Warning for those sailing out of Bayonne

dkjretired

Yesterday, Gov. Christie in his last act before leaving office signed a bill making it illegal to fly a drone while drunk (DWD) in New Jersey. Just a head's up for those sailing in Bayonne this year. :):):):):):)

Also, be advised that NJ is now the only state where it is illegal to pump your own gas.

I don't know about anyone else but, I am kind of happy that I can drive the one mile from NY to NJ and not have to get out of my car and pump my own gas plus, save 35-40 cents per gallon.

That is extremely convenient, especially this time of year.

As a side note, until former Gov Christie pushed the 23 cent per gallon gas tax increase into effect within the last year or so, I saved a heck of a lot more money!

I don't know about anyone else but, I am kind of happy that I can drive the one mile from NY to NJ and not have to get out of my car and pump my own gas plus, save 35-40 cents per gallon.

That is extremely convenient, especially this time of year.

As a side note, until former Gov Christie pushed the 23 cent per gallon gas tax increase into effect within the last year or so, I saved a heck of a lot more money!

I am a Jersey Girl and do NOT want to pump Gas. And yes, it is cheaper! Why change a good thing? This is a no brainer - at last, Jersey got something right:confused:

It's just too bad that raised all the taxes on gasoline in NJ. It was always the cheapest around the tri-state (especially CT where our taxes have been high for decades). We would drive to Bayonne and then fill up on the way home. But alas, they even took that away from us.

To be honest, I Am a relatively 'New Comer' to NJ and after 17 years here, when I travel out of state it is a bit mystifying about having to pump my own gas! LOL.... I recently went to Delaware to visit friends (which I do up to six (6) times a year, I sat in the auto waiting for the attendant to arrive and my spouse turned as said 'are you going to get out and pump the gas within the next five (5) minutes or what?'

Yes, it took me a day or two to remember this, but it was a great laugh for sure... such a luxury...

bon voyage

Yesterday, Gov. Christie in his last act before leaving office signed a bill making it illegal to fly a drone while drunk (DWD) in New Jersey. Just a head's up for those sailing in Bayonne this year. :):):):):):)

Also, be advised that NJ is now the only state where it is illegal to pump your own gas.

Huh? We live in Oregon and we can't pump our own gas.

It's no longer a state-wide ban. Oregon now allows residents of most counties with fewer than 40,000 people to fuel up their cars themselves.

Really? Well I better get out more! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to stay away from THOSE places, I hated pumping my own gas when I had to.

It's no longer a state-wide ban. Oregon now allows residents of most counties with fewer than 40,000 people to fuel up their cars themselves.

That only applies to certain areas of certain counties (low population counties 15 to be exact out of the 36). For over 90% of the state population self service is still banned.

The pump your own gas ban is not new in NJ, it has been around for at least the last 32 years....that I have lived in NJ. The flying drones while drunk thing is typical of Christie, complete waste of taxpayers time and money....Maybe he is still mad about the guy who flew over the beach July 4 weekend and made pictures of him and his friends enjoying the closed beach just because they could while the rest was shutdown when he shut down the state government....

The argument is that it is not safe to have "untrained" people pumping gas..they could spill it, they could forget and smoke while pumping, etc, etc.......

In Oregon the word is that it creates jobs.

To say it's because of "untrained" people pumping gas sounds strange since every other state has no issue with that.

And here in Central New York, we can’t find a place where you don’t have to pump it yourself! Why is it illegal in NJ to pump your own?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am long time Jersey resident. The reason is that the gas retailers association has always had a very strong lobby.

We live in Washington state. I always liked not pumping my own gas down in Oregon. I do prefer buying gas in the state that I live. I want gas tax to go to my state. Oregon has state income tax, Washington does not have a state income tax. At home my max driving range is 3 hours. So I'll drive north to Vancouver, Canada and south to Portland Oregon. Washington state does not have the highest gas tax in the USA. We are #2. Over 3 hours why not just fly.

To be honest, I Am a relatively 'New Comer' to NJ and after 17 years here, when I travel out of state it is a bit mystifying about having to pump my own gas! LOL.... I recently went to Delaware to visit friends (which I do up to six (6) times a year, I sat in the auto waiting for the attendant to arrive and my spouse turned as said 'are you going to get out and pump the gas within the next five (5) minutes or what?'
I remember my first solo trip through New Jersey. I stopped at a gas station and got out to pump the gas as usual before an attendant stopped me and told me I couldn't do it myself. It felt sort of silly to let someone else do it.

Yesterday, Gov. Christie in his last act before leaving office signed a bill making it illegal to fly a drone while drunk (DWD) in New Jersey. Just a head's up for those sailing in Bayonne this year. :):):):):) ... .

Thanks for the funny this morning!:D

I remember my first solo trip through New Jersey. I stopped at a gas station and got out to pump the gas as usual before an attendant stopped me and told me I couldn't do it myself. It felt sort of silly to let someone else do it.

The funny thing about the law is you can't get out and say I want to pump my own gas, it is illegal for you to do so. You could be arrested for it although I don't think it's ever happened.