RCL Stock

heidikay

2 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

The stock market doesn’t move in a straight line. If we are on a recovery we just witnessed the shortest bull market in history (I doubt that). This just a bump up before the next fall.  

I don't doubt that we have more dips to come. It is pretty hard to buy in at the bottom. But if we do have a substantial dip I'll grab some more. As long as no bankruptcy gets involved eventually, and I have time to wait, it should be ok.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't doubt that we have more dips to come. It is pretty hard to buy in at the bottom. But if we do have a substantial dip I'll grab some more. As long as no bankruptcy gets involved eventually, and I have time to wait, it should be ok.

I agree it is pretty hard to buy in at the bottom.  But I want to see progress on fighting the actual virus before I get in.  Not just a stimulus package.  But a declining infection and death rate,  The stock market is not the problem, the problem is covid-19.  Until we make progress in testing and isolating the specific carriers the economy will get worse and worse day by day.  If we try to stimulus our way out of this by the end of the year the dollar will be worth less than a 1923 German mark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

I agree it is pretty hard to buy in at the bottom.  But I want to see progress on fighting the actual virus before I get in.  Not just a stimulus package.  But a declining infection and death rate,  The stock market is not the problem, the problem is covid-19.  Until we make progress in testing and isolating the specific carriers the economy will get worse and worse day by day.  If we try to stimulus our way out of this by the end of the year the dollar will be worth less than a 1923 German mark.

The other possibility that you overlooked is that we find out this virus has been around a lot longer than we thought and we start finding that there is a lot more natural immunity out there than we originally thought. But for now, with what we know at this time, you are certainly correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The other possibility that you overlooked is that we find out this virus has been around a lot longer than we thought and we start finding that there is a lot more natural immunity out there tha....

From your mouth to gods year.

It is possible.  But if true we should have a pretty high number of unexplained respiratory deaths during that period   And we should not be seeing the massive growth rate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ed01106 said:

From your mouth to gods year.

It is possible.  But if true we should have a pretty high number of unexplained respiratory deaths during that period   And we should not be seeing the massive growth rate.  

A good part of the massive growth rate could be simply because we are testing and that was not being done in the past. One saying that we have in medicine is you don't find things if you don't look for them. As for the respiratory deaths, I am not saying that the virus is not dangerous to the impaired. But as I have said either earlier in this thread, or another one, I was seeing a lot of flu like patients last Oct-Nov that were testing negative for flu. I just have my suspicious and nothing more to go on at this time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

My dad flew the huge planes (B-52?) that picked up those gliders and dropped them behind enemy lines. He said that they had to fly low between like goal posts and catch a wire to pick the glider up and tow it aloft so they could fly and land.. He said the plane would almost stop in midair when they caught the gliders, and apparently they carried troops and jeeps. Huge things. How interesting. I didn't know they were made by Steinway. :classic_smile:

Wow that's interesting.  I always wondered how they got behind enemy lines in the first place.  Yes, they were made by Steinway who had a huge factory.  Later in the war, the government told them to go back to making pianos, but they weren't for concerts.  They were smaller versions and sent to bases for the troops.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to agree with you on that point. I was seeing a load of patients back in Oct-Nov last year who appeared to have the flu but were testing negative and there symptoms were dragging out longer than usual. Looking back I suspect it was Corona.

I just saw a snippet on the news about some crew nembers on a U.S. aircraft carrier testing positive. I didn't catch the name of the ship so I can't find out how long it has been out to sea but the virus got aboard somehow.

Patrick's carrier was the Reagan, permanently stationed in Japan. They never really leave area.

South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Guam, Philippines, come to mind

28 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

$40.15...buy.

Why would you say that? Why did the stock go up so fast? It probably went up because of the stimulus package in the U.S., which might mean bailout money for the cruise lines, and the $2.2 billion dollar loan that RCL took out. This means, probably the biggest fear of them going away, for at least awhile. What happens if the virus spreads even farther and last for several more months. No money coming in and they default down the road.

Nobody really knows. As of now, there is no cure and no vaccine to help prevent it. It's your money do what you want. Too much downside for me. 

2 hours ago, ed01106 said:

The stock market doesn’t move in a straight line. If we are on a recovery we just witnessed the shortest bull market in history (I doubt that). This just a bump up before the next fall.  

Dead Cat Bounce

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Supposedly you will be fine by Easter is what I just heard the President say on TV.  

Our Ministry of Health, who is a Rabbi (yes...😅), and can't even pronounce "Corona" said that it will be over before Passover.... which is even earlier than Easter....

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just don't get it. A nonoperational company that provides a non-essential service when it is functioning. What am I missing?

Welcome to the stock market- a wonderous land of finance with a generous dash of feelings, speculation and herd mentality.

Fwiw, I'm already in on CCL, RCL and NCLH.

Edited by mpk

9 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Why would you say that? Why did the stock go up so fast? It probably went up because of the stimulus package in the U.S., which might mean bailout money for the cruise lines, and the $2.2 billion dollar loan that RCL took out. This means, probably the biggest fear of them going away, for at least awhile. What happens if the virus spreads even farther and last for several more months. No money coming in and they default down the road.

Nobody really knows. As of now, there is no cure and no vaccine to help prevent it. It's your money do what you want. Too much downside for me. 

$42.98

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Patrick's carrier was the Reagan, permanently stationed in Japan. They never really leave area.

South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Guam, Philippines, come to mind

I love naval ships. My father worked for the navy and I was around the ships all the time. A friend of mine was on the Iowa before it was decomissioned. I got to spend a day aboard with him exploring all over the ship. Does Patrick need a friend?😉😎

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Our Ministry of Health, who is a Rabbi (yes...😅), and can't even pronounce "Corona" said that it will be over before Passover.... which is even earlier than Easter....

I believe he is mistaken.   Passover will be very difficult for us.  Not only are we not suppose to get together,  ours has been hosted by my brother.  He succumbed to Covid-19 last week.  Our Rabbi put up a fight and the State allowed us to have a minion.   

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:44 PM, heidikay said:

Anybody watching the price drop?  Oh my I wonder it where it finish.  It is now at 82.28.

We are watching this. Thinking about buying stock with our tax refund, and watching it grow back to health.