ELITE plastered all over a suitcase

wrongwaywatson

I meant to post this when we got home from our Thanksgiving cruise on The Regal.  When we got off the ship and were waiting for our Uber, there was a man pushing his way through the crowds, trying to get in front of people.  He had a suitcase with him and he had 5 or 6 stickers on his suitcase.  They were big white stickers with red letters and the word ELITE on them.   Seriously.   At first I thought it was a joke, but after watching him, he definitely looked like he felt superior to us lowly platinum people waiting for our Uber, LOL   But, seriously, who does that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

23 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Too funny!  Could it have been for something else like an airline club?  I've never seen elite stickers.  Just funny since it seems like half the passengers are elite now.

I don't think so.  It looks like he printed them up himself.   It was weird.  I would have taken a picture, but I thought it would be rude, LOL, so I just side eyed him!

• Haha 1

Maybe it was the suitcase that had been on enough cruises to have attained elite status and the suitcase got priority disembarkation with some schlepper taking them to their taxi...:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

11 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I meant to post this when we got home from our Thanksgiving cruise on The Regal.  When we got off the ship and were waiting for our Uber, there was a man pushing his way through the crowds, trying to get in front of people.  He had a suitcase with him and he had 5 or 6 stickers on his suitcase.  They were big white stickers with red letters and the word ELITE on them.   Seriously.   At first I thought it was a joke, but after watching him, he definitely looked like he felt superior to us lowly platinum people waiting for our Uber, LOL   But, seriously, who does that?

Did he have the loyalty Ambassador with him waving the Priority Card?.

Edited by grapau27

Hilarious! We were sitting in the priority boarding area at FLL Terrminal 2, waiting to board the Sky,  and the lady sitting next to us was wearing out her husband over the fact that there were too many Elites. I made it a point to display my Platinum placard. That really set her off. Poor guy. It was going to be a long cruise for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, john_galt said:

Hilarious! We were sitting in the priority boarding area at FLL Terrminal 2, waiting to board the Sky,  and the lady sitting next to us was wearing out her husband over the fact that there were too many Elites. I made it a point to display my Platinum placard. That really set her off. Poor guy. It was going to be a long cruise for him. 

So, what did she want her husband to do?  Make some of the Elites go home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

we were in line waiting for anytime dining … the "lady" in front of us was very adamant about being "ELITE" and she shouldn't have to wait with all the 'others' … all while waving her 'little black card' ( prior to OM ) in her lanyard for all to see ...

I will repost an old tale.  A few years ago DW and I were embarking from Port Everglades on a long HAL cruise.  When we entered the terminal there was the usual Priority Line for 4-5* Mariners (kind of like Elite) and we were immediately directed to that Priority Line.  We noticed that the priority line was quite long (over 50 people) while the regular line (a few feet distant) was completely empty.  This was not surprising since 75% + of the cruisers on that 2 month cruise were 4 or 5* Mariners entitled to priority along with those in suites.  So we left the Priority line, walked over to the non-priority line and were immediately checked-in while the priority line continued to move at a snails pace.  As we passed by the Priority line to board the ship a lady loudly remarked to her companion, "I worked hard to get in this priority line and I am not going to the regular line."  I suspect we were half way though lunch while that lady was still waiting in her "priority" queue :).

Hank

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Putting the bags aside for a minute with the words Elite written on them pushing and shoving to a front of a line for a car service is not acceptable unless some of you have been in a few Asian countries where it is probably considered normal.   But I have often wished I had some way of writing something big on the side of my suitcases so I could spot them easily when in the airport.   Black suitcases start looking  all the same.    Guess I will not write on them Elite.   LOL 😉   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

Putting the bags aside for a minute with the words Elite written on them pushing and shoving to a front of a line for a car service is not acceptable unless some of you have been in a few Asian countries where it is probably considered normal.   But I have often wished I had some way of writing something big on the side of my suitcases so I could spot them easily when in the airport.   Black suitcases start looking  all the same.    Guess I will not write on them Elite.   LOL 😉   

I would write " steerage" all over mine. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Princess could introduce hats or vests that showed the number of days (or number of cruises) each passenger has cruised.  This would not cost Princess very much money and the peons would know their place. When a higher numbered hat or vest came by, we would all have to salute, bow or curtsey. The order would be restored.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1