Bliss Diversion

TheDougOut

Love the guy "faking a heart attack" Hopefully ship security goes ahead and calls a helicopter evac and send him on his way....for his insurance company to say he was faking it and had to pay the THOUSANDS in evac costs. Would serve him right. Some people...….

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aggiesmom said:

We are sailing out on Saturday the 27th.  Haven’t seen any notifications from NCL regarding g a change.   We will be very upset if there is this kind of itinerary change and no compensation 

There is nothing to be upset about. Compensation is unnecessary. And NCL typically does not provide any substantial compensation. You signed a legally binding contract which states: 

6(c) Itinerary Deviation: The Guest agrees that the Carrier has the sole discretion and liberty to direct the movements of the vessel, including the rights to: proceed without pilots and tow, and assist other vessels in all situations; deviate from the purchased voyage or the normal course for any purpose, including, without limitation, in the interest of Guests or of the vessel, or to save life or property; put in at any unscheduled or unadvertised port; cancel any scheduled call at any port for any reason and at any time before, during or after sailing of the vessel; omit, advance or delay landing at any scheduled or advertised port; return to port of embarkation or to any port previously visited if the Carrier deems it prudent to do so; substitute another vessel or port(s) of call without prior notice and without incurring any liability to the Guest on account thereof for any loss, damage or delay whatsoever, whether consequential or otherwise. 

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

You need to read your policy carefully. The limit of recovery is $1250, but that doesn't mean that you get paid just because the itinerary changes, you still have to suffer a loss.

Wrong....we’ve been purchasing Nationwide Choice Cruise Ins for years and now switched to Nationwide Luxury plan 

The Choice plan pays $750 per person if a port is Changed or Canceled Pre cruise...on the Luxury plan it pays $1,250 per person

Counting our Upcoming Bliss Nov 3rd cruise we have/will of gotten paid 3 out of our last 4 cruises 💰💰😜

1st Cruise was when Carnival canceled Turkey on the Vista....got home and 2 weeks later had checks for $1,500 

The followering year we got $1,500  again for ports changed because of the hurricane 

Now once home from the Bliss we’ll get $2,500 

Nationwide is On Your Side 💰💰😜😜🤣

Heck now I hope for port changes Pre cruise 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Well, if this happened to us on our Oct-5 Bliss cruise (whose itinerary was also altered due to Hurricane Sergio) we could have taken BART home to Oakland, done some laundry, say hello to the pets, have some lunch at our local pizza parlor, then go back on the ship!

Edited by Brad1

Our daughter just emailed us or should I say emailed us yesterday about this: She didn't make any comment either way. We all know it is better to be safe than sorry.. I think the comment about about paying to go to Mexico is priceless. And, as for me, I would just as soon visit San Francisco as Mexico anyway. Why do so many people have to spend time griping when life cam be to short for some anyway. Ports are important, sure but cruising is still about the ship as much as the ports. 

Why in God's green earth would anyone expect compensation? 

• Like 1

To "expect" compensation seems a little self-centered. Missing/changing ports/itineraries is "disappointing " put certainly not catastrophic. 

All cruise lines are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation when determining those changes.   You just don't mess with Mother Nature, only She will win.

As for changing itineraries before sailing , remember Port Authorities can tell cruise lines if they are welcomed. Our cruise in Jan. had a change (albeit minor) due to 5 ships being scheduled into St. Thomas. 

According to this morning's news, it's a Cat 4, potentially Cat 5, hurricane.  No different than if you were doing a Caribbean sailing this time of year and there was an itinerary change to avoid Irma or any of the other storms.  It's not a frivolous change to save NCL a few dollars, or because they messed up.  Would you REALLY want to sail into a Cat 4 hurricane?  There would be a ship FULL of people demanding compensation for the rough seas, seasickness, can't go outside, tours/port days cancelled/ruined, etc, etc.

Wise decision, and that's why the captain IS the captain!

16 hours ago, cathi007 said:

BTW this is exactly why I purchased the Nationwide Luxury Cruise insurance. If you got that insurance, you would be paid 1250.00/person for the change. My Jan Escape cruise just switched our itinerary and now we will each get 1250.00 for the change. There are 6 people on my policy. Purchase that insurance next time and you will be much happier about the weather change 🙂

I don't get where your seeing this info. This is what I found..... "If the cruise line changes your itinerary after your departure and you have secured pre-paid excursions, this plan will provide a one time payment up to $1,000 for incurred expenses (see coverage details below)"

It says After your cruise departure, not before. Maybe I'm not seeing the correct info

21 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

I would not be very happy with the change, but mostly because I got to SF all the time since it's only about an hour from home. I wonder if the weather will affect next weeks sailing too. Either way I am more on this cruise for the ship than the ports. 

What's you plan in SF? 

I'm thinking our sailing will be changed too.  If a Cat4 or 5 hits PV or Mazitlan I can't see the ship going in there. Those places will be wrecked.  I'de be fine parking in Cabo for 3 days tho, Much prefer cabo to the other two stops.  I won't be too happy if we stop in Ensenada and will probably just stay on the ship if that happens.  We are also on this cruise to see the ship more than the ports. Done Mexico loads of times.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, perrmerrcruiser said:

Dougout – Please say you are doing a live report of this NCL Bliss diversion trip!! 

Yours are the best! 

(Your Bliss TA was what convinced hubby to take the Pacific Coastal we recently returned from.) 

I need to live vicariously through you this week as I’m pretty entrenched in the day-to-day of real life

and could really use a diversion. 

Ha! Ha!  I’m sure I’m not the only one! J

WE are also following the Dougout.

Edited by $hip$hape

If Mazatlan gets damaged due to the hurricane our Bliss Panama Canal cruise November 3 scheduled to port there will no longer port there and honestly I would not be able to stand another sea day so I'm hoping NCL substitutes  that port should it be missed. We've already gone through 2 itinerary changes on this cruise and don't wish for a 3rd one.

It's been updated to a category 5 this morning.

Edited by Georgie562

13 hours ago, LaCal said:

Wrong....we’ve been purchasing Nationwide Choice Cruise Ins for years and now switched to Nationwide Luxury plan 

The Choice plan pays $750 per person if a port is Changed or Canceled Pre cruise...on the Luxury plan it pays $1,250 per person

Counting our Upcoming Bliss Nov 3rd cruise we have/will of gotten paid 3 out of our last 4 cruises 💰💰😜

1st Cruise was when Carnival canceled Turkey on the Vista....got home and 2 weeks later had checks for $1,500 

The followering year we got $1,500  again for ports changed because of the hurricane 

Now once home from the Bliss we’ll get $2,500 

Nationwide is On Your Side 💰💰😜😜🤣

Heck now I hope for port changes Pre cruise 🤣🤣

I am so excited, there are 6 of us on my Luxury plan 🙂

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I don't get where your seeing this info. This is what I found..... "If the cruise line changes your itinerary after your departure and you have secured pre-paid excursions, this plan will provide a one time payment up to $1,000 for incurred expenses (see coverage details below)"

It says After your cruise departure, not before. Maybe I'm not seeing the correct info

It's because you live in PA, and you are exempt from that particular coverage. I live in CT, so I was offered it and I took it.

This is from Nationwide (MY Plan)

ITINERARY CHANGE In the event a Cruise makes a Change in Your Trip Itinerary prior to Your actual departure date we will pay up to the Maximum Benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage. Change in Your Trip Itinerary shall mean the Cruise has a documented change of Port of Call from the scheduled itinerary. Verification by the Cruise of the change in the scheduled Trip Itinerary will be necessary for claim payment. There are certain states that don't qualify, PA is one, sorry

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

22 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

So long as weather exists, itinerary changes will happen.  As to why people cheered... we went from the unknown to finding out we’ll be visiting a great city.  Most of the people I’ve interacted with are looking forward to the stop.  This obviously isn’t a great change for those passengers from the area.

San Francisco is a great city?  Watch out for all the used needles and feces on the ground. Have fun watching all the homeless drug addicts wander around.

23 hours ago, aggiesmom said:

We are sailing out on Saturday the 27th.  Haven’t seen any notifications from NCL regarding g a change.   We will be very upset if there is this kind of itinerary change and no compensation 

We are also sailing on the 27th.  Any idea how to get more information?  I am new to cruising.

5 minutes ago, bearturtle said:

We are also sailing on the 27th.  Any idea how to get more information?  I am new to cruising.

Norwegian hasn't  altered the Oct 27 sailing yet but if this hurricane leaves destruction they might. So just keep an eye out on your email and the NCL website later this week. The hurricane is supposed to hit land tomorrow so theres really no way in telling yet how much damage and if Norwegian will change the itinerary due to the damage.

Edited by Georgie562

1 minute ago, Georgie562 said:

Norwegian hasn't  altered the Oct 27 sailing yet but if this hurricane leaves destruction they might. So just keep an eye out on your email and the NCL website later this week. The hurricane is supposed to hit land tomorrow so theres really no way in telling yet how much damage and if Norwegian will change the itinerary due to the damage.

Thanks