Burger Wars

Exactly I'm glad some of you folks get it. Some of the loyalists on here act like me trying out their burgers is some white glove test that they are bound to fail. Can we get a little more confidence on this forum, because if Celebrity can't figure out how to make a burger right then we're all in trouble. Naysayers aside, it sounds like there are various venues and I'm sure it will be just fine!

If all I cared about were burgers then I would just stay on Carnival. Your son isn't wrong, they're one of the best damn burgers I've had anywhere land and sea. I want to see if I can get something similar or better with all the other upscale features and on a ship that isn't falling apart. If I find myself tempted to ask a Carnival passenger to drop a burger down from their balcony, then I'll know that's where I'm suppose to be.

IMO the burgers at the Celebrity pool grills are really good to excellent. But as we all know any comment concerning food is subjective.

I don't eat lunch much on the ship but when I do, 90% of the time its a cheeseburger and fries from the Mast Grill. If you go during the slow period, you might get a burger that was precooked and been sitting around for awhile. If so, if they are cooking fresh ones, just tell them you'll wait for one of them. If they aren't cooking any, just tell them you want one with the cheese melted. They'll take one of the precooked and put it back on the grill to melt it. That minute or so does wonders, it gets the juices flowing and makes a huge difference.

I don't eat lunch much on the ship but when I do, 90% of the time its a cheeseburger and fries from the Mast Grill. If you go during the slow period, you might get a burger that was precooked and been sitting around for awhile. If so, if they are cooking fresh ones, just tell them you'll wait for one of them. If they aren't cooking any, just tell them you want one with the cheese melted. They'll take one of the precooked and put it back on the grill to melt it. That minute or so does wonders, it gets the juices flowing and makes a huge difference.

Sorry, the burgers are not fresh. They are frozen burgers. So are the hot dogs. Frozen, not fresh.

So far I've had Guy's Burgers and Johnny Rockets, but my favorite on land is Fuddruckers and Five Guys. Does Celebrity hold it's own? Cindy wants to try a Celebrity cruise this Fall but we're meat and potato people, not foodies at all but that doesn't mean we don't like GOOD TASTY GRUB! I'll save all the fancy critters for the specialty restaurant crowd and have a gourmet burger and chili dog myself, and a nice steak for dinner.

Before any of you folk knock my taste there are plenty on the Crystal and Oceania forums that agree with me. We could even slum it on Holland America for their Dive In from what I've read. Cindy wants to give you folks a shot at selling me on Celebrity.

Try the burger at the Gastrobar or the Lawn Club if they have one. Not all the ships do.

#5. I didn't say anything about the food being bad on this thread. I want to make sure the burgers are good! If the burgers and snacks are good, I can get by no matter what. The food wasn't good on Royal Caribbean and I would be stuck between a rock and a hard place paying $13 a person or more for a burger - not on my watch!

You can get a burger for $15 at the Lawn Club Grill. This venue is only on a couple of ships. I view burgers on board the same as pizza. If I want a good one, I have it before I go on board. The steaks are really good as are the lamb dishes.

You can get a burger for $15 at the Lawn Club Grill. This venue is only on a couple of ships. I view burgers on board the same as pizza. If I want a good one, I have it before I go on board. The steaks are really good as are the lamb dishes.

That's true I'm sure it won't be hard to find that kind of food in NJ and we might visit Poconos PA before the cruise anyways. Cindy talked me into asking more about this cruise line when I started this thread, but I'm warming up to the idea of giving Celebrity a shot. I like burgers and pizza just as much as the next guy, but steaks are where it is at!

That's true I'm sure it won't be hard to find that kind of food in NJ and we might visit Poconos PA before the cruise anyways. Cindy talked me into asking more about this cruise line when I started this thread, but I'm warming up to the idea of giving Celebrity a shot. I like burgers and pizza just as much as the next guy, but steaks are where it is at!

Don't let the people on the boards get to you. It's not worth it. You'll have a great time.

Did you take that picture yourself? Photoshop? Copy and paste? Try X and find out for yourself definitively. You don't know anyone here, so how can you possibly trust the opinions of faceless, nameless posters in a public forum? The best suggestion (and this is absolutely my last on the subject) is go, taste, decide, like it or leave it....but please stop with the hand wringing, discussion based on nothing. I hope you have a wonderful cruise, enjoy yourself and find new favorite foods. Done.

No he didn’t take the picture, it’s my original picture I posted on another thread......I thought it turned out pretty good so I thought I’d stop by and take the credit.....Jo Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No he didn’t take the picture, it’s my original picture I posted on another thread......I thought it turned out pretty good so I thought I’d stop by and take the credit.....Jo Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those photos make it tempting to surprise Cindy with an upgrade. The 6 day cruise is $449 for a balcony and $1199 for a suite.

Exactly I'm glad some of you folks get it. Some of the loyalists on here act like me trying out their burgers is some white glove test that they are bound to fail. Can we get a little more confidence on this forum, because if Celebrity can't figure out how to make a burger right then we're all in trouble. Naysayers aside, it sounds like there are various venues and I'm sure it will be just fine!

If all I cared about were burgers then I would just stay on Carnival. Your son isn't wrong, they're one of the best damn burgers I've had anywhere land and sea. I want to see if I can get something similar or better with all the other upscale features and on a ship that isn't falling apart. If I find myself tempted to ask a Carnival passenger to drop a burger down from their balcony, then I'll know that's where I'm suppose to be.

He's booked on the brand new Horizon, so I hope it's not falling apart! LOL

Those photos make it tempting to surprise Cindy with an upgrade. The 6 day cruise is $449 for a balcony and $1199 for a suite.

Doesn't change the fact that you stole someone's photo from another thread and re-posted without their permission.

Have you seen the ads on tv of the delicious burgers at the National chains? They look delicious in the ads but I don't see them looking like that at our local restaurants.

Doesn't change the fact that you stole someone's photo from another thread and re-posted without their permission.

I had no idea that was a no-no (not that I'd have any idea how to do it).

So you can quote from another thread but you can't "quote" the picture?

I was actually happy with how the photos turned out and meant to be a compliment for being helpful. I posted a thumbs up on their other thread too. Not sure how you judge my emotions, but I'm not the one using potty language like "dung" and "pissy". Wow!

I'm trying Celebrity out whether you like it or not. If folks aren't civil I'll move on and try Crystal.

If you are unfamiliar with the term "plagiarism", I'd look it up, if I were you. Be glad you aren't a journalist or you would be out if a job. You may have meant it as a compliment to the photographer, but it was anything but. Always cite the source if using someone else's material.

As for forsaking X for Crystal, do whatever you feel works for you.

He's booked on the brand new Horizon, so I hope it's not falling apart! LOL

Haha, let's hope not. The Triumph and the Sunshine are having more of the problems. They already changed the Destiny into the Sunshine and pretended that it was a new ship. The Triumph looks like it is next on the list.

Doug and Cindy, enjoy the cruise. We also decided to try another Line after researching good loyalty levels. Part of life is to enjoy change. And like you, I started a bit ambivalent on taking the new cruise line, but now excited.

We are also taking one of those 3-day Carnival cruises out of LA with our kids. They can’t get off long enough to try a longer cruise so going on this, and I’m looking forward to this. There isn’t a bad cruise.....we are at sea, with family and friends and enjoying a get away.

Den

Me too. I could go for one of those In-N-Out burgers I had down in Dallas last summer. :hearteyes:

Go to the Grape on lower Greenville which is the only time the burger is served. It is the best burger in Dallas. Order a cinnamon roll to complete your food coma.