Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

September 25,2020,  British Isles Regal Princess cruise, that was cancelled by Princess on May 6, 2020, with deposit only was refunded onto FCC today, July 28, 2020.  It was the $400 deposit and $400 bonus they promised.  

This took about 82 days.  

Now waiting for my Travel Agent to move it to the May 2, 2021, Crown Princess that has been on "deposit hold" since May 7.  Princess has assured TA that this can be used for the deposit.  

Edited by ROWSE

Our October 15th Tahiti cruise was cancelled by Princess on May 6th.  We only had FCDs on it so we elected to go with the default double FCC offer and did not fill out a form.  The FCCs for this cruise were processed yesterday and today (see circled amounts at the bottom of the screenshot).  Oddly the FCD we used is still shown as applied to the cancelled cruise (circled at the top) and the cruise is still active in the personalizer so they may still be working on it.  But it does seem like they are working a little faster on the recently cancelled cruises.  Here's hoping that the folks still expecting $$ from earlier pauses get relief soon.

image.png.194615eaad19edbad72702e0ea9cd2db.png

• Like 2

I can't figure out how to tag azbirdmom, but yes --- more recent pauses seem to be processed faster

According to Gift Card Services & Customer Relations my September 4th cancelation was credited to gift cards & visa yesterday. (Really weird because it was paid for with gift cards, FCC & FCD --- FCC & FCD transferred out already). Both offices state it takes a week to show up but it's off my personalizer so something is happening. March 22nd cruise still not fully refunded and shows in my personalizer. So later cruises are being worked faster than pre-pause1 Princess cancelations 

At least there's movement

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

My May 3rd 2020 cruise (which I cancelled Feb.29th & then they ended up cancelling, we chose Option 2) was finally refunded & credited to my CC July 23rd! Hallelujah! Sing to Jesus!  It only took 145 days.  I know how we all have been beyond frustrated and I hope all that are still waiting get your refunds soon!  

• Like 2

FYI.

Our cruise was aboard the Sky Princess for 21 Mar.  The cruise was cancelled about the 14th March.  The FCCs were received after about two months but the refund of the taxes & port fees arrived today after about 17 weeks.  I had given up on these since we had booked another cruise and Princess applied our FCCs without our asking and the credits appeared to include the amount for taxes and port fees.  Couldn't understand their accounting but since the total was less than I expected I didn't inquire.

Be patient!

• Like 1

Oh happy day...it has FINALLY happened. After 140 days, Princess has finally refunded my March 14th sailing. I chose option 1 (225% FCC) and received the correct amount of FCC about a month ago. No email to let me know, it was just on my Princess account. Today I got the refund of taxes/fees, EZ Air, pre-paid grats back to my credit cards and it balances to the penny. Now I have to let my banks know to cancel the dispute I initiated and I have to pray Princess doesn't end up recharging me as some have experienced!

This whole ordeal has been beyond frustrating. The long wait wasn't my main concern - it was the total lack of transparency, consistency, and communication. I truly feel that Princess has done their brand a huge disservice with the way this has been handled. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oh happy day...it has FINALLY happened. After 140 days, Princess has finally refunded my March 14th sailing. I chose option 1 (225% FCC) and received the correct amount of FCC about a month ago. No email to let me know, it was just on my Princess account. Today I got the refund of taxes/fees, EZ Air, pre-paid grats back to my credit cards and it balances to the penny. Now I have to let my banks know to cancel the dispute I initiated and I have to pray Princess doesn't end up recharging me as some have experienced!

This whole ordeal has been beyond frustrating. The long wait wasn't my main concern - it was the total lack of transparency, consistency, and communication. I truly feel that Princess has done their brand a huge disservice with the way this has been handled. 

Congratulations!  Fingers crossed that your refunds stick.

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Fabulous news!!!

• Like 1

Our 21st June cruise was cancelled on 15th April. Since then we've heard absolutely nothing. We selected to have a full refund as we already had a cruise booked for next April and FCCs don't last long enough past then for us to want another. Unfortunately we paid with debit card and through a TA so we're totally dependent on Pricess paying it back to the TA.

Is there somewhere on the Princess web site I can check for progress?

Is it possible Princess is giving precedence to its NA customers and leaving the rest of us to stew?

17 minutes ago, Snapsh0t said:

Our 21st June cruise was cancelled on 15th April. Since then we've heard absolutely nothing. We selected to have a full refund as we already had a cruise booked for next April and FCCs don't last long enough past then for us to want another. Unfortunately we paid with debit card and through a TA so we're totally dependent on Pricess paying it back to the TA.

Is it possible Princess is giving precedence to its NA customers and leaving the rest of us to stew?

Our 9th June cruise was cancelled  8 April. We have been phoning Princess although our booking was through a TA. We have now been told that our refund has been forwarded to the Travel Agent but so far we have not seen the money. We live in hope that it may be forthcoming soon.

I think that you are right regarding UK being left behind in this process . According to Jan Swartz there are only 100 refunds left to finalise !!??

37 minutes ago, Snapsh0t said:

No sadly there is not.  You can check in your Captains circle account to see if  any FCCs have been received.  ( I assume you will get some in addition to your cash which will come via your TA)   If your next cruise isnt fully paid they may apply the FCC to that.

Your TA should have all the figures but probably wont know any more as to dates.

It is probably a bit early as I think they were at least trying to keep to sail date and at least 60 days after that I dont think they are giving any priority to  NA clients  the slight advantage they

might have is that they have a freephone number and a chatline on the website.

If you havent already  see if there is a roll call for your sailing and maybe people are posting in that, if not  you post something asking how others are getting on.  We were in the same position as you though we were on a cruise that was cancelled which made it more difficult for them to sort out. Our TA was the one that sounds like an ice house  and our contact was excellent.   Working from home

with odd days in the office  answered most things we asked within a day or two.

I think the people at Princess  were doing more than just princess   so  maybe did Carnival and  maybe P&O . Other maybe doing  Cunard & HAL  - think they are all in the same place in S'hampton.

I would give them until 60 days after sailing then start asking if they are working on it  -  a good opening might be you are wanting  to confirm that they have your correct choice, as many have reported they asked for cash and got Fccs and visa versa.

Edited by Aulanis

Thanks for the suggestion about the roll call. I've left a message there to try to wake it up.

Our next cruise should be back with P&O rather than Princess so I doubt any FCCs will move between lines, even if within CCL. We just want our money back - Mrs S has some major garden restructuring she want done..... 😉

FINALLY, I received my refund for March 22 canceled cruise today. Some of the charges on a different credit card are still in dispute and I'll be calling Barclay for a final resolution Monday if I haven't received anything by then. Have read of #Katisdale who had charges refunded, then partially recharged a month later and hoping not to be in that situation next month. Good luck to you all who are still waiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

FINALLY, I received my refund for March 22 canceled cruise today. Some of the charges on a different credit card are still in dispute and I'll be calling Barclay for a final resolution Monday if I haven't received anything by then. Have read of #Katisdale who had charges refunded, then partially recharged a month later and hoping not to be in that situation next month. Good luck to you all who are still waiting.

A great day for you.... the Leafs beat the Canadiens last night too.  Here’s to a Toronto Stanley Cup in 2020.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hooray!  , I thought you were going for the 150 day club membership.

I thought I might be in the lifetime membership the rate things were moving! Lol

I swear, if they recharge me, as seems to have happened for a few on here, I will literally lose my mind!

• Like 1

how does Princess apply payments when a cruise is not paid in full ?

cruise fare

port fees and taxes

insurance 

is there any order ( trying to see how much FCC we may get back doubled , hopefully not overthinking this as we paid 

$ 900 on a cruise fare of $ 1,050 ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

how does Princess apply payments when a cruise is not paid in full ?

cruise fare

port fees and taxes

insurance 

is there any order ( trying to see how much FCC we may get back doubled , hopefully not overthinking this as we paid 

$ 900 on a cruise fare of $ 1,050 ) 

Not sure if this is the same situation as you have.  We had two cruises where we had only paid $1200 on each cruise toward the full cost. Final payment wasn't due until August. They were cancelled during Pause 3 and we opted for the FCC for our deposit and 100% bonus FCC for amount of deposit.  We only received FCCs for what we had actually paid in the deposit.  For each cruise, we received a total of $2400 in FCCs ($1200 FCCs for base deposit and $1200 bonus FCCs for deposit amount).  

For us, we only received separate payments that were identified specifically for fare, fees and insurance on two cruises that were paid in full.  

• Thanks 1

i am in recharging hell....they just keep recharging my credit card....card company says i have to dispute all of these...it was bad enough when princess owed me $12k, but now it is $17k with the recharges...they are beyond screwed up!!!

Last night I signed into Princess and VOILA, our FCCs from our cancelled October California Coastal are now in my Captains Circle Account. It only took 8 weeks to process....without having to call them every week, or challenge the charges with my credit card company. 

This morning I forwarded the info to our TA to apply to our Quebec to FLL sailing in October 2021.

I assume I'll get an email from Princess at some point explaining the refund amounts, but so far I haven't heard a peep from them. Nothing in my spam folder either....just happy to have it taken care of.

• Like 2