Wearing a lanyard, yes or no? GO!

amyhphoto

Up until recently, I was vehemently anti lanyard. Inconvenient, uncomfortable and tacky.

But then my husband scored a couple at work that were flip tops and on a soft cord, not the webbing. The flip top means it is easy to get at the card when needed, plus it has room in it for extras. I wore it under my shirt with a credit card and my ID as well as all my universal studios cards during a recent trip. No purse meant not having to go through the security line.

So..a qualified yes, depending on type of lanyard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very sensitive neck/shoulders so can't bear the thought of any weight on it. Cruise card goes in my cell phone pocket (left front pants pocket) since on cruises the cell phone isn't there.

If I do not have deep pockets then I get a hole punched in my cruise card & use the lanyard

When we go ashore I take my purse but around the ship the lanyard is convenient for me

Who cares what others think

do what works for you

JMO

Nope, never, nada. Had to wear one at work for decades. Still lost it...

I'd NEVER wear the lanyard off the ship if I were inclined to wear one.

I always try to have a pocket - even my running shorts or yoga capris have a pocket large enough for the cruise card. If not, I have a very nifty wristband that looks like a sweatband, but has a zipper'd pocket to hold keys or a card.

I'd I've to hear what everyone thinks of wearing their card on a lanyard.

I use a lanyard for my cruise card on Disney. On other lines, I don't.

There are people on Disney who don't (won't) use a lanyard. There are people on other cruise lines who do use lanyards.

It's your call.

Just a personal choice but no I don't care for or have ever worn one or will.

However if it is something that would make carrying your SeaPass card convenient

don't be concerned about how other's feel about it.

Yes, always. Often don't have pockets, don't like to carry a purse on board. In port I tuck it inside my shirt/blouse. In the cabin I put it in a dedicated drawer so I have never lost it. Might bring a hook with magnet for hanging it on the wall next cruise.

Added plus, I wear reading glasses. Now, there's something I can loose all too easily. Again I don't have pockets (wouldn't put my glasses in them even if I did), don't want to carry a bag. I hang the glasses on the lanyard. They're always within reach and they don't get lost. Or sat on.

I was one of those nope not me. Then the dh bought some that felt OK around my neck. I said I would try it on a short 3 day we did. It was so easy to not worry about where to put the card if I didn't have pockets. I do not want to carry around a purse. Now I'm hooked and want to have my card right there around my neck.

I didn't use a lanyard on my last cruise, but I wouldn't say I'm opposed to the idea. It's not nearly fanny pack levels of embarrassing, and it could be convenient. At college they always said that you could spot the freshman by who was wearing their student ID on a lanyard.

Does a lanyard make you a cruising freshman? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't sweat it too much, personally. Fellow cruise patrons' perceptions of me are pretty low on my priority list—it's not like you'll ever see them again, so it doesn't matter if they think you're a newbie.

I use a key chain with an anchor charm and 1 clip attached for my key card and 1 clip to attach it to my purse, tote, belt loop or what ever is handy. Easy to unclip from whatever I have it attached to and give to bar servers, store clerk, unlock door, and get on/off the ship. Not bulky and out of the way the rest of the time.

On the ship, yes, It's convenient for me.. I don't like to carry a purse around (except at dinner). Off the ship no because I have a cross over purse or back pack. As to whether it's tacky or not....this really doesn't matter to me. You're on vacation, do what works for you.