SAD DAY

ROXY GIRL

Last time we left the Miami port and carried our luggage off, I think we were in our car on the highway sometime before 8 AM.

You should be okay making a 10 AM flight, but I would never suggest cutting it that close.

Any delay and you would miss your flight.  If I recall correctly, Plat/Diamond self assist disembark first, followed by FTTF self assist.  Unless you are in one of those two groups, you would be behind several other folks already.  Add in possibility of late arrival to port, late start to disembarkation, traffic issues, possible delays in clearing security at airport...I wouldn't risk it myself.

14 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We have carried off our luggage and made a 9:30 and 9:50 flight out of FLL. You should be fine.

Was it Port Everglades or Port of Miami--that would make a big difference.

34 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Are you sure it is only for international flights?

pretty sure, never seen a kiosk at domestic entry port

What is Global Entry?

Global Entry is a program run by the US Govt. that allows fast entry into the country at all airports in the United States. When you arrive at the airport, instead of heading for the queues, you head for the Global Entry kiosk where you present either your passport of US resident card, scan your fingertips for verification, and you’re on your way. You’ll be issued with a transaction receipt and directed to the correct baggage reclaim.

Make sure to go to Guest services and have them put you on the first groups out. For those who say that they will not let you go with the plat. tell my friends daughter who got off at 700 am last month. hey will work with you if they can. We were at FLL by 915 with an accident slowing us down for 45 min

1 hour ago, coevan said:

pretty sure, never seen a kiosk at domestic entry port

What is Global Entry?

Global Entry is a program run by the US Govt. that allows fast entry into the country at all airports in the United States. When you arrive at the airport, instead of heading for the queues, you head for the Global Entry kiosk where you present either your passport of US resident card, scan your fingertips for verification, and you’re on your way. You’ll be issued with a transaction receipt and directed to the correct baggage reclaim.

I am almost positive that we used it in Miami for our Horizon cruise but things tend to blend together after a while......

yes, Jimbo, for some reason Carnival has a Global Entry line we have used.  However, it's main function is for international travel. When we came back from St.Lucia, land trip, and the customs line was deep, GE was empty, we loved it. 

9 minutes ago, coevan said:

yes, Jimbo, for some reason Carnival has a Global Entry line we have used.  However, it's main function is for international travel. When we came back from St.Lucia, land trip, and the customs line was deep, GE was empty, we loved it. 

Understand, we love it also!

1 hour ago, coevan said:

If I am correct, Global Entry is good at a few, select ports, with Miami being one of them. Helps you get out of the port easier. At the airport, GE won't do you much good from Miami, but it does include TSA precheck, which may help. Even with both of those, 10 am is tight. 

And yes, few things are worse than that debarkation day. You were having so much fun, now you have to figure out all of this nonsense to get back to normal life. Makes me want to turn the caps lock on too.

This is why we would never do a side by side. Going through that nightmare twice is not something we would look forward to do.  We travel internationally and GE was the best travel investment we ever made. 

• Like 1

If you have an early flight, definitely take your flight information to guest services before the end of your cruise.  They should have a waiting area for people with early flights.  When I cruised on the Vista out of Miami, we were able to wait with the people who had FTTF and exited the ship at the same time.  On another cruise, they had a separate waiting area for early flights.