Cabin cleaned ?

monakayk

1 minute ago, tandemcruzr said:

Some Stewards may not give you those options, but you can request what suits you best.

On our last Carnival Cruise, our steward try to ask if we wanted  “morning OR evening”, to which I replied “BOTH”. I could tell that he didn’t like that answer. He stopped smiling and gave me the evil stare. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

On our last Carnival Cruise, our steward try to ask if we wanted  “morning OR evening”, to which I replied “BOTH”. I could tell that he didn’t like that answer. He stopped smiling and gave me the evil stare. 😂

Yes, we've experienced that as well. Got the evil stare but he granted our request.  🙂

I like morning so after breakfast the room is all fixed up from showers, roomservice mess etc.  I always ask for Ice to be checked on his evening rounds and drop off fresh towels if he sees I need them, if possible.  This has always been done and he usually goes ahead and turns down the bed too.

Edited by PekingeseLady
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

I like morning so after breakfast the room is all fixed up from showers, roomservice mess etc.  I always ask for Ice to be checked on his evening rounds and drop off fresh towels if he sees I need them, if possible.  This has always been done and he usually goes ahead and turns down the bed too.

You are receiving both services. Nice 🙂 

• Haha 1

Since we have been given the option, I choose PM because we shower before supper, not in the AM.  Also, it is difficult to get my sister out of bed before noon unless we are going on an excursion, and sometimes those can be in the afternoon.  EM

• Like 2

I have decided I like evening only because I normally do traditional dining and then it is always cleaned while I am at dinner. Mornings I never really know exactly when I am going to be up and out of the cabin. I do ask for my little soft sided cooler with my sodas in it to get fresh ice twice a day.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HeidiHo said:

I have decided I like evening only because I normally do traditional dining and then it is always cleaned while I am at dinner. Mornings I never really know exactly when I am going to be up and out of the cabin. I do ask for my little soft sided cooler with my sodas in it to get fresh ice twice a day.

Now that makes sense, I do traditional dining too.  I think I'll ask for evenings with extra towels for the morning and I would be set.  Great Idea, Thank you. 

I do hate it when you turn the corner their in your cabin, now you have to figure out whatever for a few.

Edited by PekingeseLady

2 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Now that makes sense, I do traditional dining too.  I think I'll ask for evenings with extra towels for the morning and I would be set.  Great Idea, Thank you. 

I do hate it when you turn the corner their in your cabin, now you have to figure out whatever for a few.

That is another reason I like evening only. Sometimes I get up and go to breakfast only to come back 30 minutes later and there they are, in my room cleaning. I don't like to disturb them because it seems like even if you are only returning to the room to get your sunblock or something they always leave.

36 minutes ago, HeidiHo said:

That is another reason I like evening only. Sometimes I get up and go to breakfast only to come back 30 minutes later and there they are, in my room cleaning. I don't like to disturb them because it seems like even if you are only returning to the room to get your sunblock or something they always leave.

When we went out to breakfast, we would always hang our 'do not disturb' placard on our door. Come back from breakfast, shower, etc. Then we'd take the placard off when we headed out for the days adventures

• Like 3

21 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Your choice. You can choose both or AM or PM. Some Stewards may not give you those options, but you can request what suits you best.

When they don’t give you the option of both, I just tell them I want both, with my ice bucket filled both times. They should have you fill out a sheet that gives you the option of both, but I think some try to avoid having to do it both, and just ask you if you want morning or night, without ever giving you that sheet to fill out. When that happens, I just tell them both. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tapi said:

See my answer. Same here.

• Like 1

On my recent Splendor TP, my steward was almost disappointed when I mentioned I really only need once a day. He ended up doing it twice, but I did tell him if my do not disturb sign was up, don’t wait around just to clean my cabin. I was only a few cabins from front of ship, so I was one of the last to be done in morning, but first at night.

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

See my answer. Same here.

That definitely happened to me too when they first switched to asking! I felt guilty for a few

cruises and then decided forget it, thats how it is set up and Im not that messy. Twice a day it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, missholly24 said:

I felt guilty for a few

cruises

no reason to feel guilty it's their job. We have found the steward pretty much knew our schedule and cleaned around us. We are late risers and late eaters, dinner  8:30 -9. We joked we were his last cabin and he said last in the morning too. I don't think we ever had a bad room steward.

On our first Carnival cruise on the Sunshine in August 2019, our steward asked about am or pm service.  Since we have cruised Princess 4 times and the stewards come by a few times each day, I thought the request was the norm for Carnival so we chose pm.  On our next cruise on the Sunshine in November of this year, the steward did not ask, just kept the room straight throughout the day.  We had a small issue with our room (not the stewards fault) and had a visit from the Head of House Keeping.  Nice Officer that addressed the problem and without us asking, did mention that every cabin should receive twice daily service.

Once a day is fine with me.  All I need is clean towels and the glass wear replaced, maybe ice.  The stewards have so many cabins to clean that I don't mind once a day service.  

12 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Once a day is fine with me.  All I need is clean towels and the glass wear replaced, maybe ice.  The stewards have so many cabins to clean that I don't mind once a day service.  

Do you mean towels, glasses and ice in the evening in addition to the morning servicing of the cabin? 

1 hour ago, coevan said:

no reason to feel guilty it's their job. We have found the steward pretty much knew our schedule and cleaned around us. We are late risers and late eaters, dinner  8:30 -9. We joked we were his last cabin and he said last in the morning too. I don't think we ever had a bad room steward.

Yes they are wonderful. However, when the change was instituted their cabin assignment went from around 20 to around 35. They work very very hard. Sometimes I feel guilty about making them work harder. Have you read the book of the American who did an assignment on board as a waiter? It’s fascinating. 

7 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Yes they are wonderful. However, when the change was instituted their cabin assignment went from around 20 to around 35. They work very very hard. Sometimes I feel guilty about making them work harder. Have you read the book of the American who did an assignment on board as a waiter? It’s fascinating. 

Title and author of that book please. I'd love to read it. Thanks.