What do you like most about Crusing with Princess

getting older slowly

I feel we need positive thread......

ie the Glass is half full not half empty

a little humour... LOL etc  

So what you like most, or enjoy about Cruising........ on a princess ship ( or row boat )

The service.... 99% of crew are great, friendly and helpful

Being on the Ship   cut off from the world

The Cabin  standing on balcony watching the sea and sunrise

The Crown Grill..  only ever have great meals there

What floats your boat ( yes I know ship, and it's water )

Cheers Don

• Like 5

Agree, happy going on my 26th Princess cruise in march, have two more booked, so Princess must be doing a lot right.

Love mini suites, room service, Crown Grill, even the buffet.  We have visited some amazing places on cruises: most of Europe, the middle east, the carribean, mexico, hawaii, alaska, Canada, south america.  Love being at sea.  love free internet, mini bar set up in our cabin....fish and chips lunch at Crown Grill.   Love going out of San Francisco our home port.  

When we are on as a couple, we love being together and forgetting about work etc. for a while. We enjoy Vines, Alfredo's, the crew, the Crown Grill, the other passengers, trivia, the MDR, the buffet, the shows, English Pub days, MUTS,  sea days, port days, game shows, the ice cream bar, the wine package and the freshwater swimming pools. It feels like it did when were we were first going out. 

On cruises when we bring our children, we enjoy the safe environment where they can have a great time despite their age spread. They are 10, 12, 17, 19 and 21. All of them have a great time. Having a venue that allows that to happen is not always easy to find. The younger ones love the kids' clubs. They all love the pools, the sports court and the pizza, hamburger and ice cream stands. It is a great family vacation. We are going again in August to Alaska.

I like the anticipation. Knowing the date and departure are certain but the unknown being whom we will meet. Will we hit it off with acquaintances ?  Will we run into old friends from past adventures at sea?  We like to meet new people. We like to interact with people. Going ashore with new found friends and experiencing the adventure and discoveries yet to be found and then returning to the ship and sharing those adventures over cocktails or dinning. Cruising on Princess has given us the opportunity to take life to new and exciting levels

• Like 1

Excellent cabin stewards.  They are always so friendly. 

We also think the bar service is exceptional.  

We also like that the buffet stewards are so efficient.  

There’s a lot to like about Princess. 

• Like 1

Reading the replies, and get even more excited about our next cruise on the 25th of this month....

yes I know it on the Golden again.... going to New Zealand again... in a cabin we have been in before......

One just can't wait.... agree with c-boy whom shall we meet, and Glenn I will get two glass  or better still a bottle...... I am all ready tasting our first dinner on board... crown grill with a great steak and good bottle of red..... and going bed later... knowing If I wish I can do the same thing again tomorrow..... but wait there in breakfast and lunch first..... so many choices    

Oh  15 days 18 hours till on board... who's counting

Cheers Don

ps HaveDogWillTravel   enjoy your cruise in 6 days... it is now a minutes closer

Edited by getting older slowly
added something

The Carnival Stock Shareholder Benefit offers $250 of OBC over and above everything else...

The Military Benefit offers yet ANOTHER $250 of OBC over and above everything else...

Right now, the 15 night Emerald Princess T/A on 3 May is discounted to $854pp for an inside...

And Princess EZ Air is offering return flights from Barcelona for about $370pp...

Put those four things together and it makes for a great deal on two weeks of fantastic vacation.

And that's not counting Happy Hour in Skywalker's, Pizza or French Fries during MUTS, the great  music in Crooner's, Future Cruise Credits ... and to top it all off... incredible Mudslide Martinis! 

YUP!  I am definitely a big fan of Princess Cruises!

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 3

We first sailed with Princess in 2005.  Next year we will complete our 26th cruise with Princess.  We have been on other cruise lines but we found there is something about the feeling on the Princess Cruise that is missing from the other lines, some intangible quality.  I love the ships, all of them!  The staff is always gracious and helpful.  They always have itineraries that peek our interest so we don't have to search for alternatives. 

Princess puts together some good sales that we can take advantage of and benefits like OBC and programs like shareholder benefits and Future Cruise Credits all contribute to a great package deal.

Like "Reader0108598" just said, "I love when I first see the ship, never gets old!"  Amen to that!!

Thank you Getting Older for starting this thread!

I love the understated elegance of a Princess ship, that my first step into the Piazza still takes my breath away. I love the fact that we can always find a quiet spot to either sunbathe, read or just reconnect as a couple. I love that there are so many dining choices and that so many of them are included and those that aren't are still very affordable. I absolutely adore Crooners for a before dinner drink (or drinks 😉), getting to know the bartenders and telling them to surprise me while DH enjoys his extra dirty martini.

Should I even mention Alaska on the Coral? I've traveled the world and yet this still stands out as one of the best vacations I have ever had. Princess just does Alaska right.

Princess is easily affordable. There are price points for every budget. BIL and SIL both retired last year and are on a tight fixed budget. We decided to wait for a good "drop and go" and purchased a cabin for them on our upcoming cruise and snagged an inside for $500 pp. Seriously, how can you beat that for an entire week's vacation?!?

We started cruising with Princess when DH and I had six kids between us who were still in their teens and early twenties and all living at home. I was still in my forties, DH was in his early fifties. We had sailed on RCCL for our first cruise together (without children) and found that the experience was too much like home - there were just too many loud children and rowdy twenty somethings disturbing our peace. In addition, we both had extremely stressful jobs and needed a vacation that allowed us to truly get away from it all. Our TA at the time recommended Princess and we never looked back.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

At this moment I’m the caretaker for two family members. Princess takes care of me and I am really looking forward to my cruise in 6 days.  

My respect and empathy to you. No-one can truly understand until it happens to them. I am currently the caretaker for my 93 year old mother who is suffering from dementia and getting worse every day. I am living on these boards as a distraction and am also really looking forward to our cruise in 15 days.....but who's counting😊?

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

My respect and empathy to you. No-one can truly understand until it happens to them. I am currently the caretaker of my 93 year old mother who is suffering from dementia and getting worse every day. I am living on these boards as a distraction and also am really looking forward to our cruise in 15 days.....but who's counting😊?

I understand. My mom has the same issues. She has no memory of the trips we took her on. Makes me more determined to live while we can, and Princess is a big part of that. Princess is a great middle ground for us. Not too rowdy and not too snooty. With such a large choice of itineraries and great past guest program, I can't see going to another line anytime soon. 

• Like 1

I have cruised on many lines many times but I keep coming back to Princess because I feel the most comfortable on their ships. I like how they look and I have always had great service on Princess ships. I will be returning to Princess for B2B2B in Oct on the Regal. 

• Like 1

We love everything Princess & especially that we can drive to San Pedro ,Ca port :classic_biggrin: .We have 4 future cruises booked all out of San Pedro ,Ca (near LA) .First cruise is Alaska Sept 17th R/T San Pedro on royal Princess  ,then Dec 4th  on Star Princess R/T Hawaii ,Next April 2020 , a B2B  with 1st 7 day cruise Mexican Riviera & 2nd 7 day   cruise up the coast of California R/T :classic_biggrin:

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

The moment when you first get on board and open your stateroom door for the first time.  Its like....ahhhh, I am back at home.  We also like getting dressed for dinner, being waited on hand and foot, having the same waiter and busboy every night who have you drink ready when you sit down,  and the fun conversation with our cruise mates.

I love Alfredo’s, the International Cafe, afternoon tea, the entertainment and evening shows, the wonderful service from the awesome crew.  I love the Princess decor and the feeling of returning for another adventure...balanced with fun and relaxation.   

Edited by mthomp5

Thanks for starting this thread! We’ll be on our first Princess cruise in June - we’re sailing on the Coral to Alaska and then doing a land tour - and it’s so disheartening to read all the negativity on these boards sometimes.  It’s a refreshing change to hear what everyone loves about Princess! Cruising is my happy place, and I’m looking forward to loving our first Princess trip! I’ve even already booked our 2nd with Princess on the Sky in January 2020 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StrawberryHill said:

The moment when you first get on board and open your stateroom door for the first time.  Its like....ahhhh, I am back at home. 

So true you are StrawberryHill....   It doesn't matter how many times..... it is still a buzz.... Actually we get the OMG moment when we see the ship sitting there as we drive up.....

We both feel lucky to be able to go cruising...

Cheers Don

This discussion is a wonderful breath of fresh air. We enjoy the relaxation, the itineraries, the ships, the service, the food, the reasonable cruise fares, the ability to rebook or refare cruises & air if fares drop. A princess cruise is my happy place. ☺

Princess has a variety of entertainment and lots of activities throughout the day. HAL, in particular, has cut back on those. In terms of service, I find it just as friendly and competent for the most part on other cruise lines. The food on HAL and Celebrity is also very good.