Sweat Pants in MDR

To be fair, the above photo is a daytime concert in a casual location. I wouldn't expect the same should the venue be an opera house. After dark the above location would certainly be chilly. Honestly, the person in the knitted cap is on his mobile device, which I find more disturbing. It is not as if there is nothing better to look at, hear, or enjoy.

To be fair, the above photo is a daytime concert in a casual location. I wouldn't expect the same should the venue be an opera house. After dark the above location would certainly be chilly. Honestly, the person in the knitted cap is on his mobile device, which I find more disturbing. It is not as if there is nothing better to look at, hear, or enjoy.

But neither the venue nor the time of day was specified in that absurd post:

". . . its (sic) very jarring to see someone in a ratty old pair of sweat pants at a Celtic Women concert"

But neither the venue nor the time of day was specified in that absurd post:

". . . its (sic) very jarring to see someone in a ratty old pair of sweat pants at a Celtic Women concert where others are in cocktail dresses and kilts."

No dog in this fight but to be fair you left the text in red above off of your quote. That's not kosher

No dog in this fight but to be fair you left the text in red above off of your quote. That's not kosher

Are you certain that nobody else was there in Kilts or cocktail dresses?

Besides, the absurd post was making generalizations - something like dress like a slob and you will be treated like one. So, no, I don't see a problem with leaving off the kilts and cocktail dresses.

Have you looked at old photos of baseball games? For decades men wore suits to baseball games. The world didn't end when heathens started dressing casually for entertainment and relaxation. The idea that a certain style of clothing represents a "best face" is a bit of snobbery. Live and let live. You can't judge people by the clothes they wear.

And the us golf open? They used to wear 3 piece suits when playing. Oh these current pga pros. How dare they insult us with their collared shirts and dress slacks. And the fans? Clearly a group of Walmart shoppers for not dressing up to watch golf. Oh the humanity.

LOL! Although, I'm not sure I would want to see a guy in "cute" sweat pants. Now his wife..."cute" would definitely be required! ;p

Barring for medical reasons is it possible to have a cute wife if you wear gym clothes to dinner. My wife would’ve bolted after date number one if I wore sweats to dinner. I don’t care what others wear but I sure know that women tend to care what guys wear.

What possible medical condition would someone have that would prevent them from not being able to wear anything but sweat pants if they are not wheelchair bound?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some people have medical devices that can't be compressed in tighter clothing, some have skin issues which are exacerbated by form fitting clothing, some have severe arthritis that make any type of fastener (buttons, zippers, belts, suspenders) impossible to use.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

They are suggestions.

If a waiter suggests a certain dish it doesn't mean that you have to order it.

That’s true. But I don’t remember thousands of posts talking about waiter food suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s true. But I don’t remember thousands of posts talking about waiter food suggestions.

Not sure what your point is. They you an example of a suggestion not about a waiter on the ship.

Edited by Kimba2

What possible medical condition would someone have that would prevent them from not being able to wear anything but sweat pants if they are not wheelchair bound?

Large hernia could be one example. Some people who have had an ostomy can also find fitted pants a difficulty.

My question is....Royal Caribbean has suggestions on what to wear, why not just follow them?

Agreed! The old adage people do base their opinion of you on your dress is true. Regardless of what the "politically correct" say. Especially employers.

Can my husband wear sweat pants in the MDR the first night and every night for that matter on Empress of the Seas? Sailing April 14-18 to Nassau and Key West.
No. Dine in the Windjammer which is for that type of apparel.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Agreed! The old adage people do base their opinion of you on your dress is true. Regardless of what the "politically correct" say. Especially employers.

Yup! Exactly right. I suggest anyone dining in the MDR with a potential employer wear dress pants.

Now, the question is... do you care what a couple hundred strangers that you'll more than likely never see again think of you? Answer that question and you'll know what you should wear.

Can my husband wear sweat pants in the MDR the first night and every night for that matter on Empress of the Seas? Sailing April 14-18 to Nassau and Key West.

Unless something has changed, Empress of the Seas has no formal nights. They are casual each night - that IS Royal’s suggestion for attire. So, as long as the sweat pants are clean, I cannot foresee any reason why they would turn you away. Of course, I'm of the opinion that, if someone cares enough to ask, they are likely not going to be going in with ripped, dirty clothing!

I will say that people did dress up at Chops and Chef’s Table (men in jackets, etc.)

Suggesting you can’t go to the mdr in casual clothes if the cruise loses your luggage is ridiculous. You have no idea how hard or easy it is for a given person to find clothes on the ship. My opinion still stands, your prior post is ridiculous. They would be welcome at my table (and I’m sure almost everyone but you) on formal night in their shorts or whatever after what they went through.

I too wouldn’t want to sail with someone with such an attitude.

Well thanks for your confirmation of not being welcome at ‘your” table, no problem to us as we dine at a table for 2 and on our upcoming sailing won’t be dining in the mdr to upset you either.

The ship only suggest attire for the dining rooms. So long as it is not swimware, robes or bare feet, they can’t turn you away.

f479df5520d5549d6e38d10afd057b98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they can turn you away.