IRONS IN THE ROOM

Heimey

I know this has probably been asked before. Did a quick search. Couldn’t find what I was looking for. I think I’ve read before Celebrity doesn’t have laundry rooms for everyone’s use. Do they have irons in the rooms. 

Thanks in advance 

Heimey

And don't even think of bringing your own.  You will be sent to the 'naughty room' and will be able to pick it up when you leave the ship.  There were 2 tables full of confiscated items on our last cruise.  

The ship has a laundry, pressing, and dry cleaning service, all for a fee. Try to avoid bringing anything that wrinkles easily. Hanging the article in the bathroom and allowing it to "steam" while having a hot shower can help shake some of the wrinkles out, but it won't help with creases. I also bring a bottle of Wrinkle Release with me.

1 hour ago, Heimey said:

I know this has probably been asked before. Did a quick search. Couldn’t find what I was looking for. I think I’ve read before Celebrity doesn’t have laundry rooms for everyone’s use. Do they have irons in the rooms. 

Thankfully, NO.

If they had an iron in my room, I might feel obligated to use it, and ironing is something  I have absolutely no desire to waste any of my precious, limited cruise vacation time doing. 😁

1 hour ago, Heimey said:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On an Aussie Facebook Page for Celebrity it has been stated that steamers that have no metal plate are allowed. Can anybody confirm or refute this from direct experience (rather than what they believe/have been told by others)? TIA.

Steamers are on the list of banned items, which means they may be confiscated.  A Facebook post isn't going to override that.  There's always a table full of such items removed from luggage for people to pick up at the port exit. 

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, steamers, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.

Things to try. Ship pressing service,  

Downy Wrinkle Release spray or make your own with water and a little liquid fabric softener in a bottle with a fine spray,  

Bring a fine spray  bottle and use water to mist the wrinkle and then zap it with your hairdryer on high heat, ( best for cotton type fabrics),

Hang wrinkled clothes in the closed bathroom and turn on the shower on hottest setting with shower door open and let the shower steam remove the wrinkles,  

Some cuffs, sleeves and collars might be able to be ironed with a hair straightener.

Pack clothes in dry cleaner plastic for fewer wrinkles.

Pick cruise clothes that don’t wrinkle easily ex. DH brings his wrinkle free no iron khakis from Brooks Bros. 

Mary Ann

• Like 3

Another way to avoid wrinkling clothes is not to pack your luggage days before the cruise.  The shorter time spent cramped in a bag, the less wrinkles - simple.

On a cruise I don't cook, clean dishes, make the bed or do laundry - it's my vacation time!

On 8/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, Nang said:

On an Aussie Facebook Page for Celebrity it has been stated that steamers that have no metal plate are allowed. Can anybody confirm or refute this from direct experience (rather than what they believe/have been told by others)? TIA.

I have always taken a travel steamer, never tried to hid it have it in my carry on bag security has never said a word nor has the stateroom attendant. Safe I think so much safer than a curling iron, or a cell phone left on its charger. I find it odd that cruises out of England they put a teapot in all the rooms, Irons I understand they stay hot for some time even after they are shut off. 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, Heimey said:

Thanks in advance 

Heimey

Nope!  and you can't bring one on board, not even a travel iron; will confiscate it and return after cruise.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:11 PM, bEwAbG said:

Steamers are on the list of banned items, which means they may be confiscated.  A Facebook post isn't going to override that.  There's always a table full of such items removed from luggage for people to pick up at the port exit. 

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, steamers, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:27 PM, cruisestitch said:

the security screeners follow the instructions celebrity gives them.  Until Celebrity changes those instructions no Facebook post will matter.

Thank you both but a Cruise Critic post matters no more or less ...  The FB post was relating to people's experience (or so they said), I was looking for people's experience to confirm or otherwise that steamers get through security depending on whether they do or do not have a metal plate. Cheers

7 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I have always taken a travel steamer, never tried to hid it have it in my carry on bag security has never said a word nor has the stateroom attendant. Safe I think so much safer than a curling iron, or a cell phone left on its charger. I find it odd that cruises out of England they put a teapot in all the rooms, Irons I understand they stay hot for some time even after they are shut off. 

thanks, it seems it is worth a try.

7 minutes ago, Nang said:

thanks, it seems it is worth a try.

So the postings about tables full of confiscated items at disembarkation ( I've seen them too)  plus the published ships policy that specifically includes steamers on their banned list isn't enough for you. But a single post by one person who has managed to get away with it is all you need. Well alrighty then. You can't say you haven't been warned.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mom says said:

So the postings about tables full of confiscated items at disembarkation ( I've seen them too)  plus the published ships policy that specifically includes steamers on their banned list isn't enough for you. But a single post by one person who has managed to get away with it is all you need. Well alrighty then. You can't say you haven't been warned.

Please take the time to read and absorb what I have written. Not one person but a few others on FB. If you happened to notice whether some confiscated steamers did not have metal plates I would appreciate learning of this - now that would be a useful response. TIA and cheers.

31 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Most of would prefer that other passengers not put us in danger by trying to sneak on prohibited items.

I agree. I hope that others do as I will and declare items that MAY be not be allowed. Cheers

• Like 1

As I said we take a travel steamer always and do not hide it is always seen by the security personal as it is on top in my carry on.  What you need to do as everyone should do is READ YOUR CRUISE DOCUMENTS (contract) sent out to us by Celebrity just before our cruises. The contract clearly lists the rules and clearly states all banned items guess what steamers are not listed. It is very clear!  Maybe they just added steamers to the list of banned items if so I will not bring one but I doubt it. The web site does not RULE but your documents (contract) does review it before you leave if steamers have been added leave it at home. Anyone who has used a steamer knows they are very safe and no more a fire hazard than most other electrical devices we use everyday in life.

I leave on Equinox on Saturday so I pulled up my cruise docs and looked at the contract.  Here is the wording, yes it does exclude steamers.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas, Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors* , Illegal Drugs & Substances , Candles & Incense, Coff ee Makers, Clothes Irons/Steamers & Hot Plates , Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows, Skateboards & Surfboards, Martial Arts Gear, Self-Defense Gear, including handcuff s, pepper spray and night sticks, Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fl uid and fi reworks, HAM Radios, Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint; Alcoholic Beverages**; Hookah Pipes.*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

• Like 3