Does Carnival sell rain ponchos onboard?

Littlegoo75

We leave tomorrow, and I don't have time to run around after work today to go Poncho shopping. I would assume they sell them on board, but thought I would check. All of our destinations are calling for a chance of rain next week. Goody.

We leave tomorrow, and I don't have time to run around after work today to go Poncho shopping. I would assume they sell them on board, but thought I would check. All of our destinations are calling for a chance of rain next week. Goody.

yes..... $5.99

As above. Your chance of rain might last a few minutes and then be done. I wouldn't stress the rain poncho, it will be HOT there....unless you are in Alaska.... who wants to wrap up in a plastic bag in hot humid conditions. :cool:

It was raining when we left the ship at one of our ports and they were selling ponchos at the gangway for $2. I believe they also sell them in the gift shop (and those might be sturdier). The $2 one did the job.

Thanks for the quick responses all! We might just wing it....we packed them for our last DisneyWorld trip, and we just preferred getting rained on then letting the sun dry us off. I hate the feeling of wearing a poncho and hate looking like a dork. All of our excursions involve getting wet anyway. Plus, we won't melt.

If it's raining, I simply don't go out in it! Not a fan of getting rained on, or getting splashed. Really, tho, it depends where you're going...the Caribbean ALWAYS says rain is likely, because it is....it's the way weather works. Alaska....could be a chilly rain, and that's the kind I don't go out in!

They use to give those ponchos away at guest services if it was raining at the port of call.

Last time I tried to get one was on the Paradise last year. I was informed to see the guy at the bar across from Guest Services. He wanted six dollars for one of them . And he wanted cash only no cards of any kind.. Luckily I had a few of the old ones still in my luggage.

No they don't.

You can buy them at Walmart for $3 - $4 or so.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Adult-PVC-poncho-in-color-matching-carry-case/739059515