P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

46 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I can be a great deal of help here. I hired a Captur. Quite good. My car has the Renault diesel engine and it's got a silver star in the bonnet. Apparently that engine is used in several different makes, so must be going . Not much help really, was it.🤣

I already have a Petrol Captur, but I was looking at the Hybrid version which is a new model so different to the one I already have. Trying to sell someone a new car without having the opportunity to see or drive it before purchase is an odd way of selling. I want to see how the vehicle I might have purchased handles with the hybrid engine and how I find the other changes to the model affect the way it drives

All the other dealers I am testing with this week have the model of car I am looking at available to test, Toyota have me booked in for 90 min test drive tomorrow, now that’s what I call a test drive the 20 min option of test in the Clio didn’t really do it for me,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

They've got a lot of catching up to do with PCness over here.388690022_IMG_20220612_120728624421.thumb.jpg.4bffa12b9639c62007c33a3ea738b979.jpg

Brian, are you in Italy at the moment and if so is there any talk of them loosening the restrictions there?

The next formal review is the 15 June from what I gather but any early speculation. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Trying to sell someone a new car without having the opportunity to see or drive it before purchase is an odd way of selling

I purchased my Puma through the internet. Have never even sat in one, let alone driven one !

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well the idea of a test in the Captur came to a quick end. I spent time talking to the salesman about various options for the car, I then said I would like a test drive before any decision is reached, that’s when he told me that they had no demonstration models and wouldn’t until late August, but I could test drive a Clio which as the same engine!! That brought the conversation to a speedy end one less car to test and I will be owning at some point a non-Renault car for first time in over 10 years. 

I have added the Honda Cross star to the list and removed the Kona, as the model I was looking at is outside of my budget. 

We got our brand new Renault Captur on Thursday.

Lovely car.

IMG-20220602-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220609_152727.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Brian, are you in Italy at the moment and if so is there any talk of them loosening the restrictions there?

The next formal review is the 15 June from what I gather but any early speculation. Thanks.

Just proof of booster at point of entry,but we were never asked to produce it by anyone which is unusual for Ryanair who ask for it b4 boarding normally.Masks not required anywhere now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Just proof of booster at point of entry,but we were never asked to produce it by anyone which is unusual for Ryanair who ask for it b4 boarding normally.Masks not required anywhere now.

Thanks, you are more up to date than the U.K. gov site which is still quoting KN95 /FFP2 masks. 

What about quarantine, is it still 10 days?

I would  love to go to Italy but the quarantine situation is off putting.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We got our brand new Renault Captur on Thursday.

Lovely car.

IMG-20220602-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220609_152727.jpg

Notice yours is petrol version, the dealer has one that colour in showroom, but sadly no hybrid, which has an up to 9 month delivery timescale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I purchased my Puma through the internet. Have never even sat in one, let alone driven one !

There’s a potential downside to that. We were absolutely all set on a Honda Jazz, visited dealer for test drive prior to negotiating price, test drove vehicle and found there was absolutely no way for my smallish wife to reach the pedals and drive it safely. Two salesmen tried to find the right adjustments but had to admit it couldn’t be done. We’ve had various VWs over the years, and Skodas now, with never a problem but oddly the Jazz was just impossible for her to drive safely and comfortably. If we’d bought online we’d have had a useless car.

With you entirely in principle on price though, except that you can frequently persuade a main dealer to match, or very closely match, the best internet price just to get a sale, particularly if they need it to achieve a target.

We imported two VWs from the Netherlands in 2000 and saved thousands because of the exchange rates and the differences in pricing, with a couple of nice holidays thrown in, but that little game no longer works. Good while it lasted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks, you are more up to date than the U.K. gov site which is still quoting KN95 /FFP2 masks. 

What about quarantine, is it still 10 days?

I would  love to go to Italy but the quarantine situation is off putting.

We arrived on the 21st may but it seems regs have been relaxed from 1st june.The UK.gov site is the best source of info.Mask wearing does seem to be lapse though,perhaps with the no test or jab required they are enforcing the mask rule now.No big deal.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

With you entirely in principle on price though, except that you can frequently persuade a main dealer to match, or very closely match, the best internet price just to get a sale, particularly if they need it to achieve a target.

With a six month waiting list,  it is very much a seller's market, so little incentive for the dealer to drop his price. 

I agree that it is a little risky,  buying unseen, but, over the years, my wife and I have never had a car we could not drive.  Plus, the Puma is based on the Fiesta, which we have owned previously,  with no problems finding a suitable driving position.

If the worst comes to the worst, we can always sell it and make a profit ! 

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Notice yours is petrol version, the dealer has one that colour in showroom, but sadly no hybrid, which has an up to 9 month delivery timescale. 

Long waits for delivery are another reason why test drives may not be possible. Fortunately the wait time for my new car was only about 6 weeks because it is the only one in the country that was available when I bought it and fortunately, in a colour we were happy with. Otherwise it would probably have been late autumn.

It seems as though reductions in cost are increasingly associated with other products. 5 years free servicing means well over £1000 saving for me but will cost the garage much less. £1500 discount was only available if I paid the balance using Honda finance (at only 5% APR) and don’t pay it off for at least 6 months. It is definitely a seller’s market but still worth trying to get a discount or extras as a sweetener.

Edited by pete14

Hello all, our lunch party for my mum went well, star of the show was little grandson of course! We actually had some lovely sunshine and our son’s partner made one of her amazing cakes!

C5C97361-A03D-4150-9349-2C1BBEE15947.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 11

Just now, Eddie99 said:

I’m glad you (and your Mum) had a lovely day Sue.  You seem to have had more than enough troubles lately

Thank you. Hopefully my parents will be moving on 24th June which is very exciting.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, our lunch party for my mum went well, star of the show was little grandson of course! We actually had some lovely sunshine and our son’s partner made one of her amazing cakes!

C5C97361-A03D-4150-9349-2C1BBEE15947.jpeg

Cake looks lovely.

Is that Terry's chocolate orange on the top?.