ideas for gifts for cabin stewards on Christmas cruise

swimmingpool50

Maybe a prepaid phone card.

Have you seen the droves of crew members video chatting/wifi calling home while the ship is in port?

Phone cards are about as useful as S&H green stamps today. As are prepaid credit/debit cards--much too difficult and time consuming for the crew member to convert to cash or any form they could wire back to their families.

Cash is King.

Have you seen the droves of crew members video chatting/wifi calling home while the ship is in port?

Phone cards are about as useful as S&H green stamps today. As are prepaid credit/debit cards--much too difficult and time consuming for the crew member to convert to cash or any form they could wire back to their families.

Cash is King.

I guess I've dated myself. :') I wondered about that as soon as I posted it. Well, I tried. It is nice to know, as we arrive from our transatlantic on 22 Dec and should give our crew something for Christmas. Cash it is!

If you find cash too impersonal, the best gift a is letter written to guest services, pointing out how your cabin steward made your cruise wonderful. Staff with letters of commendation from passengers get bonuses/promotions ahead of those who don't.

If you find cash too impersonal, the best gift a is letter written to guest services, pointing out how your cabin steward made your cruise wonderful. Staff with letters of commendation from passengers get bonuses/promotions ahead of those who don't.

Bingo! If you want to give them something they will truly love show them the Consummate Host card you are submitting at Guest Services. Also assure them you will mention them positively in the post-cruise survey. Tell them you are also sending a note to Princess. Give them a copy of the note. You can attach it to email and send it to customerrelations@princesscruises.com. Put a bow on a copy and give it to them - just be aware that they may not celebrate Christmas. There is nothing more valuable to crew than that card and especially a separate note submitted. Those things get them extra time off in port, advancements in job assignments, etc.

Exactly--cash + recommendations.

The only other thing to even consider would be a food item in addition to the cash, but the problem with that is that you know nothing of possible food allergies, dietary restrictions for religious reasons, etc. They'd rather have the money than the cost of the edibles that you might think are special.

Another thing--if you are going to a store of some sort while in port (like Walmart in Ketchikan, CVS in Key West, etc.) you might ask them if there is anything they need. They are very likely to not be able to get off, and there might be something that they'd really appreciate.

We are on a cruise out of Melbourne Australia for Christmas and New years this December

we always tip our cabin stewards at the end of our trip

but wanted to give some thing wraped up for Christmas as a thank you as well

ANY IDEAS?

Yeah, the perfect wrapped up gift you could give them is CASH! Nothing else.

Really, they do not want trinkets from where you are from. Sorry, but true.

Even if you are already planning on giving them cash and an additional "thing" make it additional CASH.

Or not.

Cash is king. Although a bottle of wine or booze is probably also appreciated, in that if they don't want it they can share/gift it to a coworker. It's probably less useful for a cabin steward versus more senior staff (who have more free time to enjoy it).

When in doubt, a small local consumable and cash makes a great gift - I live in maple syrup territory, so a small bottle of local syrup makes it feel a little more personal and a crisp bill or two ensures the gift is useful.

You could look on YouTube for directions on how to fold the bills (once again CASH) into origami or some other clever folds. Then find a small collapsible box, a piece of ribbon, voila gift boxed CASH! Easy to carry doesn't take much room and you can fold before you leave home. We did this with $20 bills folded into origami cranes and left them for our cabin steward on the bed when we went to dinner. When we came back there was a little chicken made from a washcloth with a Thank You note from him. Worked well!