Taking food/snacks to your cabin?

Wishing on a star

It has been a while, and I wonder if this is now against some kind of policy.

We had a late supper reservation once, and I stopped at the buffet and took some pre-dinner appetizer snacks to our cabin to enjoy with some wine, before we got ready for supper.

Is this still possible,  or is this now frowned upon, against policy?

The Regal in specific.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why not ? - why wait until Stewart comes the next time ?

Because dishes and plates in the hallway become a hazard for people with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs or scooters. 

Just call room service for pick up. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I think it's fine.  I was on a May cruise and had no mean stares when I did this.  I sometimes do this with breakfast items also.

are ya in your P J's ?

It all depends on who you share your cabin with.  I once caught hell from my wife for taking a slice of pizza to our cabin.  She said it made the cabin smell like a Pizza Hut.  Personally, I don't see that as a bad thing.

I also heartily agree that you should not put your dishes out in the hallway.  Doing so creates a safety issue.

I usually go to the buffet for a leisurely breakfast, and after I am finished, I will often grab my wife's breakfast and bring it back to the cabin for her.  I later return the dirty dishes to the buffet -- I don't like the dirty dishes in the cabin.

We also will bring cookies to the cabin from the IC.

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

It has been a while, and I wonder if this is now against some kind of policy.

We had a late supper reservation once, and I stopped at the buffet and took some pre-dinner appetizer snacks to our cabin to enjoy with some wine, before we got ready for supper.

Is this still possible,  or is this now frowned upon, against policy?

The Regal in specific.

Thanks!

We take food to our cabin all the time from Lido.  I usually go up around 5:00 when the buffet opens and get some snacks.  We have wine on our balcony.  Sometimes we don't even go have dinner as the snacks fill us up.  We take advantage of our balcony  fully.  Also, we do not leave dishes outside our door on the floor.  if our cabin steward's cart is in the hall way, I put the dirty dishes on the bottom of his cart.  One of my pet peeves on cruises, dirty dishes outside a cabin door.

Edited by elliair

5 hours ago, kjg46 said:

Just one thing, Please don't put the dirty dishes out in the hall.

All the best. Enjoy your cruise.

Exactly!  I never understood why people leave their dirty dishes and half-eaten food outside their door.  Do they do that at home?

16 minutes ago, elliair said:

if our cabin steward's cart is in the hall way, I put the dirty dishes on the bottom of his cart.  One of my pet peeves on cruises, dirty dishes outside a cabin door.

That is not cool. He/she is not room service. He has enough to do without everyone piling dirty dishes on his/her cart. Pick up the phone and call room service.   🙁

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That is not cool. He/she is not room service. He has enough to do without everyone piling dirty dishes on his/her cart. Pick up the phone and call room service.   🙁

Sure "it's cool," our room steward (if we leave the dishes in the room), takes the dirty dishes and puts them on his cart.  We've never been told not to, I only make his job easier for him.  I won't call room service and wait for someone to show up to take the dirty dishes away.  IMHO, that's just wrong.  One way or another they aren't going to be sitting on the floor in the hallways outside my door.  That's not cool.