Reflection headed back to FLL

Perky1

The Port Everglades port schedule shows that Reflection completed her arrival this morning. On the Port Everglades webcam you can clearly see Edge and Silhouette, but I haven't been able to spot Reflection, yet.

Just saw Regal Princess return to Ft Lauderdale, although she's not on the Port Everglades schedule....

On the Reflection 3/13 roll call, says they got a letter, and are headed to Nassau ... 

Regal Princess does not have passengers, their 3/8 sailing had been cancelled, along with the suspension of all sailings that started yesterday.

Edited by debshomespun

20 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

It shouldn't have sailed in the first place. They knew they were going to be suspending cruises earlier in the day and still let it sail out in the afternoon. Ridiculous.

The suspension began at midnight after those ships sailed. 

I'm going to ask that we give Celebrity (and all the cruise lines) a little bit of a break from being so critical here on Cruise Critic.  This is an unprecedented situation that is changing faster than anything I've seen in my lifetime (and I'm on the older end of the spectrum :-)).  The cruise line employees (stateside and shipboard) have been working endless hours to make decisions, revise them, make new decisions to protect passengers and crew.  They are in a no win situation.  People are upset if the don't sail; people are upset if they do.  Phone lines and websites are inundated.  It's easy for us to sit here at our computers, likely at home, and be critical.  But that's doesn't do anyone any good right now.  These are unusually challenging times for all.  The last thing we need is second guessing and negative comments about Celebrity.  While I am certain that frustrations on many fronts are high, keep in mind how stressful the situations are for those that work for the cruise lines, the ports, hotels, airlines, etc.  There are so many things at stake.  Let's all be a little more cautious in what we say here on Cruise Critic.  We all want to get through this together.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I'm going to ask that we give Celebrity (and all the cruise lines) a little bit of a break from being so critical here on Cruise Critic.  This is an unprecedented situation that is changing faster than anything I've seen in my lifetime (and I'm on the older end of the spectrum :-)).  The cruise line employees (stateside and shipboard) have been working endless hours to make decisions, revise them, make new decisions to protect passengers and crew.  They are in a no win situation.  People are upset if the don't sail; people are upset if they do.  Phone lines and websites are inundated.  It's easy for us to sit here at our computers, likely at home, and be critical.  But that's doesn't do anyone any good right now.  These are unusually challenging times for all.  The last thing we need is second guessing and negative comments about Celebrity.  While I am certain that frustrations on many fronts are high, keep in mind how stressful the situations are for those that work for the cruise lines, the ports, hotels, airlines, etc.  There are so many things at stake.  Let's all be a little more cautious in what we say here on Cruise Critic.  We all want to get through this together.

Well said I agree.

9 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

Thank you Anne.   Very well stated.   As you noted it is a trying time for all.

9 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I'm wondering if they are returning early because of the possibility of domestic flights being cancelled? There have been rumblings about that including Trump hinting at domestic restrictions. Don't want people at sea returning to Florida with no way to fly home.

We are scheduled to port at Ft Lauderdale Tuesday am. We are at sea and the Summit is next to us heading north. The plans are to dock at Nassau tomorrow (?) they advised us this am and there are travelers rearranging their travel plan.  Pool is busy and we are “going with the flow”!

Edited by citruscruiser
Wrong ship Summit (need new glasses!)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Thank you Anne

I think our CC Community  can do much  good  by sharing helpful info with those who are stranded, unsure about cancellations, and  curious about future sailing status. For some it is a lifeline at this point.

The few  Celeb reps I interacted with recently were well informed, helpful and  very sympathetic. They are working long hours under stress with some very disappointed  and unhappy cruisers!  None of it is caused by the reps! And they go home to the same virus issues  and concerns everyone else has.

Plenty of time to gripe later on...

• Like 3

The Chaos in the North American Airports right now is unprecedented. 

Canada and USA are going to shut the borders soon and people have been instructed to return ASAP .

Problem is the Airports are a breeding ground for this Virus  ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Well said!  Thank you for a moment of clarity.  X and any other cruise isn't cancelling cruises, missing ports, having longer than usual phone wait times, and shutting down service completely for several weeks just to annoy people.  These companies are seriously hurting right now while trying to find a way to keep customers happy.  It's a great idea to just take a deep breath and realize that this too shall pass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meechee341 said:

Well said!  Thank you for a moment of clarity.  X and any other cruise isn't cancelling cruises, missing ports, having longer than usual phone wait times, and shutting down service completely for several weeks just to annoy people.  These companies are seriously hurting right now while trying to find a way to keep customers happy.  It's a great idea to just take a deep breath and realize that this too shall pass.

On the Reflection heading to Nassau. Staff and crew have been fantastic.

Sure we were disappointed but they are giving us a 100% refund and 50% FCC

Thats like getting a 5 day 4 night cruise FREE   They are giving people 200 per person for airline changes TRANSPORTATION  to the airport. We have 1200 passengers and 1200 

You will never sail like this again on a cruise. Almost all the passenger are having a great time and understand it’s not Celebrity fault . 

• Like 2

Am on the Reflection. Don’t know why you are concerned about us.  Nothing you can or could do if there were any issues or problems.  If you had relatives on board they would have contacted you and even then you couldn’t help. 

Mass hysteria and crisis is the root of the problem caused by all the politics and  news media

Life is great

Written after having many drinks enjoying the last day on board 🍺🍸🥃🥂🧉🍷

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The problems at the U.S. airport is caused by the screening of passengers arriving from overseas.   The passenger load yesterday was 40,000 so it took hours of waiting in line.   These passengers are expected to self quarantine for two weeks as many are likely already carrying the virus.   Before this passengers in the airports were complaining about the lack of screening.   Flying back from Nassau expect a lengthy wait for screening.   Since you are going to be isolated at home for two weeks it may be better to stay in Nassau.   They probably have good rates right now.

24 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

The problems at the U.S. airport is caused by the screening of passengers arriving from overseas.   The passenger load yesterday was 40,000 so it took hours of waiting in line.   These passengers are expected to self quarantine for two weeks as many are likely already carrying the virus.   Before this passengers in the airports were complaining about the lack of screening.   Flying back from Nassau expect a lengthy wait for screening.   Since you are going to be isolated at home for two weeks it may be better to stay in Nassau.   They probably have good rates right now.

They are not disembarking in Nassau. They were given a port stop in Nassau today for some bizarre reason after the cruise was already on its way back to Florida after being cut short. They disembark in Florida tomorrow.

On 3/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, Host Anne said:

I agree with what you say, we were on Reflection when it turned back I can honestly say that Celebrity were great with us sorted everything out plus a full refund and discount on our next cruise. The 4 nights we had were a blast also with the ship not even 1/2 full never seen so many empty sun loungers to pick from.

Florida needs to do something, especially around Miami, as their cases are over 100 in that area alone.   Unfortunately the Spring Break crowd is stilling massing on the beaches as it is still party time for them and they are spreading the virus.   It would seem a real lockdown in the area is required.   Hope everyone can stay healthy when they return to Florida.   I’d be happier on a ship, without the virus.