Cruise Fashion Question for Women

What do most women wear daily on the cruise? I plan on spending most of the day in my bathing suit out by the pool, but what to wear indoors when walking around ship? Do most people dress up during the day? Or will a casual maxi dress and flip flops suffice? 

Post your favorite online cruise wear shopping websites so I can start shopping!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Depends where you are cruising.  Assuming Caribbean, maxi dress, sandals, shorts, Capri pants, long pants. Also depends on where you are going to be and temperatures. Air conditioning can be cool for example indoors if you are just sitting watching a show. If you are outside, but not by the pool, it’s going to be hot. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input! I just spent the day online and spent a small fortune on cute dresses and smart casual wear, even though I will probably end up in my bikini and flip flops most of the day, at least I will have a few dress options to throw on when strolling around the ship. I am SOOOO excited for this cruise! I have had a traumatic year and suffered an unexpected tragic loss of my husband. This is my starting over point after 16 months of grieving. I can't wait for the fresh air, sun, cocktails and escape from my life...even if only for a week. Sigh, I guess I have to start somewhere.

Thanks for all the tips!

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, amg3miami said:

Thanks for all the input! I just spent the day online and spent a small fortune on cute dresses and smart casual wear, even though I will probably end up in my bikini and flip flops most of the day, at least I will have a few dress options to throw on when strolling around the ship. I am SOOOO excited for this cruise! I have had a traumatic year and suffered an unexpected tragic loss of my husband. This is my starting over point after 16 months of grieving. I can't wait for the fresh air, sun, cocktails and escape from my life...even if only for a week. Sigh, I guess I have to start somewhere.

Thanks for all the tips!

You need and deserve this.  Have a fantastic vacation.

• Like 2

Condolences for your loss.

I agree with all the postings here...day time is very casual on board and a lot will depend on what you are doing during the day. I don't recall anyone mentioning anything more about cover ups? Often times you will see people in their swim suits with something layered over their suit for going into the buffet or to partake in an activity (like trivia). I've found that I like to have one or two different things that are really specifically for covering up. I've used something as simple as a huge scarf tied up sarong style for just going to and from the stateroom and the pool/hot tubs...but I've also used an easy pullover dress style cover up to feel more comfortable (personal choice) in the buffet or elsewhere on ship. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the well wishes and kind thoughts! It's been a very dark, sad year. I hope I don't feel lonely being single on the cruise. I will be traveling with my mother, but no significant other, which is foreign to me. This will be my first social outing since his passing and am looking forward to the sun, socializing (hopefully) and relaxing distraction of being on vacation.

I'll be cruising on September 28th on the Symphony. I've been on Oasis and Allure several times in the past, so I am looking forward to seeing the nuances of this newest ship. I've never been to Coco Cay and I am really excited about seeing what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

I like the stretchy maxi dresses. I am always cold inside the ship. These are great too because after changing from my swim wear I can put one on and been done for the day. No changing for dinner. Another benefit, no wrinkles. Easy, peasy.  

• Like 1

Wishing you healing and happiness.

I like to dress up more than some people.  One thing I do is wear a cute sundress to dinner (on non-formal nights) with dressy sandals, nice jewelry and a shawl or shrug.  Then the next day I wear it again with flip-flops and fun jewelry.  You should wear whatever makes you happy!

• Like 1

I'm currently packing for my Alaska cruise on Ovation, and now I'm wondering if I'm preparing to overdress. I have all dressy slacks and dressy blouses like I'd wear to work in an office, nothing much in the way of casual. I cruise Princess a few months ago and that might be an older demographic than RCI. Am I right? Maybe I'd do better to put in some more casual blouses and nice jeans.

• Like 1