Arrival Appointment?

footer6

I just checked in for my cruise using the X App.  We are Elite CC members in a Concierge cabin.  My Xpress Pass says "Expedited Arrival" "Arrival Appointment 12:30-1:00.  My wife's Pass, issued 2 minutes after mine, says, "Expedited Arrival" "Arrival Appointment 2:00-2:30"  The Equinox sails at 3:30.  Adding to the confusion, the reservation page says,

"Please arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boardings".  and the Xpress Pass warns "Due to government regulations, all guests are required to be at the pier and checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to sail time."  Now, I've been through the process many times, so I'm going at 11:30 no matter what, but for the uninitiated, you arrive after 2 p.m. and you are not sailing.  One more thing.  My wife's Xpress Pass says "Elite" and mine says "Elite - Pearl"  Any idea what that means?

11 minutes ago, footer6 said:

I just checked in for my cruise using the X App.  We are Elite CC members in a Concierge cabin.  My Xpress Pass says "Expedited Arrival" "Arrival Appointment 12:30-1:00.  My wife's Pass, issued 2 minutes after mine, says, "Expedited Arrival" "Arrival Appointment 2:00-2:30"  The Equinox sails at 3:30.  Adding to the confusion, the reservation page says,

"Please arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boardings".  and the Xpress Pass warns "Due to government regulations, all guests are required to be at the pier and checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to sail time."  Now, I've been through the process many times, so I'm going at 11:30 no matter what, but for the uninitiated, you arrive after 2 p.m. and you are not sailing.  One more thing.  My wife's Xpress Pass says "Elite" and mine says "Elite - Pearl"  Any idea what that means?

Your arrival appointed time is only a suggestion. You will not be denied entry to the terminal building or the check in process if you arrive earlier than whats printed on your Xpress pass.  

I believe you can change the arrival time on the app and on the web checkin.  Yes for the Equinox 3:30 departure they seem to be encouraging people arrive earlier than later.  I have had 2 notifications this week for my Saturday sailing.

When I went through the check in process, online, it asked us when we expected to arrive. Perhaps that was done for one of you and not for the other and it automatically plugged in a time for the one without the arrival time... that is must my thought. You might go back in and edit your info (assuming the cruise is a bit away)... and then see what happens. I suspect they try to set up arrival times so that they have an idea on staffing needs. We simply give them our best guess and then arrive when we arrive... never been an issue.

We are on the Equinox right now in a Concierge Class cabin. Our documentation said to arrive at 11:00. We usually drive down on the day of the cruise, arrive around noon and rarely encounter a crowd. This cruise, we drove down the night before and were at the cruise terminal and through security by about 10:45. We had to wait in a huge room jammed with people.  There wasn't a place to sit but as it turned out, CC is the first group called so when boarding started at 11:00, we were able to board immediately. Just a note --- a lot of people standing were mobility impaired with canes, walkers and crutches and a lot of people who were sitting put their hand luggage, backpacks and purses on the seat next to them. If you can't stand for long, you may want to either come early to get a seat or later to avoid the crowd.

54 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

Just a note --- a lot of people standing were mobility impaired with canes, walkers and crutches and a lot of people who were sitting put their hand luggage, backpacks and purses on the seat next to them. If you can't stand for long, you may want to either come early to get a seat or later to avoid the crowd.

When I see this in the airport or at the terminal I politely ask if someone is sitting there. Sometimes the person says yes, my _____ just went to the restroom.  Usually if no one is sitting there they move the things to the floor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Expect to be met by members of the Celebrity IT staff who will explain it to you.  They will also be weeding the flowerbeds outside the terminal.  And scraping bird droppings off the benches.  And whatever other punishments we can suggest......

Thanks for the laugh, Cruisestitch.  You're right on.

What is the big perk that CC offers?   The “fantastic” embarkation lunch in MDR.  Why would they schedule anyone in CC to arrive at 2:00 when that service is no longer available?  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, miched said:

What is the big perk that CC offers?   The “fantastic” embarkation lunch in MDR.  Why would they schedule anyone in CC to arrive at 2:00 when that service is no longer available?  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Cost cutting?😜

I can see someone in CC going to the MDR and being told that the lunch has ended and receiving  a coupon for  lunch there on the next sea day with priority seating.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

10 hours ago, miched said:

As you well know, Celebrity is a worldwide company.....so the folks that plan perks like the concierge lunch who are located in the Pitcairn Islands don't talk to the folks that load balance arrivals located in Tristan da Cunha. IT, located on Floreana, only communicate with the outside world on their one telephone which they also use for updating the Celebrity web site. 

Edited by ghstudio

I always ask the rep where they are located.  And many are in a central state and have never cruised.   We carry on a nice conversation and they thank me for my info.   

If if I get someone from a foreign country I respect what they are doing and amazingly can understand many of them and they are often  very helpful.    They aren’t any different than the employees on the ship.   They are human beings trying to earn a living

The blame is on X for not giving them the proper training and updating them with the latest policies and info, and their supervisors that they may have to consult if they don’t know the answer. 

Happy Cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I did my check in with the app and we were able to select a time slot.   We chose 11:30, BUT I had to make the same selection for both of us during the online check-in using the app.  That might be why you had different times.    

One question I have is, do I need to line up in the terminal or can I walk on board????   Where do I get my room keys.   We are sailing on Connie from Venice on Sunday.    Just really curious how it works. 

"Revolutionized" ships -- room key is at your door

"other ships" -- room key is given to you in the terminal

Either way, you do still need to check in at the terminal so they can actually see your passport.  You may need to have your photograph taken, even if you provided one on the app.  And you may need to show your credit card if you haven't chosen the cash option.  And of course, you will need to queue to go through the security screening.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

"Revolutionized" ships -- room key is at your door

"other ships" -- room key is given to you in the terminal

Either way, you do still need to check in at the terminal so they can actually see your passport.  You may need to have your photograph taken, even if you provided one on the app.  And you may need to show your credit card if you haven't chosen the cash option.  And of course, you will need to queue to go through the security screening.

thanks for sharing that info much appreciated!!!