I had the ''hump'' cabin but the thing was....

dolittle

Just had the hump cabin on Eqx. (I did not ask for or know I had one until I went outside) it was a lot bigger. The thing was when you went to the rail you could see all the other cabins and were kind of taking away some of their  privacy. Also the way it stuck out they could see you it was a little strange and you had less privacy . I have heard of the hump on this site but was not aware of all its quirks.What is your experience with the hump. 

We loved the extra space--we had the stateroom attendant bring a lounger.  If you're at the railing, yes, you can see onto other balconies, but we so rarely were at the railing it would never occur to me to be an issue.

We'd definitely try to get one again.  

• Like 3

We always try to book it because of the extra space.  Yes you can see (and be seen) when at the rail but it doesn't bother me.  Try looking down from Ocean View over all the balconies on the aft!  Its just one of those things.  Certainly does not put me off the extra space of a lounger and breakfast on the balcony!

• Like 2

The hump cabins are always my goal when booking but since they are SO popular they go very quickly..

While you can both see and be seen there is FAR more privacy if you step back or set your loungers back a half nudge so the no tanline look is easier 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I believe the OP had a cabin on the SLANT of the hump, which have bigger balconies. We always book those and love them. While the cabins on the actual hump itself don’t have a bigger balcony they are still nice, as one can see both ways down the ship. We like that as well, but a bigger balcony on the slant always wins out for us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davidlocky said:

Hi, we have been allocated one on Constellation sailing from Venice on the 12th, glad to see the positive comments, it's our first Celebrity cruise after 10 years of cruising so really looking forward to it!

"Hump" cabins or cabins on the "slant off the hump" are not on the Constellation or any M-Class ship. Not sure where your cabin might be located.

• Like 1

We always try to get a cabin on the hump.  Best location ever.  Great views unobstructed  forward or aft if you are on the slant, or both ways if you are in the center.  Plus, the elevators and stairs are just steps away.  We have always found the location to be very quiet.  

• Like 1

I lucked into an aft slant on the Eclipse this past April.  I booked right after the final payment deadline, so evidently, someone changed their mind about the cruise at the last minute.  Best balcony ever!  Nice to be on the aft slant so the wind wasn't as strong, but still great views.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dolittle said:

Just had the hump cabin on Eqx. (I did not ask for or know I had one until I went outside) it was a lot bigger. The thing was when you went to the rail you could see all the other cabins and were kind of taking away some of their  privacy. Also the way it stuck out they could see you it was a little strange and you had less privacy . I have heard of the hump on this site but was not aware of all its quirks.What is your experience with the hump. 

How did you not know your stateroom category or location? 

• Like 1

We love the on the slant of the hump balcony locations and always try to book them whenever they're available. We especially like the midship ones for their central location close to the elevators and stairs. We prefer the forward facing for the views and don't mind the breeze. If it gets to be too much we just move back a bit! The balcony is also large enough to enjoy both options of sun and shade. We love having the extra room to enjoy dining out there, room to stretch out and walk around. 

1 hour ago, gimletgal said:

"Hump" cabins or cabins on the "slant off the hump" are not on the Constellation or any M-Class ship. Not sure where your cabin might be located.

Hi Beth, my apologies if I'm wrong but the balcony looks bigger than those either side on the deck plan and looks like the description others have given, however we'll find out on the 12th ! 🙂

1 hour ago, gimletgal said:

There ARE actually "Slant" cabins on M class ships which provide bigger balconies.  It's more of a concave shape than a hump shape, providing forward looking slanted balconies towards the aft, and backwards looking slanted balconies towards the bow.  

1 hour ago, davidlocky said:

Hi Beth, my apologies if I'm wrong but the balcony looks bigger than those either side on the deck plan and looks like the description others have given, however we'll find out on the 12th ! 🙂

David - There are definitely balcony cabins on the Connie that have larger balconies - they are just not considered "slant or hump" balconies. Since you don't mention your cabin number it is hard to describe the balcony for you. I do know (from experience) that there are some wonderful (larger) balconies on Deck 6 that I love! I'm sure you will enjoy, regardless of where yours is located. (The aft balcony cabins are also much coveted, with much larger balconies.)

Edited by gimletgal

We have tried the various balconies on the the Solstice class ships. The humps on the slants are my favorite. We loved the extra space and didn't feel like our neighbors were watching us and vice versa. I do question why Celebrity doesn't maximize the extra balcony space with chaise lounges or the coveted foot rests. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidlocky said:

a sweet 16 perhaps?  That would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

We have tried the various balconies on the the Solstice class ships. The humps on the slants are my favorite. We loved the extra space and didn't feel like our neighbors were watching us and vice versa. I do question why Celebrity doesn't maximize the extra balcony space with chaise lounges or the coveted foot rests. 

Have you also noticed that they now classify some of the slant balconies as Concierge vs 1A??? Never did understand why there were no chaise lounges on them, what with all that space! The extra large balconies on the M-Class always had chaise lounges!

i. e.: 6143/6144/6135/6136

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

We have one of the slant balconies on Solstice real soon. I am hoping the foot rests are still there. Has anyone ever asked for a chaise lounge for their larger balcony ?