loyalty

This could be posted on the board of any brand....I see that many only sail one cruise line, in this case RCI...do you ever feel that you'd like to try another line but do not due to loyalty points, or fear of another line not being as good, or whatever? I personally like to try different ships, different lines...but that is simply a choice, and I have enjoyed every single cruise. Just wondering.

We select cruises mostly from 3 lines - Celebrity,Royal and Holland America. Our loyalty status on each was earned many years ago so that is not an issue since we will never reach top levels by sailing on different lines. The selection is based on itinerary, ship and price.

I cruise on different lines for different reasons.

RCI typicaly for a vacation, Cunard for transatlantic, Disney for the kids.

Loyalty points are hard to build up when you move about, but it's a choice we made.

We will never make it to the upper tiers, but not concerned I can afford to pay for any perks I might have received if I was D+

So far we’ve only sailed Royal. With only having 2 weeks a year to sail and those being expensive weeks (Christmas and March break) as well as travelling with 2 kids we have kind of found our spot on the Oasis class ships. Things haven’t always been perfect all of the time however they haven’t been nearly bad enough to stop sailing with them.

At this point I’m not prepared to take a chance on another line given the limited times we sail and the $ costs involved. The perks at the Diamond level are certainly a bonus.

Once the kids are no longer sailing with us and we aren’t tied to certain times of the year there are definitely a few lines and different itineraries that I would like to try.

We select cruises mostly from 3 lines - Celebrity,Royal and Holland America. Our loyalty status on each was earned many years ago so that is not an issue since we will never reach top levels by sailing on different lines. The selection is based on itinerary, ship and price.

Same here. It's all port of departure, itinerary and length of cruise, although for us it is always the Caribbean and in January, February or March.

bosco

At this point I’m not prepared to take a chance on another line given the limited times we sail and the $ costs involved. The perks at the Diamond level are certainly a bonus.

Once the kids are no longer sailing with us and we aren’t tied to certain times of the year there are definitely a few lines and different itineraries that I would like to try.

Remember you will get Elite perks on Celebrity, which in our opinions are better than Royal.

Celebrity is our choice but we have no teens any longer so we aren't looking for the same activities on board that Royal Caribbean offers.

bosco

I don't care about the loyalty points. If I get them, fine, if not, I don't care. I cruise different lines for either price, itinerary, or just for seeing what other lines have to offer in the way of their ships. I'm Emerald on Royal, and that is my preferred line, but as you can see by my signature, not my only one.

We are Platinum (top tier) on Disney, 3-star on Holland, ruby on Princess, and D+ on RCL. While we may slot in a Disney, Princess, or HA cruise occasionally when the itinerary looks interesting, the perks on those lines (even at their top tier) don't come anywhere close to what we already get on RCL or Celebrity - so departure from RCL's brands is rare for us any more.

Remember you will get Elite perks on Celebrity, which in our opinions are better than Royal.

Celebrity is our choice but we have no teens any longer so we aren't looking for the same activities on board that Royal Caribbean offers.

bosco

Celebrity is definitely one of the lines that we will be trying once the kids are not sailing with us.

Hmmm

Well I’m new to cruising so here with a different perspective. Our one and only cruise so far with NCL. We had a great time. But our 2 future cruises that are booked are both different lines. RCL and then MSC. I’m honestly not sure if we will become loyal to one. I think we’ll probably look at the facilities for our 5 year old, ports the cruise visits and cost before loyalty.

Interesting question.

We have cruised with RC almost exclusively. Only one cruise on Carnival. We love RC and the ships. We are older and have no need for all the bells and whistles of the newer ships. Love Voyager class.

To mix things up we sail different itineraries, on different ships and different home ports. It has given us a lot of variety.

bosco

And remember your Elite on X crosses over to Azamara which is by far the best of the bunch!

Had tried many different lines before becoming "Loyal Royals". Some good, some not so good, some terrible. Found Royal, then strayed one more time (one of the not so good experiences) and came back to Royal.

Perks of Loyalty on RCI are better than all of them, plus as long as I have a choice to be able to drive to four different local ports to board a Royal ship...it makes it that much easier also. :cool:

Had tried many different lines before becoming "Loyal Royals". Some good, some not so good, some terrible. Found Royal, then strayed one more time (one of the not so good experiences) and came back to Royal.

Perks of Loyalty on RCI are better than all of them, plus as long as I have a choice to be able to drive to four different local ports to board a Royal ship...it makes it that much easier also. :cool:

Just looked at your signature for the first time....:o....so I have a question for you. Do you always keep a suitcase packed? :')

I don't get caught up in the loyalty program scam. What keeps me coming back to the same line is quality, value, service and itinerary. Not necessarily in that order. Princess has always been my first choice but I have since sailed on Celebrity and am now booked on Royal. These choices have been based on itinerary and being able to drive to port. Nothing saddens me more then to read a thread from a high ranking loyalists complaining about the watered down benefits, the decline in service and food quality. Then you look at their signature and they have five more cruises booked on the same line. It's amazing what people will do for some free laundry and cocktail. If you are going to continue to sail on the same line you have no right to complain.

This could be posted on the board of any brand....I see that many only sail one cruise line, in this case RCI...do you ever feel that you'd like to try another line but do not due to loyalty points, or fear of another line not being as good, or whatever? I personally like to try different ships, different lines...but that is simply a choice, and I have enjoyed every single cruise. Just wondering.

Lately we've been sticking with RC and Celebrity.

Rccl is our favorite and recently made diamond plus, but do like trying different lines and ships , we recently did a celebrity music charter which we loved and already booked same for next year, perfer suite perks on celebrity, most likely will book a msc yacht club cruise also for 2019, which also seems to have better suite perks.

I am loyal only to my wallet and right now the least expensive cruise wins. This time around I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was Royal since I do want to try all of the mainstream lines at some point.

Tried most mass market lines before ending up with RCL. Now I'm in it for the perks, mostly the free drinks:halo::cool:

Fair warning, Ken will be counting your halos while I'm gone next week.