Azamara Toiletry Campaign

CA Oceanfront

Hi CA oceanfront,

What you've received is from our Hotel Department. AZAMARA is dedicated to improving our sustainability, both ashore and onboard the ships, and and looking for guest preferences re. the in room amenities. 

We do thank you for your help. 💕

All the best,

Bonnie

P.S. I wish I'd received the samples to try!

24 minutes ago, gonecroozin said:

That’s interesting. I am looking forward to your thoughts on both of these brands.

I am glad they are thinking of changing the toiletries. I really don’t like the current ones.

Azamara used Elemis for many years. I guess everything old is new again.

The big change here is the use of dispensers instead of individual bottles. I think I'll continue to bring toiletries with me. That way I'll have the brands I prefer and they'll be in closed containers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Not a lover of Malin & Goetz personally.  The new Elemis stuff is nice (these are the old range), but not a patch on Bvlgari. 

I  like the smell and will use both body washes.  My hair like my conditioner but I will use the shampoo to test out. tried the lotion of M&G  - arms were still dry.  

But i will l=test everything to write my comments

• Like 1

It does make me smile that they’ve accompanied their letter about the reduction of little plastic bottles with... more little plastic bottles!  😄

I always liked the Elemis products when they had them before.  I hope they go back to those.

• Like 1

When I started sailing on Azamara, I was really impressed by the Elemis 

products. The containers were larger than the usual small bottles that you got on  other cruise lines. It was really luxurious.  The products worked well.  Sadly, the next cruise, Elemis had been replaced by About Rose. The scent was overwhelming.  Eco boutique followed About Rose.  I now travel with my own products. I never expect to find the same products on future cruises or at hotels.   My favorite cruise toiletry line is Bvlgari on Oceania. Oceania has a variety of 4 different scented Bvlgari products.  Something that should please everyone. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

When I started sailing on Azamara, I was really impressed by the Elemis 

products. The containers were larger than the usual small bottles that you got on  other cruise lines. It was really luxurious.  The products worked well.  Sadly, the next cruise, Elemis had been replaced by About Rose. The scent was overwhelming.  Eco boutique followed About Rose.  I now travel with my own products. I never expect to find the same products on future cruises or at hotels.   My favorite cruise toiletry line is Bvlgari on Oceania. Oceania has a variety of 4 different scented Bvlgari products.  Something that should please everyone. 

Love Bvlgari.  If Azamara want to go with a British make which highlights the natural products of the British Isles, they should look at The Noble Isle range which do the decanter sizes.  All sourced from UK regions such as Gloucester Pears, Yorkshire Rhubarb, and they smell divine and are very good products.  They also do gorgeous gift packs to retail.

https://www.nobleisle.com/

Elemis whilst lovely is a little old hat!

Edited by Werangels
  • Like 1

Well I much prefer L'Occitane products and will continue to bring my own. Elemis products bring me out in a rash and I dislike the scent of Malin &Goetz. Tried them in a hotel recently and really didn't like them. The shampoo left my hair like straw and I have really easy hair to look after. 

I suppose you can't please everyone! 

• Like 1

I am with you on that bar or soap. I love to wrap my hand around a big bar of soap. I have noticed that some hotels and cruises are using small soaps. The worst was a bar with twigs in it. It cut my skin. At my age, I don’t need to exfoliate. I just want to clean my skin. Add a bar of soap to my packing list.  I also like L’Occitane products. Just did b2b on Windstar.  It was my 8th time cruising on Windstar.  They have always had L’Occitane. At the end of the cruise, cabin steward gave us some extra toiletries to take home with us. He said think of us when you use them.  We did and booked another Windstar cruise. That is a classy way to persuade guests to book again. 

43 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Well I much prefer L'Occitane products and will continue to bring my own. Elemis products bring me out in a rash and I dislike the scent of Malin &Goetz. Tried them in a hotel recently and really didn't like them. The shampoo left my hair like straw and I have really easy hair to look after. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

This subject is, frankly, subjective.  We had to throw out the L'Occitane stuff they gave us on Windstar because the strong smell drove my wife crazy.  The ship had to buy odor-free stuff for us in Greenland, of all places.  Not an easy assignment.  And the finicky little flip tops on the L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner containers are difficult to manipulate in the shower.  But some think they look classy.

Never had an issue with About Rose or Eco-Boutique.  In my view, people are too hung up on brand names.

As I said, you just can't please everyone. 😄

I don't find any L'Occitane produce difficult to open and I love the smell of all the varieties...except the Lavender which I can't stand. 

It has nothing to do with brand names either. I have used L'Occitane for many years at home ....long before it became so popular. 

Really didn't like About Rose and never tried the Eco one because I always bring my own L'Occitane products. It's no big deal. 

2 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

I think it’s great that Azamara is reducing plastics! Good thinking.  Next - try to figure out how to eliminate all those water bottles.  Perhaps a water bottle instead of bag?  

We have suggested exactly that in both onboard communications and in voyage reviews here on CC (most recently on the Pursuit). The water bottle issue could easily be fixed by installing a few refill stations that are everywhere now. Azamara cannot claim to be environmentally friendly whilst still introducing thousands of single use plastic bottles each week. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lottie A said:

I just stock up in DC with my face cream and hand cream. Love to find the products in hotels, I no longer live near a store but have to order online. Love any scent I can find.

3 hours ago, jkadventures said:

We have suggested exactly that in both onboard communications and in voyage reviews here on CC (most recently on the Pursuit). The water bottle issue could easily be fixed by installing a few refill stations that are everywhere now. Azamara cannot claim to be environmentally friendly whilst still introducing thousands of single use plastic bottles each week. 

I have taken in the last couple of cruises, my own stainless steel water bottle and refill it from windows refill station as I need it.....I'm trying to do my bit.....

• Like 1

I applaud Azamara for trying to be more environmentally friendly. I also think it much easier to use shower gel, shampoo etc from a dispenser. I wear glasses and, with the little bottles all looking similar, I have problems fiddling about trying to see which bottle is which when I’m in the shower.

• Like 3

I welcome that new products are being checked out.  I’m not so keen on the dispenser idea, smacks of budget chain not premium if I reflect on land based experiences but I do agree maybe different coloured lettering on bottles would help. 

Applaud the effort to reduce plastic use onboard, however filling personal water bottles from the current water dispensers does present a hygiene risk and is the quickest way to spread things like norovirus. Some lines have banned refilling personal water bottles from these dispensers and fountains.

What it would require is the addition of water bottle filling machines where there is no chance of the bottles coming into contact with the dispense head. If we are refilling a bottle we do it from the taps in the cabin adding ice if required not a public dispenser.

• Like 5

I Always decant my own products into the reusable GO Travel Squeezy bottles.

It’s so easy to get the product out, unlike the small hard bottles they use in the cabins. They really frustrate me.

I forgot to take my own wash bag to the Sanctum spa on my last visit, so I just used the products in the dispensers and found them really easy to use.

I must say my hair and skin do not seem to like the water on the ship, no matter what products I use. My hair is always lifeless and frizzy by about day 3 of a cruise.

46 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Applaud the effort to reduce plastic use onboard, however filling personal water bottles from the current water dispensers does present a hygiene risk and is the quickest way to spread things like norovirus. Some lines have banned refilling personal water bottles from these dispensers and fountains.

What it would require is the addition of water bottle filling machines where there is no chance of the bottles coming into contact with the dispense head. If we are refilling a bottle we do it from the taps in the cabin adding ice if required not a public dispenser.

I might be imagining this, but have a feeling there are plans afoot with Azamara to do away with the one use plastic bottles and have personal aluminium bottles with a hygienic dispenser system. 

Phil

• Like 4