Save the Date

Bell Boy

4 minutes ago, alc13 said:

I googled famous British countesses to see if someone popped up worthy of a Cunard ship name.  Only one name was familiar to me.  What do you think of...

Lady Godiva?  

You’re welcome.

I was thinking more Lady Crawley - the whole world knows the name!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

By tomorrow we will know the choosen name. My favorite still is Queen Alexandra!

The naming has been put back - From a pax on the QM2 3 day ago - 
Captain Hashmi gave a wonderful humorous speech. He is still teasing us that he knows the name of the new Cunard ship. Actually the big reveal of the name was meant to be on February 11th, but it has been changed to a later date. The speculation on board is that the name will be revealed at the World Voyage Gala in Melbourne next month. Anyway the captain hinted that the name might not be a queen at all........nor do I.  Aquitainia or Mauretania is my bet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to get technical, but a trademark cannot be registered "in gross" -- that is, standing alone.  It can only be registered for a class of goods or services.  The essential principle is that to oppose a registration, one must show that the mark would cause consumer confusion as to the origin or sponsorship of the product or service involved.

There are innumerable subtleties, but this is the crux of the matter, under US law at least.  I doubt that the Queen Anne School could make out a case against the Good Ship Queen Anne.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 3:03 AM, Bell Boy said:

New Cunarder name to be announced on February 11th  2020 

Announcement  to be made at an event at the Arts Club Mayfair, London. 

Hi Bell Boy - Any info you've heard on a revised announcement date?  Unfortunately there were no reveals from the Captain during QV's trip around South America. 

What's that old phrase?  "The ones who know aren't talking.  And the ones who are talking don't know."  Cunard's official twitter page for the ship -#CUN4RD - hasn't been updated since the announcement of steel cutting.  We might not hear anything until the first block is laid. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SilverHengroen
On 3/8/2020 at 11:04 PM, safarigal said:

April 20th according to a Facebook post.

At last night's QM2 World Voyage Gala Captain Hashmi teased us again that he would reveal the name, but then said it would be revealed in late April.

I wonder if this is still the plan, I suppose they have to announce the name before someone manages to get a picture of it on the bow/ stern blocks at Fincantieri and it leaks out that way! 😄

5 hours ago, SilverHengroen said:

I wonder if this is still the plan, I suppose they have to announce the name before someone manages to get a picture of it on the bow/ stern blocks at Fincantieri and it leaks out that way! 😄

QM2 took seven months between the start of steel cutting and the first block laid.  The fourth Cunarder had steel cut last October and would be due to have the first block ready about April-May but the pandemic will affect construction schedules.   I don't expect there to be any big fanfare until the number of COVID-19 cases is on the downswing.