Izumi $49.99 - No longer a la carte?

twangster

44 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

You have posted this four times.

Ok so I am really confused now. I bought the UDP for Harmony. So did I really just get a 35 credit at each restaurant? Or is it as I thought, that it covers Chops, Giovanni, etc..So if I want to eat at Wonderland, what am I getting and what am I paying ?And what restaurant is open when I board, Chops? 

You are fully covered at each restaurant.  The $35 only applies to those restaurants that have a la carte pricing.

You get the full meal at WonderLand, no extra charge.

Chops and Jamies should both be open on boarding day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Is wonderland a la carte? what about 150, are these covered by my dining plan or am I paying over the 35?

Neither of those are a la carte. They are covered.

the only restaurants that were a la carte were Izumi and Sabor.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I dropped by Izumi to ask how it will work tomorrow for my UDP visit tomorrow here on Oasis.  

I booked UDP during the Izumi $50 fixed price days with the UDP terms and conditions modified to remove any reference of cover charge.

I'll get a $35 credit like the old days.  

It's almost like the ship never heard of the fixed price thing and with it now absent from the cruise planner it makes me wonder if it was pulled quickly based on the immediate and inevitable feedback such a price point seemed to demand.  

At any rate, back to Izumi business as usual.  

It's still $49 for my Harmony cruise in Jan.  It also shows available pre cruise only.  Does this mean onboard it's a la carte?

I am on Harmony for a 3 day and bought the UDP. I do not want Sabor as my first night.If I get on board and thats what it is, will they switch it? I do not care to where.

When we were on Freedom last week ,we had the bogo and they booked us into Chops. I did not want that, we wanted Sabor.They happily switched us. I was not impressed and do not want to go again . It would be great for lunch but not dinner.

5 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

I am on Harmony for a 3 day and bought the UDP. I do not want Sabor as my first night.If I get on board and thats what it is, will they switch it? I do not care to where.

When we were on Freedom last week ,we had the bogo and they booked us into Chops. I did not want that, we wanted Sabor.They happily switched us. I was not impressed and do not want to go again . It would be great for lunch but not dinner.

Yes you can switch it.

Not a single one of the specialty restaurants is worth the price charged if it stood alone someplace, and doubly so not worth the price charged as a supplement over what you're basically paying for the main dining room or Windjammer buffet in your cruise fare. I just laugh at the price of Izumi now if that goes fleet-wide; that's the least-visited restaurant I see on Anthem, every single cruise. And it's tiny.

• Like 1

I think its all perspective and what you value. I would consider many of the meals I've had on ships to be very memorable. worth every penny. But I dislike buffets and only think they're good for breakfast. Yes , that price seems high as a supplement but we spend more than that eating sushi at our favorite place in town. And it doesn't include lodging.

I just had to pick myself up off the floor with laughter.

If they maintain this price onboard then I will no longer be going to Izumi. I often go there for lunch and the occasional dinner - my usual lunch order of the firecracker spring rolls and the nabeyaki udon comes to around $23.

Four of us had lunch there last week on Ovation at a la carte pricing and it was about USD$100 for plenty of food. Under this pricing structure it has literally doubled.

There are plenty of amazing Japanese restaurants within walking distance of where I live in Sydney so I guess I'll just skip it when cruising...

izumi.thumb.PNG.b122a69cb6371bdb48975c4e11f08b82.PNG

• Like 1

Just off of Brilliance on Monday, and the a la carte menu was the only one offered in Izumi - they don't have a hibachi set up. We always do a to go order on the last night of the cruise, and when we picked it up at 7PM, Izumi was completely full and people were waiting for tables to clear so they could be seated. On Oasis in September they had two menus - one for Hibachi, and a second one "Izumi Express", for a la carte sushi. The sushi side is usually empty, and the hibachi side only has two stations, so when it fills, it fills up quickly. We rarely see either side with any crowds when we go in to pick up our order, and we usually do two sushi "picnics" on Oasis cruises.

Edited by orville99

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

Not a single one of the specialty restaurants is worth the price charged if it stood alone someplace, and doubly so not worth the price charged as a supplement over what you're basically paying for the main dining room or Windjammer buffet in your cruise fare. I just laugh at the price of Izumi now if that goes fleet-wide; that's the least-visited restaurant I see on Anthem, every single cruise. And it's tiny.

Really?  You can speak for EVERY cruiser?

Might as well do the sushi roll class...at least you get sushi cheaper, have fun and get sake! 

But yeah, Izumi also removed from my cruise planner for Navigator in April. But they also haven't added Hooked yet either...unless no reservations ever required for there?

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

1 minute ago, SRF said:

Facts are facts. Izumi was the least visted when I was on Anthem, both times. Increasing the price is definitely not how to get passengers in!

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

They wrote the words, it's their opinion.  I disagree, so do you.  That's okay, we are allowed to voice our personal opinions even if they aren't the same as ours.

24 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

So can we, or can we not, go to Izumi as one of our 3 night dining package nights? 

You can go to Izumi (sushi) and I would go assuming you'll get a $35 per person food credit.  Izumi Hibachi is not normally included in a dining package but might be with restrictions.

• Thanks 1

We went to Izumi last week on Anthem. It was disappointing. Easily the worst of the specialty restaurants on Anthem. The prices are more expensive than on-land sushi restaurants, and the quality of the fish is worse. We ended up ordering very little and going to Windjammer after. If people are like us and decide the sushi isn't worth the price, order less, and then go to Windjammer, that might be why they are moving to price fixed. I think for 4 of us we spent 80 dollars. I was still hungry, but I wasn't going to order more. 

Now that I'm home I can have better sushi for less money.

Very confused by this change. We have Izumi booked for Christmas Eve on the Vision but if they no longer have hot rocks, we will need to make other arrangements. Neither my husband or I eat actual sushi but loved the hot rocks. Of course, Royal is now charging $80 per person for Christmas Eve dinners at the other specialty restaurants. Seems like the only addition to the regular menu is a glass of champagne. For the additional $100, I could buy a bottle of champagne. LOL.  May end up in the main dinning room for Christmas Eve.