Why do I have to keep signing into Cruise Critic

Gracie115

I thought they had the "kinks" ironed out with this new format but for the last week I have had to repeatedly sign in again. I am managing a roll call and it's a pain in the ..... Is this something that the IT people at Cruise critic are working on? Today alone I've probably signed in a half dozen times, mostly just to VIEW a post.....???? Frustrating...:eek::eek:

I am having the same problem as you and it has been going on all this past week. It is so annoying and Celebrity cannot give me a straight answer to the problem. I have called a few times and each time I get a different answer!!

Sheila

I am having the same problem as you and it has been going on all this past week. It is so annoying and Celebrity cannot give me a straight answer to the problem. I have called a few times and each time I get a different answer!!

Sheila

I'm not talking about the X website...I'm talking about Cruise Critic.....and it just happened again...had to sign in to answer this post.....:mad:

Whenk you sign in, are you check the "remember me" box?

I've checked that box multiple times in the last few weeks and have to sign in a few times a day so hasn't worked for me. [emoji2]

At least some of the other bugs were worked out so have hope for that as well. Glad it's not just me!

Thank you for this post. I have had the same problem for quite a while now. I hope someone from Cruise Critic can get this straightened out. It is annoying to have to log in each time I look at something. :(

For weeks the Cruise Critic site has automatically logged me out after a certain period of time. No way to change it. I understand that in a banking or such secure site...I didn't realize Cruise Critic needed such protection...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am having the same problem. I have been a member since 2000 and through 3 old computers, one new Mack, two tablets and two I Pads I have never had to sign in until this last week.

Yet, for the first time in 8 Celebrity Cruises , this week I have been actually able to sign on to my Celebrity, register my info for the cruise, order luggage tags and actually print my express pass. It will be nice to arrive at the cruise port with all my docs in hand, for the first time.

Go figure!

I emailed Cruise Critics at help@cruisecritic.com earlier this week and their reply was in part:

"We haven't had other reports of this, so it might just be something with your computer.

What you describe is often the result of an issue with cookie settings in your browser's security set up."

I haven't made any changes to my computer or cookie settings and I remember this happening a while ago when they were designing the new system.

If you are having problems I suggest you contact CC.

Absolutely NO changes on my computer....BUT I do remember a week or so ago trying access Cruise Critic and it was down completely, this was very early in the morning....and when it came back up this problem arose and has not gotten better, if anything it's getting worse.....

I have checked "keep me logged in" it's NOT about cookies...it's about some kind of glitch in the system....which THEY fixed after the initial changes a couple months back and now it's back....

Absolutely NO changes on my computer....BUT I do remember a week or so ago trying access Cruise Critic and it was down completely, this was very early in the morning....and when it came back up this problem arose and has not gotten better, if anything it's getting worse.....

I have checked "keep me logged in" it's NOT about cookies...it's about some kind of glitch in the system....which THEY fixed after the initial changes a couple months back and now it's back....

This could me writing this post. So frustrating! I used to be kept logged in 24/7. I hope they recognize and fix the problem real soon!!! :mad:

I had a similar problem: when I opened Cruise Critic it would keep asking me to log in. One day I clicked on the "boards" button right next to the "login" button by mistake and I found that I was already logged in, even though the splash page asked me to log in.. Now I just go directly to "boards" and don't worry about the splash page.

I don't know if this might solve the OP's problem. I'm running Safari on a MacBook Pro.

I have also noticed a problem for several weeks now. Every time I tried to post to a thread, I would get "error, you need to make your post at least 3 characters longer". I would have to log out and log back in so I could post a response. Probably will have to do that with this post, just have to use copy & paste instead of rewriting the entire post after signing back in. And no, I made no changes to my computer, did not sign out, did not disable cookies, etc.

I have also noticed a problem for several weeks now. Every time I tried to post to a thread, I would get "error, you need to make your post at least 3 characters longer". I would have to log out and log back in so I could post a response. Probably will have to do that with this post, just have to use copy & paste instead of rewriting the entire post after signing back in. And no, I made no changes to my computer, did not sign out, did not disable cookies, etc.

Interesting. I have not had this problem yet and I am on Cruise Critic everyday. I login on an iPad, laptop and a PC and not had this issue. I'll certainly be watching for it. It does sound like a browser issue though, almost like an update reset how your browser retains passwords. Is it happening on more than one browser or have you tried this. Certainly sucks if you have to login each time.

I've been having this problem since the new install. I think it has gotten worse in the past week. I can't even move from page to page in the same thread without having to log on repeatedly. It's sad but I find myself spending less and less time on Cruise Critic. So frustrating.

I do not have this issue on my iPad, but have it almost daily on my computer using Internet Explorer. I wrote to Cruise critic back on 3/22 and got this response:

What you describe is often the result of an issue with cookiesettings in your browser's security set up.

A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser to help identify who youare. Cruise Critic's message board uses cookies to keep you logged into youraccount as you move from page to page. If your cookie isn't being acceptedcorrectly, you'll be logged out of your account as soon as you move to adifferent page -- or try to move from the "log in process" toactually being logged in. This will block you from signing in or staying signed in.

There are a number of reasons why your cookie may not be set properly. Asa first step, you can try removing cookies from our site, cruisecritic.com,which often fixes the issue. This article has information on how to dothat, and how to troubleshoot the issue if that doesn't help.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-ie/

Our tech team is working on this issue, as resetting cookies does not seem to solve the issue for some members. We do hope to have it resolved as soon aspossible. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Nothing has resolved the issue, and like I said, I have it daily, usually several times a day. I got it trying to post this even though I was already on the thread!

I was having the same problem ..... OR, so I thought. It kept prompting me to log in but here is the key ... at least it was for me: just ignore it and even though it says 'Log In' ... just click onto the boards you want to see and you may notice that you have remained logged in even though that home page doesn't seem to indicate you are. As I said ... this worked for me and I am getting the 'Log In' link on the home page.

I have also been having the same problem since the new version of cruise critic launched. Often just going from one thread to another I get a prompt to log in again. I've tried ignoring the prompt as a previous poster suggested, put I can't post unless I log in again. I'm using a desktop computer most, with Windows 10 and IE browser. I've tried clearing cookies and cache and logging in again, but the problem continues. Never had it on the old cruise critic.

I was having the same problem ..... OR, so I thought. It kept prompting me to log in but here is the key ... at least it was for me: just ignore it and even though it says 'Log In' ... just click onto the boards you want to see and you may notice that you have remained logged in even though that home page doesn't seem to indicate you are. As I said ... this worked for me and I am getting the 'Log In' link on the home page.

Same here and I reported it on the thread for "bugs" since the new set-up. Same solution for me. it kept asking for a login...and i couldn't even login. It would tell me I had the incorrect login or password, when I knew I was using the correct one. Finally just went to Boards, clicked on and was in. Go figure.