Cutbacks at Share, Crown Grill, Sabatini’s

Loreni

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jwattle,

The next time it’s raining and cold out in Boston I will come by for a cup.

Your Friend,

6E0FED28-AAC8-4CC2-85C4-DAE6211EFE3D.jpeg

We will have it waiting for you my friend! 😀

looking forward to our next rowboat cruise!😊

19 hours ago, mellon1 said:

My husband has it done this way ALWAYS for the filet...it is excellent.  The head waiter called it Pittsburgh style.  Tender and juicy on the inside but grilled nicely on the outside.  It continues to cook at it sits on the plate too.  He does his medium rare and it is just right for him.  I like mine rare so I don't need to butterfly.

Sometimes referred to as "black and blue"

My last meal at Crown Grill on the Star did not meet my expectations. And my meal on the Sky in Sabatinis was a huge disappointment. Up until then I would have recommended both of these Specialty restaurants. 

47 minutes ago, dog said:

My last meal at Crown Grill on the Star did not meet my expectations. And my meal on the Sky in Sabatinis was a huge disappointment. Up until then I would have recommended both of these Specialty restaurants. 

Can you elaborate?

20 hours ago, memoak said:

This to me is just pushing things a little too much.  I wonder if they will let me go into the kitchen and cook my own filet ?

You actually can do this on Celebrity ships with the Lawn Club Grill: not in the kitchen, but in an outdoor grill area on a top deck. It's not something I would choose to do, but others enjoy it. Our experience in the restaurant was fantastic, by the way.

33 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

You actually can do this on Celebrity ships with the Lawn Club Grill: not in the kitchen, but in an outdoor grill area on a top deck. It's not something I would choose to do, but others enjoy it. Our experience in the restaurant was fantastic, by the way.

I could care less what Celebrity does or allows. 
I am only concerned with my experience with Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Soon you can leave all that muck behind you.  Only six days left.  It is very nice down here in FL.  Too bad I am not on the east coast to meet you.

Hi Mr. G

I’m getting out of Boston just in time. It’s going to snow Saturday afternoon by then I will be in Florida happy happy!!

I have a 5:45 am. flight out of Boston. 😴 😴 I can’t wait for my free dinner at the Crowd Grill complements of Princess Cruises.

Your Pal,

10F95981-0491-4862-8281-5E8B525EEBD1.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G

I’m getting out of Boston just in time. It’s going to snow Saturday afternoon by then I will be in Florida happy happy!!

I have a 5:45 am. flight out of Boston. 😴 😴 I can’t wait for my free dinner at the Crowd Grill complements of Princess Cruises.

Your Pal,

10F95981-0491-4862-8281-5E8B525EEBD1.jpeg

It’s really not that crowded 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Mr. G

Your Pal,

Your friend Tom seems to be looking to get out of town just in time as well!!  Have a good flight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jwattle said:

We will have it waiting for you my friend! 😀

looking forward to our next rowboat cruise!😊

Hi jwattle,

I will be on the Crown Princess for 10 days. If you like to take a cruise on the Rowboat you can the keys are under the Captain’s seat.  The Rowboat is in the Charlestown navy yard. 

Tony

195AF010-902E-4E50-9452-0B6CA55AFB0F.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jwattle,

I will be on the Crown Princess for 10 days. If you like to take a cruise on the Rowboat you can the keys are under the Captain’s seat.  The Rowboat is in the Charlestown navy yard. 

Tony

195AF010-902E-4E50-9452-0B6CA55AFB0F.jpeg

Tony,

We will leave it in tip top shape with some fresh back and bleu soup accompanied by a nice vino waiting. Always appreciate the rowboat!!

Your friends,

Jo and Tom

On 1/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, Thrak said:

Hmmm... Have you done this successfully?  It seems to be a great suggestion. Many thanks for the constructive input! (I will definitely relay this to my wife as well as that will double the chance we remember. 😋)  We have a B2B2B booked for November/December and each of them lists the "cruise night coupon book" which should be the one with the specialty restaurant BOGO coupon. Since it is 3 cruises and we are both listed for the book on each of them we may well avail ourselves of the opportunity.

Where do you find the coupon books?

6 minutes ago, Wblotner said:

Where do you find the coupon books?

Bottom portion of the Travel Summary. These are all included as perks in the TA Promo. This is for the last (14 day) segment. I cut out the end which has our names. We are both listed which is why there are duplicate items.

====================================================================================

image.png.a8346c77a16ea404d2c84a9229f08ec8.png

Edited by Thrak

On 1/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Justalone said:

What makes MDR Club Class unique and better then the other specialty restaurants.  Can you give examples of why cuisine is exceptional in Club Class.  What do you enjoy eating there?

Club Class offers just one dish that isn't on the MDR menu ... and, sometimes that dish is an added dessert rather than an entree.  We've only had Club Class dining when it was included in a package.  We don't find the small menu difference worth the cost ... but do enjoy walking in whenever you like with no wait (usually!).

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 2:56 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I don't view it as good a value as it used to be.  The food has gone thru some changes, the costs have been raised, and they now charge you for additional mains.  We used to go on formal nights to avoid having to dress up, but we don't do that now.  We will still go when we have the BOGO coupon, but we don't if we have to pay full price. 

My last ribeye was a bit tough, and it sure seemed like the quality of the meats has gone down the last couple of years, along with other cutbacks that have been discussed across the line. 

I thought the dress code in the specialty restaurants, at least Crown Grill and Sabatini's, was the same as for the MDR.  Am I mistaken?

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, 57eric said:

I thought the dress code in the specialty restaurants, at least Crown Grill and Sabatini's, was the same as for the MDR.  Am I mistaken?

Specialty restaurants are smart casual every night, including formal nights, so we go there on formal nights without having to "dress up" like for the MDR.

24 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Specialty restaurants are smart casual every night, including formal nights, so we go there on formal nights without having to "dress up" like for the MDR.

not consistently.....the Crown has been saying that the dress code for specialty restaurants is the same as MDR. They have been posting such info on the front page of the Patter on formal nights, as was seen here on a recent live from thread, and our experience last March and April.

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

not consistently.....the Crown has been saying that the dress code for specialty restaurants is the same as MDR. They have been posting such info on the front page of the Patter on formal nights, as was seen here on a recent live from thread, and our experience last March and April.

That was our experience too on the Crown Christmas 2018 cruise.