P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thank you.

OH is under pain of death not to request it, but  although I always leave cruise number, dates, and cabin number with my daughters I realised that they asked for details a bit early this time.  I think something is brewing.☺️

When I agreed to go to Mamma Mia The Party at the 02 with the  (grown up) grandchildren I thought I had got away with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Once again,  I don't know where to put this!

A  silly cruise question that doesn't merit it's own thread.

In a few weeks I have  "horrible" birthday so we are running away to sea!🤣

I was chatting away to a friend, who used to cruise, and she mentioned that the waiters may sing happy birthday.  Then she said "Don't forget to pay them."   I have never heard of that, have you?  She seemed to suggest something over £20.

Perhaps its normal, and I have missed it!

We were informed on our recent cruises that the waiters no longer sang happy birtday, however someone indicated this could have been because of mask wearing, so maybe it could now change.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Flicking through the posts on here, as I am too nervous to watch the cricket !

Had a slight panic when Mo Ali got out, but should have worried too much as Stokesy was still there. 

England now hold the World Cups for both formats of the one day game T20 & 50 Over, the first team to ever do that. Also what a place to win in Australia at the Host Countries home of cricket the MCG and with an Australian head coach as well. 

I wasn’t successful in Ashes Ballot for Edgbaston tickets for next summer, I did how’re get tickets for Women’s T20 match against the World and Commonwealth Champions Australia. 

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Had a slight panic when Mo Ali got out, but should have worried too much as Stokesy was still there. 

I must admit, I was too nervous to watch every ball.

But the scooped six was fantastic ! Can you imagine a certain Mr Boycott attempting one  of  those shots !

Just Pre Covid, I had a birthday on Aurora, deliberately didn't tell any body as didn't want a fuss. 

The reception team left an answerphone message singing happy birthday, a card and chocolates were left in the room and the waiters and whole restaurant sang happy birthday and brought a slice of cake with a candle, none of it requested... 

They know your date of birth, be warned!!! 

Didn't think to tip anyone and didn't feel it was expected. 

Our end of cruise tips were probably a bit more than usual for the extra effort though. 

Andy 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We were informed on our recent cruises that the waiters no longer sang happy birtday, however someone indicated this could have been because of mask wearing, so maybe it could now change.

It is definitely back on Princess, they sang to me on my birthday much to my embarrassment though I enjoy the lovely little chocolate cake.   It was also displayed on the interactive screens in the lift lobbies every time I passed courtesy of the ocean medallion system.

I have managed to avoid it next year by booking our cruise for the day after my birthday, though my sisters have decided that we are celebrating my birthday a week early because I will be entering a new decade.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Should have said UNREQUESTED not unrequited.  I love predictive  text🤣

Sorry to report but  the inventor of predictive text has passed away

His funfair will be held next Monkey

People attending should not bring flares but can give to a chariot of their choice :classic_unsure:

• Haha 21

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Sorry to report but  the inventor of predictive text has passed away

His funfair will be held next Monkey

People attending should not bring flares but can give to a chariot of their choice :classic_unsure:

I now double and triple check all mine. In the past, many were urined.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It is definitely back on Princess, they sang to me on my birthday much to my embarrassment though I enjoy the lovely little chocolate cake.   It was also displayed on the interactive screens in the lift lobbies every time I passed courtesy of the ocean medallion system.

I have managed to avoid it next year by booking our cruise for the day after my birthday, though my sisters have decided that we are celebrating my birthday a week early because I will be entering a new decade.

Yep we got the little chocolate cake and song on Princess last year as well and they had masks on at the time but it did not dampen the enthusiastic singing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They did it on Princess with masks on and from more of a distance. They also provide a small chocolate cake I (unrequested).

Recently on MSC same thing for another table, cake and singing.

I wonder if they just don’t have the time on P&O as they seem to be short of staff?

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yep we got the little chocolate cake and song on Princess last year as well and they had masks on at the time but it did not dampen the enthusiastic singing.

I got the waiters singing happy birthday on a Nile cruise 13 years ago. Never again thank you. How embarrassing. OK if you are a kid, but a load of blokes singing to me, no thanks. Perhaps their enthusiasm was because that is their job.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I got the waiters singing happy birthday on a Nile cruise 13 years ago. Never again thank you. How embarrassing. OK if you are a kid, but a load of blokes singing to me, no thanks. Perhaps their enthusiasm was because that is their job.

I know where your coming from .Can you imagine you go out to the pub and you fancy a swift one in the tap room, nothing too fancy . All of a sudden the lads stop playing darts and dominoes and burst into song with "Happy Birthday To You ..":classic_unsure: It's not the done thing and it's never going to happen .

Well I hope not .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

I know where your coming from .Can you imagine you go out to the pub and you fancy a swift one in the tap room, nothing too fancy . All of a sudden the lads stop playing darts and dominoes and burst into song with "Happy Birthday To You ..":classic_unsure: It's not the done thing and it's never going to happen .

Well I hope not .

It's my happy, happy birthday today ( no singing please ,). We went into one of my favourite restaurants.  If they start singing, I'm off.

• Like 10

I have just come in from planting (rather belatedly) some of my spring bulbs. I am right aren’t I, it’s the 14th of November today? Here’s a fuchsia I planted in early summer that didn’t do very much until now. At least it cheers the patio up.

979BA58E-D369-44F2-9CBF-9E0F0F073F9C.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps, or perhaps they are just being nice and you are a cynic?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Well I hope not .

Could be worse used to get the bumps at school.Don't fancy 70 of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5