Carnival, please change the Platinum/Diamond treat from the strawberries!

crusinpsychRN

We had the chocolate strawberries delivered to us several times on our most recent cruise, and they were very very good every time. Also the macaroons were fantastic. And the last plate came with a wedge of some kind of chewy toffee flavored fudge stuff that was awesome.

Platinum used to get a plate of hors d'oeuvres (canapes) one night & the chocolate covered strawberries another night. I'm sure that most people did not eat the canapes (they were not very good in my opinion). They changed to giving you less chocolate covered strawberries and some chocolates and now some macrons. I wish they would let you choose from 3 options...just like you choose a dining time before you sail. Chocolates & strawberries, a cheese plate with crackers/grapes or a fruit "basket". I would get that if guaranteed some bananas, LOL Just off the Miracle and after the first day there was not a banana to be found! I looked every day. So all these items are things they already have on board. Granted the cheese plate will need refrigeration if not consumed soon after you get it but still...it would be nice if it were our choice. Diabetics and folks with diverticulitis can't have the chocolate (sugar) & strawberries (small seeds)!

Dear Carnival,

After reading through this I can understand some peoples concerns. I can also understand how difficult it would be to meet 500 separate requests on 20 separate ships each week.

Therefore, consider doing away with the program in it's entirety.

If you feel you still want to show loyal customers some love, a nice Thank You card would suffice.

However, then you'll have to deal with those who don't like the font you used.

ehhh, Just do away with the card also.

Dear Carnival,

After reading through this I can understand some peoples concerns. I can also understand how difficult it would be to meet 500 separate requests on 20 separate ships each week.

Therefore, consider doing away with the program in it's entirety.

If you feel you still want to show loyal customers some love, a nice Thank You card would suffice.

However, then you'll have to deal with those who don't like the font you used.

ehhh, Just do away with the card also.

Let’s hope Carnival gets the message (but something tells me they already have).

In regards to the strawberries, this is what we used to get.......

Carnival%20Pride%20Christmas_0212-X2.jpg

And what we are getting now. I always joke in my reviews that we are now getting the rejects from the café, but we eat most of them anyway and we appreciate them, but they could do a little better.....

IMG_4774-X2.jpg

Any strawberry you wash will be moldy the following day...not carnivals fault....just how strawberries work after getting wet....

Soak them in a solution of 1 cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water for 1/2 hour, then rinse. The berries last much longer that way.

I think some of the problem is timing. You don't know when the strawberry treat is coming. Usually if I have the chocolate melting cake as a dessert for supper, I will return to the cabin to find the plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Then I leave them for a day or two in the refrig and they lose their freshness. In addition, the plate they provide does not fit in the refrig and then we are looking for no where to be found containers.

They are good, however, if you eat them as soon as they are delivered. Otherwise, they get worse by the hour.

I still like you Carnival and you can send the strawberries anyway. I'll just have to suffer.

Jamman54's post hits the strawberry squarely. These pics show what we are really talking about, the quality of the product Carnival has opted to provide to its customers.

It is not that we need more food or we are ungrateful, its all about customer service that once existed in our country and now has gone by the wayside.

It does not take a rocket scientist to dip strawberries properly, these pics speak a thousand words.

Dear Carnival,

If you appreciate my continued business and want to show gratitude by giving me a small token of appreciation, thank you. I promise not to whine about whatever gift this may be.

My thoughts exactly.

Laura

I would be embarassed giving my best customers something that looks like what they give us now

Perhaps you need to rethink being one of their best customers if it's such an embarrassment.

I just shrug, throw them away if they look "questionable" and move on with my life. I guess that's not something everyone can do.

I would be embarassed giving my best customers something that looks like what they give us now

Don't get me wrong. I can understand where you are coming from.

They are "trying" to show some form of appreciation to almost 20,000 guests per week across 25 ships in the fleet.

I would be surprised if you had that logistical problem.