Would a double stroller fit the hallways, door and the standard cabin

rubydouble

9 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The hallways will sometimes prove to be an obstacle course. The steward's housekeeping cart will be your biggest obstacle.

This happens from mid morning until around 2pm and then again during the evening turn down hours around 5pm until 8pm. There are steward's carts in the halls which make the hallways half the width. Only one person at a time can fit by the housekeeping carts.

It would be difficult to navigate a double wide carriage.

• Like 1

Sounds like a front to back single width one would work better.  What would you do if you are going down a hallway and you meet a cart or worse yet an emergency is declared and the crew needs to get thru that area with rescue equipment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Or you meet someone on a scooter, or someone who ignores the rules and leaves their scooter or wheelchair in the hallway outside their cabin?  Or even meet people walking in the hallways?  Are the cabin doorways recessed so that they can step aside while you pass?  There are lots of discussions about strollers on the Family Cruising board here under Special Interest Cruising.  EM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Worst case is when cabins first open up.  There are both carts and luggage in the halls.  Have seen many folks in scooters not able to get to their rooms at all during this time frame.  Just getting a single stroller through would have similar difficulties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

The doors to a standard room arte 22" wide.  How wide is your stroller?

I looked it up - 29.75 " wide - same width folded -  also consider space in the cabin.

Edited by MixerDave
added info

I don't think it would fit- we had problems with a regular wheelchair being a little wider then the door.  if you really need a stroller I would look at umbrella strollers- I've even seen clips that can put them together as needed for a double.  Another option is a collapsible wagon- we use one to help corral all the carry on stuff and it folds up and fits under the bed- great for in port at the beach!

• Like 1

On our last cruise, your biggest obstacle would be the people down the hall from us who just left their double-wide stroller outside their door whenever they weren't using it... thus converting their problem to all of our problems.

• Like 2

I'll echo the recommendation of an umbrella stroller versus either a big bulky double-wide stroller or a bulky back-to-back stroller. In addition to hallways, consider getting on/off tenders, the buffet area, the dining rooms, all crowded areas in general you'll need to be able to navigate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rubydouble said:

I have twin girls and debating if I could bring a double stroller Citi mini GT (side by side). 
Would it fit through the hallways, doors, and in the standard cabin?

Probably.   Bring it.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

We never brought our strollers on cruises and up until recently saw how congested things can be when people are navigating with them (due to obstacles mentioned here by others, steward carts, room service trays that people leave outside their rooms, etc.). I wish I had thought of bringing them when the kids were little! It would have made shore excursions so much easier! Lucky for us, we didn’t need double strollers either, kids are 5 years apart and we cruised with family when the kids were small so we had multiple hands to help. 

When considering strollers I say bring them! They will at least simplify your Shore excursions. If they are complicated to maneuver on the ship, even then, why not? Just give yourself time to get where you want to be. 😀

Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

We used one when our twins where little - we used a mclaren side by side it is narrower then the Citi.  It was a life saver in the evening we couldn't have carried them when we were tired and also they could fall asleep and were were able to watch MUTS 🙂

To get it into the cabin we had to partially close it.  So we would go to the door and get the kids out then collapse the stroller, we stored it either under the bed or in the shower depending on if we needed to access the shower or not.  The carts in the hall were not usually a problem the cabin stewards were usually near the cart and would move it so we could get through - it seems they are used to doing that for wheelchairs and scooters many times they did it without anything being said.

The only time it wasn't worth the struggle was trying to go through the piaza area when there was an event going on- then it would be super crowded and stressful.  The rest of the times we loved having it.

• Like 1

beep...beep...Security - what's the situation ?

there seems to be a 'confrontation ' on Aloha deck mid aft between a double stroller, a wheelchair cruiser, a tray of food left out in the hallway and a unattended rascal scooter parked outside the door of a cabin ...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Mikado said:

On our last cruise, your biggest obstacle would be the people down the hall from us who just left their double-wide stroller outside their door whenever they weren't using it... thus converting their problem to all of our problems.

Just me, but I'd be bringing up the situation with the Customer Services people.  Besides the inconsiderate nature of just leaving the stroller in a public area with no one in attendance, it's a hazard (as pointed out) for any emergency personnel and equipment that might have to access that passageway.  Not to mention, someone else might think the stroller has been abandoned and decide to give it a home.

Edited by Shmoo here

3 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Just me, but I'd be bringing up the situation with the Customer Services people.  Besides the inconsiderate nature of just leaving the stroller in a public area with no one in attendance, it's a hazard (as pointed out) for any emergency personnel and equipment that might have to access that passageway.  Not to mention, someone else might think the stroller has been abandoned and decide to give it a home.

I will if we encounter this issue again. I just kept thinking, "They can't REALLY be that inconsiderate, can they?" for the first 3 or 4 days. By then, I had just adjusted to having to step around it.

Kind of surprised our Steward didn't report it.