Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic! Now I know that the trouble is not my fault!

My problem now is the requirements for my password. My old password did not contain a number or the required 8 characters, hence I could not sign in today without redoing my password, which it wouldn't accept...even with resetting it. I now have no idea which password I have now, as I tried resetting several different times. I don't see how I am ever going to get back to 'my cruises' account again without completely starting over. barnie_zpsyschrypk.gif

Also, now it looks like there's a new restriction that only one email address can be used with RCCL/Celebrity. I signed up my dad, mom, sister and aunt's C&A on-line accounts (they don't use computers) with my email address for communications, setting preferences and monitoring purposes because they do not have email.

I guess I'll give them a few days to see if they can fix the problem.

I must be the only one that didn’t have problems with the new website. I entered my additional security information, then went to profile, I think, then to my cruises and both were there. We cruise in a week and verified that my online docs were completed (only did them yesterday because we were out of power for a week).

When I went back to my profile, both my C&A number and loyalty number for Celebrity were there. Very surprised and happy!

Btw, it looks awful and juvenile...why do they have the worst web pages and online booking than any other cruise line? CCL, NCL, HAL....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After seeing this thread earlier today, I read thru page 1 and then tried to log into my Royal account. No dice. I called C&A and after about 1 hour we were able to get me past the VALIDATE page but only after changing my password which I have used since 2008. Now a new password to remember.

I have a different user name for Celebrity than I have for Royal so who knows what nightmares that will bring.

The young man (sounded young) told me we would be able to log into our Cruise Planners tomorrow and also that they planned to have our prior cruises loaded into our accounts tomorrow. Seeing will be believing.

There must be a valid reason for what they are doing but not within my reasoning ability this late in the day. Enough to make one want to make a stiff drink and down it in one gulp.

This morning they had me listed as an ocean view accessible guarantee. From reading CC boards I knew that was a glitch. This afternoon, not able to login. Where do I go for help, but CC. Thank you for sharing the above link. Able to login and see that I now have the balcony guarantee. Thank you everyone. Not able to login with the blue screen yet. Thank you everyone.

ML

As a retired systems analyst (45 years) I have a feel for what is going on behind the scenes. They are trying to roll 2 old systems RCI and Celebrity into 1 totally new system with 2 VERY large data bases, which are probably totally different in construction. The peons trying to do this have probably told pointy-haired management for weeks that they system is not ready, but pointy-haired management, who thinks they are gods, think all they have to do is decree a finish date and it will happen. The peons have worked their butts off for weeks of 60-hour weeks with no overtime pay but it is still going to take the time it takes--no words will change that. For pete's sake, Royal Caribbean, take us back to a system that works and let the peons do their jobs. It will be good when they finish--not before. (Is it 5 o'clock yet???)

My problem now is the requirements for my password. My old password did not contain a number or the required 8 characters, hence I could not sign in today without redoing my password, which it wouldn't accept...even with resetting it. I now have no idea which password I have now, as I tried resetting several different times. I don't see how I am ever going to get back to 'my cruises' account again without completely starting over. barnie_zpsyschrypk.gif

Also, now it looks like there's a new restriction that only one email address can be used with RCCL/Celebrity. I signed up my dad, mom, sister and aunt's C&A on-line accounts (they don't use computers) with my email address for communications, setting preferences and monitoring purposes because they do not have email.

My account would not let me log in the first time after I reset the password but if I used my email address and new password to log in, instead of the user name, it worked.

Thanks for the links. I was able to log on after doing the extra steps (security etc). After updating the settings and going back to the dashboard a couple of times I was able to go and print out our docs for our upcoming April cruise! Yeah! I did notice they are missing one of my cruises from 2001. I had 2 that year but they only showed 1. I am not sure I have information to get this corrected. Oh well at least I am ready for this cruise. Good luck to all of you on getting logged on.

I truly hope this is a work in progress. My C&A number and my name are there. My past cruises are there. My status and points are there. But NO INFO on my coming cruise in April nor any of the others I have booked. I'll be patient for awhile.

Wow, what a disaster!!!! Just logged in to check excursions and what not and absolutely nothing to see. It shows my cruise and next cruises, but can't click anything, no excursions, no nothing other than the cruise data. What the heck!!!!!!

On my way to printing my SetSail Pass, I noticed that the IT elves have been busy changing things around. It said I was already checked in. Have they done away with SetSail passes? I couldn't find the magic button to print it.

I'm kinda old and set in my ways, and I'm a little confused. :o

It would have been nice if there was a notice on the signin page that email address had to be used once the initial login was completed.

I wouldn't hold my breath until the problems are fixed. Given the quality of this roll out, I suspect RCI web sites will once again win Best Cruise Line Website - NOT.

The old site will not use my OLD password and the new site will not accept my login at this time

""TRY AGAIN LATER""

Sorry we can not access your account

TRY AGAIN LATER

A week until my next cruise and can not access my reservation////

The old site will not use my OLD password and the new site will not accept my login at this time

""TRY AGAIN LATER""

Sorry we can not access your account

TRY AGAIN LATER

A week until my next cruise and can not access my reservation////

This site will let you access your cruise still - just enter your booking details:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do?icid=hpnvbr_pagehe_nln_hm_awaren_954