Starting to Panic -Interior Cabin

We are heading out on the oasis of the seas oct 21 interior cabin #6149 - is a HC cabin (which I need) but we have never cruised interior before. They had an Oceanview available but it was on hmm i think the 3rd deck and hubby hates the lower desk, nothing in balconies (hc)

so interior..6th deck it is

and as it gets closer I am starting to worry that we made a mistake going with an interior, this will be our 12th cruise (first with RC)

can you reassure here LOL any pics of an interior HC room (not a stock photo please)

Did an interior a few years back and it was the best sleep I have ever had.

Slept so long one night, we missed breakfast! Haven't done that since my teenage years.

Consider the time you spend in the room: sleeping and showering, it will be fine - and you are on vacation and on a cruise - life is good!

I have sailed in interior and like them. I sleep really well with no light coming in. The view from the bridge on the TV gives me a nice view of the outside world before I leave the cabin. No one can know if you will like them or not. If you are really starting to panic try to change your cabin to one you will like better. The website should give you the dimensions of the cabin to compare with ones you have been in previously.

As my mother would say..........You spend most of your time in the cabin with your eyes closed. Doesn't really matter if it has a window or balcony.

Now we usually do balcony rooms, but I'd have no problem with an interior room. You're on a cruise ship. Enjoy the vacation.

My son was on Oasis last month and had an inside cabin - it was fine and had a small love seat which provided a place to sit and relax. Even if you don't love it, there is so much to do on Oasis that you won't spend much time in your cabin, so it shouldn't matter.

I cruised only in inside cabins for many years. Then tried a balcony and loved it. However, I have gone back to an inside when I was trying to save some money and had no trouble going back. It doesn’t feel cramped and like others have said, you don’t spend much time in there when you are awake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done a few insides but only have done CP balconies on Oasis. I will not do one of those again unless it's the same as or cheaper than an inside. Like others say, you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin but I do love sitting on the balcony having my coffee. Other than that I'm never out there as I'm out enjoying the ship and ports. You can't sit on the CP or BW balconies w/o 200 people staring at you, not for me....We found that we can do 2 insides for the price of 1 balcony so we choose to do that and have 2 bathrooms, closets, nice beds for all 4 of us and double the drawer space all in exchange for the 1 balcony. There are pleny of areas to see the water, not as may on this class ship for sure, but they're there. The inside cabins are about the same size as balconies, just don't have that extra square footage from the balcony figured in on the deck plans.

So refreshing to see so many positive posts rather than "I would never sail if I had to be in an inside cabin".

We've sailed inside on Voyager class with our daughter and we were fine. I'm sure Oasis cabins are similar. Nice and cozy. Always had room to store everything we packed.

As others mentioned, a HC cabin is larger than standard inside so you should be fine.

Enjoy!!

We've done everything from interiors to OV balconies. Haven't done an interior on Oasis or Allure but did a last minute cruise and could only get an interior a couple of years ago. We were extremely concerned but had a great cruise and would not be bothered at all. We had an OV balcony on the next two cruises and afterwards talked about how little time we spent on the balcony. We got a great deal on a CP balcony on our upcoming cruise, when it was offered at same price as interior and it included wine and lunch at a specialty restaurant, so we took the CP balcony. We just don't spend enough time in the cabin to worry about the type of cabin anymore. These ships have so much to see and do!

What is an HC cabin?

Handicapped.

To OP we usually book interiors, mostly so we spend less per cruise so can cruise more often. We also both sleep better in interiors. I know hubby would pick an interior over an ocean view or potentially over a balcony regardless of price - he loves the darkness afforded by no light sneaking through the curtains :).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've had 4 adults in a standard interior before and my mum and I pack a lot of makeup and shoes! We still had enough room for storage, the only issue we would ever have is shower time but that would be the same regardless of the cabin type. My advice would be to have some battery operated lights that you can use but otherwise enjoy the nice dark room to sleep in! When we had a balcony all we used it for was drying towels and swimwear pretty much, lol

I've stayed in an interior once, on Allure, and all I can say is "never again." Being in a room without a window and not knowing whether or not it's night or day without having to look at a clock just isn't for me. By day 4 I was feeling very uncomfortable and claustrophobic. Sure, the majority of your trip isn't spent in your room, but it sure is nice to have a relaxing place to retreat to, especially in the event you are not feeling well or just need some time to yourself. In my experiences (travelling with 2 adults per cabin) the price difference between an oceanview balcony and an interior is less than $500 on a 7 day Oasis class sailing. $50-$75 extra per day to be able to enjoy sunlight, fresh air and the ocean is a no brainer to me. But with everything, to each their own.

I've stayed in an interior once, on Allure, and all I can say is "never again." Being in a room without a window and not knowing whether or not it's night or day without having to look at a clock just isn't for me. By day 4 I was feeling very uncomfortable and claustrophobic. Sure, the majority of your trip isn't spent in your room, but it sure is nice to have a relaxing place to retreat to, especially in the event you are not feeling well or just need some time to yourself. In my experiences (travelling with 2 adults per cabin) the price difference between an oceanview balcony and an interior is less than $500 on a 7 day Oasis class sailing. $50-$75 extra per day to be able to enjoy sunlight, fresh air and the ocean is a no brainer to me. But with everything, to each their own.

I agree, I'm not one of those who only uses the cabin to sleep and shower. I'm an introvert, having a private space to be in is important to me.

I had an aunt take a cruise some years ago, my uncle won it through his work and they had an inside room. She hated it, she ended up sleeping on lounge chairs by the pool

The difference between an interior and a balcony was over $400/pp when booking Symphony. I've done two Oasis-class sailings. One interior and one central park balcony. The interior was just fine and gave me all I need, a bed and a locked door. For $800 I'll gladly take an interior with two deluxe drink packages and $100 to spare.

We booked balcony cabins our first few cruises but when there was an unbelievable deal on an inside a few years ago I booked it. I had a lot of trepidation about it before hand just like you. It turned out just fine. I was worried about it perhaps being claustrophobic but it wasn't. Also as others mentioned it was great for sleeping late or taking a nap during the day as with the lights off it was dark no matter the time of day. Since then we have exclusively booked inside cabins and usually for less than half and sometimes one third of what a balcony costs.