can get.

A vodka martini with stoli isn't as good as with Grey Goose, and a Manhattan with Jack isn't as good as almost any other good rye.

At least I think.

I normally get a Manhattan, but it's just ok, and not great. We recently had basic martinis- which were just ok when cold, not great when they warm up. But when you pay for the same drink with good ingredients- they are much better.... Go figure.

On that note- it wasn't long ago that vermouth was not part of the list. They are now, so you can get those drinks at bars. Even with that option, I get the free Hennessy at a bar. Which is pretty good to sip.

Yes, all the time. I just bought limes over the holidays and we were talking about it.

Vodka Cranberry is also one of my "go-to" drinks along with Vodka Tonic. You definitely need a lime for vodka tonics.

We are just of Serenade, and John the bartender was fantastic in the Diamond Lounge at making everyone very happy. Because of the large number of diamonds on board, they expanded to use the Vortex lounge, and he had the bar in there to work from. He was making cosmos, chocolate "martinis," lemon drops, rum punches, and much more.

I had him making Rob Roys (since there's no bourbon for Manhattans), Campari & sodas, Negronis, and a variety of other interesting drinks. He seemed to enjoy the change of pace.

Edited by CntPAcruiser