Exactly what IS included in the Haven?

chill6x6

Hi,

It's been a few years since I've cruised on NCL and although I've been in a suite, I've never been on a ship with the Haven.  I have stayed in a suite on HAL, Royal, and Celebrity and I'm just wondering about the similarities.  

Is there a Haven bar/lounge similar to HAL Neptune Lounge, Celebrity's Michael's Club, or Royal's Suite Lounge?  Are complimentary bottled water/refreshments/drinks available there?  Is daily bottled water available as a suite amenity?  We also have the Adult Beverage Package promo....is bottled water included with that?

Thanks for your help!

34 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

Hi,

It's been a few years since I've cruised on NCL and although I've been in a suite, I've never been on a ship with the Haven.  I have stayed in a suite on HAL, Royal, and Celebrity and I'm just wondering about the similarities.  

Is there a Haven bar/lounge similar to HAL Neptune Lounge, Celebrity's Michael's Club, or Royal's Suite Lounge?  Are complimentary bottled water/refreshments/drinks available there?  Is daily bottled water available as a suite amenity?  We also have the Adult Beverage Package promo....is bottled water included with that?

Thanks for your help!

Is there a lounge? On some ships, yes (the larger ones have a bar and restaurant).  Which ship are you on?  They typically have a full bar and refreshments at certain times of the day.  

Is daily bottled water available as a suite amenity?  No. Bottled water isn't included in any package except the upgraded Premium Plus Beverage Package, which would be an upgrade from the regular beverage package promo that you have.

Edited by kfnesq
Added info

The Haven includes its own restaurant (inside and outside eating on the Escape), pool areas, drinks with the package, food available poolside from a poolside menu. There is a small lounge with a bar. Poolside there are snacks, iced tea and flavored water (usually with fruit). I'm not sure about the bottled waters.  

I can't compare with any other line, as this was our first time on NCL and in the Haven, but I will say that we loved the Haven and all that came with it. 

5 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Private lounge, restaurant, pool deck, sun deck, biggest prime rib on the ship!!

Nice! Which ship is that? I've been looking at the Epic and it appears that there are 2 decks of Haven suites around the pool. Your pictures show one deck if I'm looking at it right.

Actually, the water filtration on the ship itself is probably more sophisticated than any of the bottled water companies.

I bring a bottle water chiller/filter to keep my water chilled instead of having a bottled water get warm/hot.  There are some good ones out there.  If you insist on bottled water, I’d recommend getting one of those (regardless of whether your preferred cruise lines offers bottled water or not).

The Haven is its own little enclave on the ship with its own pool area, its own jacuzzis, its own relaxation area, its own bar and its own restaurant.  It’s not crowded and the personalized service everyone in the Haven gets is 2nd to none.

You’ll love it.

That said, I’ve never had a similar suite on HAL, Carnival, Celebrity or Royal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, palpieha said:

Nice! Which ship is that? I've been looking at the Epic and it appears that there are 2 decks of Haven suites around the pool. Your pictures show one deck if I'm looking at it right.

The Getaway.

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

QUICK responses and THANKS!  Looks like I better add a bottled water package!  LOL!

Will be on the Getaway out of NO in a H6.

The pictures I posted were from the Getaway.  We were in 16710, a Haven Courtyard Penthouse suite, and loved it so much that we are doing the same exact cabin next year for our 10-day Med cruise!  The location is perfect, as it is literally a few steps to the pool area and the steps up to the sundeck, and a very short walk to the Haven Lounge and Haven Restaurant.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5ccadbb700184b9bea6808f2a02a1124.JPG

FYI, if the water in the bottled water package is NCL's own brand, it is "purified water."  That is exactly what you are drawing from the tap in your room and what is available for free at all restaurants and drink stations.  To clarify what is available in the lounge for free, you may find M & M's and gummi bears either there or at the pool area.  There are also infused water dispensers, coffee and tea at the pool area, and in the afternoon there may be some kind of brownies or cake.  Also, regarding the post stating they "usually have a full bar..."  There are no included alcoholic beverages in the Haven (unless you have a package that includes it) other than at the officers party which takes place one evening and includes bar service.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Also, regarding the post stating they "usually have a full bar..."  There are no included alcoholic beverages in the Haven (unless you have a package that includes it) other than at the officers party which takes place one evening and includes bar service.

True.  But typically if you book the Haven you are getting the drink package with your booking, since all perks would be included, unless you decline them I guess.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

True.  But typically if you book the Haven you are getting the drink package with your booking, since all perks would be included, unless you decline them I guess.

With the dining and beverage packages, you must select them. They are offered but aren't automatically included.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BNBR said:

Lots and lots of kids in the Haven pool and hot tub.  That comes with your fare, too. 

On some cruises, yes.

We have been on two 7 night cruises on the Epic, one of them during easter, and there were almost no children in the Haven. We also did a 12 night cruise on the Breakaway almost without any children in the Haven.

I have heared about the potential problem and that's one of the reasons why MSCs Yacht Club is a better choice for us. Very few suites designed for families in the Yacht Club so smaller risk of many kids there. 

What is the Haven depends on the class of ship - Epic, Away and Away+ class ships have more suites and all of them have Haven access. The Haven has a courtyard, pool, bar and restaurant. AKA a ship within (or on top) of a ship. 

Jewel class ships have a smaller Haven and only the cabins on the upper decks have access to it (decks 14 and 15) the Haven cabins consist mainly of 2 bedroom suites, a pair of penthouse suites the two garden villas and on some ships two Deluxe Owners suites. There are also four other Owner's suites on decks 9 and 10 also have haven access. The remainder of the suites do not have Haven access The Jewel Haven has only the courtyard and pool. All of the suite guests can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's/Modernero  - dinner is with the rest of the passengers. 

The Dawn, Star, Sun and Sky do not have the Haven - but do have suites.

20 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

As far as the adult beverage package no bottled water is not included in the package nor are their free bottles sitting around haven lounge/bar

1 bottle of water is given to Gold & Plat Latitude members and 2 bottles to Plat + & Ambassador members.

20 hours ago, threetocruise said:

I can't compare with any other line, as this was our first time on NCL and in the Haven, but I will say that we loved the Haven and all that came with it. 

The Haven on the Escape is my most favorite place. I just love everything about it.

• Like 2