Though I am an elite cruiser on Royal Caribbean, I tried Princess. Big Mistake.

I am writing to say that I am happy that I typically cruise Royal and Celebrity. I've never had the issues I just had on Princess. Does anyone else agree?

You also posted this on the Celebrity board - How can anyone agree or disagree if they don't know what your issues were?

We like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, and we appreciate the perks we get from our D+/Elite status. Still, we we have sailed Princess, the cruises were pleasant and trouble free.

I do like both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity' loyalty programs better than Princess'. And not just because we are at more advanced levels vs Princess, as we got a sample of higher Princess status. On our last Princess cruise, I won a drawing giving us Platinum status for that cruise. Nice to win the drawing, and we used the benefits, but those benefits did not suits us nearly as well as either RoyalCaribbean or Celebrity.

Without knowing your issues, but being a regular reader of these boards, I’m going to say that, yes, people have had the same issues that you did on Royal.

Um, perhaps you should read a bit slower....their issues were on Princess, not on Royal. Of course, some people report problems on every cruise line, every hotel line, every airline, etc

OP also has a review posted on the Princess forum.

To summarize, they went on Island Princess, departure was delayed one day, dining was terrible, shows were crowded and hard to actually get a seat if you didn't go early, OP husband got trampled and hurt his foot, given boot for foot that they didn't need and then wine and dinner as a sorry. Might have missed something but those are the highlights.

OP also has a review posted on the Princess forum.

To summarize, they went on Island Princess, departure was delayed one day, dining was terrible, shows were crowded and hard to actually get a seat if you didn't go early, OP husband got trampled and hurt his foot, given boot for foot that they didn't need and then wine and dinner as a sorry. Might have missed something but those are the highlights.

Wish I could get wine and dine for a foot. I'd walk around barefoot. ;p

I am writing to say that I am happy that I typically cruise Royal and Celebrity. I've never had the issues I just had on Princess. Does anyone else agree?

I had one of my best cruises on Princess. But like your one bad experience it may just be my one good experience. Hopefully your issues with them were resolved? Would be interested to read what went wrong. Thanks.

Um, perhaps you should read a bit slower....their issues were on Princess, not on Royal. Of course, some people report problems on every cruise line, every hotel line, every airline, etc

And perhaps you should read with a little more comprehension.

They basically said that they never have the same issues on Royal that they just had on Princess. They then asked a question, whether or not we agreed. I responded to their question - even without knowing what issues they had on Princess, I can say with 100% certainty that people have had the same issues on Royal.

Somebody was kind enough to comment on what the issues where, and I stand by what I said.

Seems determined to let everyone know, posting the same thing all over the place.

Funniest bit was a rant that the ship was full of oldies, but they still managed to “Trample” her DH.

Also thinks Princess should cover the medical costs of Hubbie’s sore foot.

I was curious (nosy more like it) because people were saying the rant was posted other places. I had to see for myself. I don't get it and interesting enough, OP profile had DOB as 1994, pretty young to be elite or whatever with several cruise lines! :)

I'm loyal to Princess but like Royal Caribbean, too, Celebrity not my thing but I don't complain about them, don't say don't sail with them. I say try it and see for yourself. Truthfully, I'll try any line if the itinerary suits me. I cruise strictly for itinerary, trying to get places I haven't seen. Sorry for my rant, I don't get people and the complaining, especially when things are not necessarily the cruise lines fault.

I was curious (nosy more like it) because people were saying the rant was posted other places. I had to see for myself. I don't get it and interesting enough, OP profile had DOB as 1994, pretty young to be elite or whatever with several cruise lines! :)

I'm loyal to Princess but like Royal Caribbean, too, Celebrity not my thing but I don't complain about them, don't say don't sail with them. I say try it and see for yourself. Truthfully, I'll try any line if the itinerary suits me. I cruise strictly for itinerary, trying to get places I haven't seen. Sorry for my rant, I don't get people and the complaining, especially when things are not necessarily the cruise lines fault.

I agree. Born in 1994 and joined CC in 2003 at 9 yrs. old. Hmmm