Getting from hotel to Port Canaveral

Luvcruisin76

52 minutes ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

So we usually drive to our cruises but considering flying this time. The hotel has a shuttle from airport to hotel but how do most people get from hotel to cruise port? Uber? What's the easiest way most people find?

You fly into Orlando, if your hotel has a free shuttle from the airport.  But it's 45 minutes or more to Port Canaveral.  No free shuttle to port.  As suggested, visit the Florida Departures board to research this.  EM

7 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Are these hotel shuttles owned by Carnival Corporation ?  

No, they are shuttles by the hotel.  They just take you to the port and drop you off at your ship. 

a few years ago - I think our hotel shuttle (a van seating about a dozen) was $3pp, something like that.  It was wonderful.  Drove right up to terminal and got everyone out of van for that ship, and our luggage.  Didn't have to wait in the long line of traffic with the passenger cars.  There were 3 ships in that day (Sunshine, Magic, and a Disney).  Hotel had vans for each ship.  

Edited by ABQrobin

2 hours ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

So we usually drive to our cruises but considering flying this time. The hotel has a shuttle from airport to hotel but how do most people get from hotel to cruise port? Uber? What's the easiest way most people find?

If you are staying at a hotel in Orlando, then I would suggest either Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cortrans. I have used both for transportation to and from Orlando to Port Canaveral.  If you are staying in Port Canaveral, then I have heard that Uber is the fastest way.  However, I just used my hotel's shuttle service.

A lot will depend on your budget.  If you are staying by the hotel in Orlando, most hotels will be able to hook you up with some kind of shuttle at a fee (not aware of many that offer it for free since it is so far).  It is about 45 minutes as someone mentioned.

You can book your own shared shuttle, some already mentioned here - have done this ourselves and it is ok but you are dealing with other people and possible multiple stops and on set scheduled times only.

You can take Uber or Lyft but will likely be much more costly since it is such a distance.

Or you can book a private shuttle service which is more costly yet.  We didn't want to deal with a "group" situation and possibly picking up at multiple hotels, etc. (which many shared shuttles will do) plus wanted to go when we wanted, not on a set time schedule, so we opted to pay a premium on our recent trip and go with the private option.  We LOVED our company and driver great service!  We were so glad we paid the extra.   Didn't have to wait, got picked up in comfortable spacious vehicle and treated like royalty.  Even offered to stop at store if we wanted to pick something up on the way to ship.  Also, used for return and meet us right outside cruise terminal and took us straight to airport.  For us the price was reasonable for the service we received.

Just now, wemjam said:

A lot will depend on your budget.  If you are staying by the airport in Orlando, most hotels will be able to hook you up with some kind of shuttle at a fee (not aware of many that offer it for free since it is so far).  It is about 45 minutes as someone mentioned.

You can book your own shared shuttle, some already mentioned here - have done this ourselves and it is ok but you are dealing with other people and possible multiple stops and on set scheduled times only.

You can take Uber or Lyft but will likely be much more costly since it is such a distance.

Or you can book a private shuttle service which is more costly yet.  We didn't want to deal with a "group" situation and possibly picking up at multiple hotels, etc. (which many shared shuttles will do) plus wanted to go when we wanted, not on a set time schedule, so we opted to pay a premium on our recent trip and go with the private option.  We LOVED our company and driver great service!  We were so glad we paid the extra.   Didn't have to wait, got picked up in comfortable spacious vehicle and treated like royalty.  Even offered to stop at store if we wanted to pick something up on the way to ship.  Also, used for return and meet us right outside cruise terminal and took us straight to airport.  For us the price was reasonable for the service we received.

Having been there a few times, I wouldn't count on a hotel shuttle unless you are really close to Canaveral. Most hotels don't go there, and I wouldn't base my stay around that. As much as we like "included and free" stuff, you may find there really is no advantage in the end.

To get there, I find Uber/Lyft cost-effective, and convenient to go on my schedule.

For coming back, I don't like Uber/Lyft as much, especially if you are on a time crunch. Canaveral is not a busy hub with tons of drivers waiting for you. Coupled with the surge in demand, and the price goes through the roof. For the return, I generally recommend booking the shuttle on gocanaveral.com $15 per person, and it will be there for you.

Edited by Joebucks

7 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Because the question has nothing to do with Carnival. The same question can be said for cruising on any line, and is discussed on the stated forum.

Who would assume they were, it was a fair legit question.  It implied their were other options (to me).  

9 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

No, they are shuttles by the hotel.  They just take you to the port and drop you off at your ship. 

a few years ago - I think our hotel shuttle (a van seating about a dozen) was $3pp, something like that.  It was wonderful.  Drove right up to terminal and got everyone out of van for that ship, and our luggage.  Didn't have to wait in the long line of traffic with the passenger cars.  There were 3 ships in that day (Sunshine, Magic, and a Disney).  Hotel had vans for each ship.  

I think he knows that and his reply was meant for my sake.

1 hour ago, BlueEyes50 said:

How safe is hotel cruise parking.  Thinking of using La Quinta Stay and Cruise deal in Port Canaveral Feb. 2020.

Only the 4 Points Hotel (and Cocoa Beach Suites) offer parking in a garage. All others are just parking on the lot.

Hotel parking is hotel parking! Anything can happen. Fortunately there's not been issues around here so the stats are on your side.  

Edited by SteerageJoe